Spitfire General Discussion

Discussion in 'Spitfire' started by Phanir, May 21, 2014.

1. Kiwi-poi

Hmm.. that is pretty odd considering that one strips Pdef while the other Mdef. Maybe that's what the actual statement meant by cannot be used in conjunction. In any case, thanks to you and your friend both, much appreciated.

2. Zeske Ultimate Trashcan-on-Fire Tier

Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    OKAY. Just kidding, ignore everything I wrote just then. Sci and I went testing and found some interesting results. My guess is the results I found before are because its the difference between mspit and fspit, different classes, same skill etc, a bit of an oddity.
    However, with mspits, if you stack the exact same C4's (ie. Remote C4s+Remote C4s) the reduction and the pdef shred both stack. Since they're different def shreds, doesn't matter which you stack on top of each other in terms of shred. However with the speed reduction, as Sci said before, it's which ever was stacked most recently. Thinking back we never specifically tested the orders in which it would prioritize and whether or not it would stack with the other (ie. flying -> remote -> flying -> remote (would this be 2x the remote slow, or just 1x) vs flying -> flying -> remote -> remote). Although tbh the likelyhood of you running with another mspit in the same party is pretty darn low XD.

3. Sci Sci

IGN:
    oOSciOo
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Server:
    Cain
    As we tested, double C4 Remote Control or even double Flying C4 brings the actions of bosses to almost a stop! A very powerful CC ability but it's rare to have 2 mspits in the same party like Zeske said xD. However, it may not be the case for Fspit because their popularity is rising due to powerful awakening burst after rework!
    -------------------------------
    On a side note, I will post a picture of magic Mspit in Fermen test as a reference. There was a lot of swapping (for blazing bullet) going on before this test so this is not practical in actual dungeons since we run out of bullets so quickly xD
    Mspit fermen.jpg

4. v1nn1e

I found a gold lux as well, what is ur setting? Physical or magical? Thanks

5. Kiwi-poi

Ah, that's cool, thank you for double checking. Yes I do love the massive slow effect of C4, turns anything on 3-4 charges attached into sitting ducks.
    Speaking of which, after the spitfire revamp, particularly the part where we don't have to load grenades anymore, would Primitive Strike OV set work well with MSpit, or is it still only best for FSpit?

6. Sci Sci

IGN:
    oOSciOo
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Server:
    Cain
    I don't think it works well for neither of them because grenades do little damage compare to the reworked skills. In addition, their playstyles change completely.
    After rework, MSpit gameplay focuses on continuous damage because skills becomes instantaneous and they can unload 5-6 skills in a very short amount of time, kinda similar to ele. MSpit is much better at maintaining DPS after rework and they rarely have dry period without damage. Because of this, grenades are used as support skills and you'll likely only use Flash Bang for the special shock. On the other hand, FSpit focuses on bursts; they only use reinforce/explosive bullets when their bursts are on cooldown and I rarely see them use grenades because shooting bullets with aeiral fly provides hitstun and is much faster than throwing grenade.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. zzRot

IGN:
    NoGear
    So after the reworks why are f spits held in such high regard whereas m spits are seen as still mediocre?

8. Alcor

IGN:
    Inexorably/Elprinny
    Fspits 1st and 2nd awakening are seen as some of the strongest burst in the game; whereas the skill values of Mspits 1st and 2nd are some of weakest.
    Mspits dealing is mostly sustain type; and is absolutely mediocre without the gear to support it (most Kndf pub mspits), since Luke raid is still focused on burst. Whereas Freyja has strong burst in comparison to other classes with similar gear.

9. Sci Sci

IGN:
    oOSciOo
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Server:
    Cain
    There are reasons that make FSpit become popular after rework. The first one is that they completely deal fixed damage which makes the gearing process easier than MSpit. FSpit has very strong bursts compare to MSpit, particularly their 1st and 2nd active awakening combo! When pairing them with sader, nen, and witch/soulbender, beside gaining a ton of buffs/debuffs, they can reach 5000-6000 base damage and can clear mini boss/boss rooms with a single burst combo; and this burst combo can be reset with Refined Ring. Their downside is that if they miss their burst due to IF, it will take time to clear the room xD
    Mspits may be seen as mediocre possibly due to lack of bursts? Mspit is really fun to play after rework and that's all that matters <3. Our skills are fast, have short cooldown, and much stronger compared to the current state. I think reworked Napalm and Burster Shot may receive at least 400-500% damage increase; they become our mini burts with about 10-12s cooldown and can hit cap easily with decent gears and a sader. As I mentioned before, MSpit has the strongest XXX string in the game after rework and we do it much better than FSpit, so take advantage of this. Incorporating XXX string in between skills is how we sustain damage later on (that's why I did not recommend MSpit using handcannon to unload all skills and then switching to bowgun to xxx, we look like a failed version of FSpit :X). It has good hitstun and provides a certain amount of CC to the team. If 2 MSpits are in the same party, their xxxstrings+C4 can stunlock even monsters in Luke :dogcited:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  10. Kiwi-poi

Oh.. wasn't expecting that at all, haha. I thought Fspit's all about magic build, so blaze/freeze bullets and nades style. Anyways thanks for the confirmation.
    Speaking of OV set, is Bullet Hell alright? Seems like under normal circumstances, everytime I use buster shot it eats up 1/3 to 1/2 of my ammo, and Bullet Hell set is going to capitalize on that... is it viable trying to wear 9pc of this for farming gear until we get gracia or epics?

11. Zeske Ultimate Trashcan-on-Fire Tier

Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    I mean the main question at this point is what's the best weapon you have and what you're trying to accomplish o v o;; As someone who geared from the start as pdps (LoR was my first usable, then I got lucky and found a rolling block) I was using bullet hell the entire time and it wasn't the most ideal situation... Looking back bullet hell was great at single target dps but really failed in the farming section. When I was farming I found procs to be the strongest/fastest options at clearing all content up to anton normals (I also found the flash mine set to be slower than procs) >_< Even now I prefer to farm in an mdps setup for napalm/blazing bullet aoe and keep my pdps setup for endgame content =o

12. Not only are they one of the, if not the, numerically weakest awakening skills, they seem pretty counter-intuitive to the whole "sustained dealing" role that they seemed to want to give M.Spitfire.
    "Let's change the sustained DPS class' sustained DPS awakening into a really shitty burst turret!"
    "Let's...let's just not touch Supernova at all"

I never understood the reasoning behind Supernova. Let's make the ultimate skill for M.Spitfire, a class designed around the mastery of magical bullets and gadgets, be a skill where they throw a white rock and it explodes and that's it. Like, M.Spitfire is probably still my one of favorite classes in the game but fuck me in the ass if Supernova isn't the most underwhelming, visually and in-application, second awakening skill in the game.

Minor visual tics include "THERE'S A FUCKING BURNING NUCLEAR FALLOUT FIELD ON THE GROUND FOR LIKE 5 SECONDS AND IT DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING".

Their non-grenade support skills have a noticeable start-up or post-use delay though, especially Lock-On Support and Danger Close. The bullet-based skills are all pretty fast to activate, have little to no delay so you can get back to basic strings, and are decently strong weave-in skills. Despite that, their sustained DPS is still on the low end of sustained DPS so you need exceptional gear and exceptional skill/situational awareness to succeed as an M.Spitfire.

The new Danger Close is a mistake and I hope it dies.

13. Sci Sci

IGN:
    oOSciOo
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Server:
    Cain
    Imagine our 2nd awakening is a transformation (similar to Blademaster/Fbrawler/BMg) that allows us to enhance our normal skills along with new special bullets/skills. We will define the meaning of a true general in battle:hypeisreal:

14. Vatar

So the transformation would be getting the 2nd awakening splash's cloak delivered to our shoulders from the air which would power up all our skills with fabulousness? :fedor:

:xfiles:

15. I'd always imagined that the 2nd awakening would summon more ladies + your cape out of an attack helicopter. End result would be you have up to 8 geared-to-the-teeth Black Roses and the cape of truth and justice, making your skills stupid for 30 to 60 seconds!

16. Raiban

what are the weapon changes after the revamp? just want to know in case I need to buy a weapon to max out over charge.

17. Sci Sci

IGN:
    oOSciOo
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Server:
    Cain
    You can buy Dusk Eye musket from Beren which adds 2 levels to Overcharge or the level 90 legendary auto gun which adds 3 levels to Overcharge.

18. Pozj

I've been using Gracia+Gold Lux+ebins, using AP Bullets and physical skills

19. MetalBatKun

IGN:
    IHealDaCrew
    Server:
    Cain
    Honestly no one should be laughing at m spit

20. Chocodomo

I have an idea for a 2nd awakening transformation :baxter:
    pirate-preview-3.png.png

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)