Spitfire General Discussion

Discussion in 'Spitfire' started by Phanir, May 21, 2014.

1. xtesman

hey guys, new to spit, trying to figure out what gears to pursue. i dont plan to raid and such with him but to at least be capable to handle maps like gradine and salamandra slayer solo for occasional farming

seeing that we get epic box and earlier post suggest stormy steamroller, do we get gracia with that to stack light? or still focus with fire bullets?

is that level 85 legendary from anton good? gives 15 dual flicker etc etc.

I dont plan to get liberation bow if thats even good because it takes too much time.

i currently use olympus armor and 2016 event accessories. wil halidom b better? thanks

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  2. Sci Sci

IGN:
    oOSciOo
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Server:
    Cain
    Stormy Steamroller is very powerful in contents outside of Anton due to ridiculous lightning procs. It's very good when used to fight Tog but not efficient enough to take on other monsters in Anton due to their large amount of HP. Not including the procs, Stormy Steamroller is similar to Lib Bowgun in term of strength. You can use Gracia to stack light damage and still focus on blazing bullet because blazing bullet can take on light damage as long as your weapon can inflict light via default stat/enchant/cube contract.

It's fine to pick Stormy Steamroller because it can be useful later on. Another popular choice is Rolling Block which adds 3 levels of Overcharge post rework. But if you pick Stormy Steamroller, don't worry because there's a weaker version of Rolling Block called Dusk Eye. It is a boss pink musket that is purchasable from Beren's shop.

The Encroaching Dark Flame bowgun is not good because you will run of bullets with 2 xxxx strings xD. Your current gear is fine. The goal is to get Gracia armors since it's more affordable than fire stacking. In case you have trouble farming Gracia, try saving guild certificates for Fire Grudge Bracelet from guild dungeon merchant. Stormy Steamroller alone will destroy everything outside of Anton and when paired with Fire Grudge Bracelet + Gracia 6, you'd be glad that you chose to play mspit >:3

3. Hey guys. Is LoR still a top weapon on this class after the changes in kdnf? I'm going to craft a LoR after the hell rework on one of my alts and I'm trying to decide which one to craft it on.

4. xtesman

thanks for being informative. i will try to shoot for that stormy steamroller cuz i saw vids and it looks cool. i appreciate that u give me alternative approach, other ppl i ask would suggest stuff that r end game and takes forever to get, i need that stepping stone.

also any tips on making money? all i been doin when i have time is run thru gradine, but its pretty dreadful

5. Sci Sci

IGN:
    oOSciOo
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Server:
    Cain
    Instead of Grandine, try doing the first guild dungeon to get certificates for crystallized chaos box. This dungeon is fun and easy. Each box will give you 5 crystals, which is about 400,000 gold in profit per char. May be you can add this to your daily activity list for some bonus profit :) Also, if you are an alchemist, you can collect materials, craft, and sell super armor/warlord/mind stimulant/undiluted potions since they are quite popular in Anton contents atm. However, you can just sell the materials alone if you don't enjoy crafting; I once had a customer that bought 300,000 bottles of wind from me for 105mil xD. A stable source of bottle of wind is from extracting OV gears. You can easily make 1mil/day only by running guild dungeon and OV daily on 2 chars.

6. Grimmeh the edgy idiot

IGN:
    Grimmii
    Server:
    Cain
    hey guys so i started a m.spit for 1+1 but i think id like to take him further then just an alt. so im wondering what build style i should go for atm, which chron pieces to take for rework later and stormy memes or nah?

7. Sci Sci

IGN:
    oOSciOo
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Server:
    Cain
    Mspit has trouble dealing damage at the moment so for starters, I would suggest proc gears to be incorporated into any build to be more efficient. In my biased opinion, mspit is #1 at procing effect from gears due to fire danger close so take advantage of this. In my previous posts, I already suggested fire and light setup but I put down a summary of core setup for you here:
    -For light, go gracia 6 (5 armors +1 necklace/sub), fire grudge bracelet, stormy steamroller from epic road, and Juris ring
    -For fire, pink/legendary fire gears (I have a list on page 73 if you are unsure of which one to choose), fire grudge bracelet, lib bowgun/ice spark. You can always use stormy steamroller since its the easiest weapon to obtain now and it's super powerful!
    -Main dps will be from blazing bullet, danger close, and proc. Feel free to mix in any gear since proc build is very flexible. Juris works exceptionally well with proc build and it's the core item to maintain infinite danger close procs.

There's no need to save epic coin for Rolling Block for overcharge stacking. Later on, we have Dusk Eye (lv70 boss pink) +2 overcharge and lv 90 legendary autogun +3 overcharge.

Proc build will not die with the loss of danger close as an active buff post rework. You can still proc efficiently with xxx string. This fire and light gear setup remain viable post rework so later on, if you want to focus more on damage dealing, just simply replace the proc pieces with gears that have ele damage/damage modifiers.

For chronicle gears, look for Extra clip set

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  8. Zvolta super hot spitfire

IGN:
    BlackMaria
    Server:
    Cain
    [​IMG]
    Merry Christmas everyone...

9. Ryoh

What skills should I be maxing as a magical spitfire?
    Also, what title/pet/aura should I get?
    What should be ava top?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  10. Seraph

Buster shot feels weak since i only have a 3pc bullet hell atm. I'm not losing on anything by not using it right?
    Is basic training upgrade for musket spitfire a good idea?
    Should i farm Fire Grudge Bracelet even though im water build?
    What cheapish proc gear can i get to do better than poop damage?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  11. Sci Sci

IGN:
    oOSciOo
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Server:
    Cain
    There's not a lot of skill options for mspit so basically, you want to max the skills listed under the Magical Attack Change skill description. For me, I max all except C4 Remote Control and G-38ARG grenade. In addition, I max blazing bullet, napalm, dual flicker, danger close, and burster bullet. For TP, I max blazing, mine, crossmore, magic attack change, and BBQ. Our main dps is from blazing bullet and danger close; however due to the bad design of blazing bullet TP and dual flicker, it drains the already limited enchanted bullet really fast. This is why I recommended to get some proc gears so in case you run out of bullets, the procs will help you get through skill cooldown period. This problem is fixed post rework with unlimited enchanted bullet and therefore increasing our performance in dungeon tremendously!
    Ele title/olympus title, the behemoth/olympus pet (any that has +15/30 skill), unqiue aura/olympus aura. Not a lot of choice for top ava until rework, you can go musket/bowgun mastery or blazing bullet.

Yea burster bullet is kinda weak when used with APB because it only hits 3 times. I think you better off with swapping bullet hell set and using G-38ARG grenade (I'm guessing you're a physical spit). You can use basic training upgrade for musket spit if you have enough TP for it otherwise, just leave it as it doesn't make a big difference. It only adds to the basic shot, not the APB; but if you have Magic Catalysm, your basic shot may be as strong as the APB before bullet hell swap.
    You should definitely farm for Fire Grudge Bracelet even with water build. This bracelet is great while you are in the gearing process! It may feel like your damage output is increased by 200% with it xD. The other proc gear that you can use are Monster Insect Chitin's Slough belt and Ice Prism Ring (Juris ring is a good investment if you can afford it). Current light build has the best option for proc due to Gracia set and Stormy Steamroller.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  12. Ryoh

Are you using contract? I lack SP to get anything in G-38ARG reactive grenade, M-61 mine, neil, and I have G14 as my SP dump.

13. Sci Sci

IGN:
    oOSciOo
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Server:
    Cain
    I use contract but I'm a mspit so my skill build is different. It will be convenient if you can send me your current skill build so may be I can help relocate some SPs.

14. Raiban

So will there be any major build changes for physical spit after rework?

15. Zeske Ultimate Trashcan-on-Fire Tier

Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    Buster shot imo is pretty dead and inefficient to use without 9pc bullet hell, and even then its like, ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, without the full rolling block->LoR swap. If you're thinking about the one shot dream video, I wouldn't count on being able to do that. He was with a saint, witch and sb (pre rework before they nerfed their physical support ability through the floor). Don't take the basic training tp without the mana vortex pieces, it's a huge waste when you can be getting utility and skill damage elsewhere. XD Other than that, definitely seconding what Sci said :> If you have dotness auto, 10/10 recommend slapping it on spit, it's a physical proc (but a fair warning it kind of scales horribly, great for farming though).

Well most of the skills change after rework, if you haven't started already, would recommend going for stacking lvl 15 skills and grabbing a few blazing bullet items (they get changed to overcharge at rework, but dont get titles/plats) for that +10, and a 6pc extra clip set. From what I've seen, the gameplay changes to give us more burst and less of the setup-lull playstyle, rip danger close though....) :} Skill wise, the only REALLY major things that are different than what we have now is that pspits incorporate what is essentially napalm into their build along with grenades (we get grenade mastery, also they scale with percent instead if my information is right)

Also @Sci, congrats on your +15 you lucker ducker!!!!

16. Sci Sci

IGN:
    oOSciOo
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Server:
    Cain
    Magical and physical mspit will use almost the same skill build because all of our skills will have the ability to do both magical and physical damage. Basically, they are neutral by default and whichever damage type your character has the most will determine the skills' damage type. For example, if you have 10000 physical damage and 5000 magical damage, all of your skills will deal physical damage and vice versa. So deciding on playing mag/phys spit does not matter at this point! Most mspits in Kdnf are physical; I guess because pre rework, they all ran physical build with neil and armor-piercing bullet so they just kept investing in physical aspect and transitioned into full-fledged physical spit post rework~

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  17. TekuNesu ジェネラル

Guild:
    Savior/Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    Mhm. Afer rework, everything is full Physical or Magical depending on TP.

18. Vatar

Is it worth using nades over XXX in rotation as M.Spit outside of wanting to freeze with freeze nade or shock (if it does even a relevant amount of damage) with shock nade please?

19. Sci Sci

IGN:
    oOSciOo
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Server:
    Cain
    If your question is whether it's worth using those 2 nades for damage, I'm afraid the answer is no. Post rework nades are nice tho so do keep an eye on them when we receive our patch^^

• List
  20. TekuNesu ジェネラル

Guild:
    Savior/Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    No, nades dont do damage compared to FSpits and it wont be a part of your damage tool-kit. At this patch, Grenades are just used for CC and or helping with SB (If Magic MSpit) for Necromancy Saya.

• List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)