Spitfire General Discussion

Discussion in 'Spitfire' started by Phanir, May 21, 2014.

1. Phanir Phanny

IGN:
    Phanir
    Steam:
    Phanir
    Guild:
    DREBINS
    Server:
    Cain

Let's talk about XXX'ing to victory with fabulous bullets.

A few updates Global DFO possibly has to look forward to from KR:

And praise Neople for buffing Neil's damage with the recent revamp.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  2. Orbus

ooga booga where da musket mastery at

Flash mine at some point also gets changed to have a stock like the grenades, count of three, except with no cooldown in between each mine drop.
    So you can chuck a freeze grenade on an enemy, walk up to them and quickly plop three mines on their soon to be corpse.
    Or even if it doesn't kill them, its three flash mines. Its gonna stun them.

Oh yeah, you can also manually detonate them after that change.

Also looking forward to the change that consolidates bullet booster and cartridge expansion into one skill, because it also gives a big increase on the bullet loads, including armor piercing bullet which ups its count to 58, 60 for the rest.
    I love armor piercing bullet after that change, unfortunately that one is quite a long ways off.

3. Phanir Phanny

IGN:
    Phanir
    Steam:
    Phanir
    Guild:
    DREBINS
    Server:
    Cain
    Early leveling became fun for me with that Flash Mine revamp. Also helps that I didn't remake my Spitfire after DFO's closure until the metastasis update in kDnF... dat new content.

All these Spitfire changes are delicious. Bullet Mastery is going to remain my favorite, though.

4. Ring Castlevania Feg

IGN:
    Ring/Juan(Juan Puns)
    Guild:
    Communism/Anima
    Server:
    Cain

Made a cannon spitfire for funsies on dnf few months back.(saw an int str +0 nugol muzzle and I was like lol whynot)

I really love those flashmines so much lol and also the awakening changes. Cant wait to get those here. And musket mastery is awesome too.

5. Phenyl

Oh god could you imagine a female spitfire with handcannons? Flying around forever with grenades flying out all over. I must try this.

That was pretty decent. But with the masteries I'm sure there'll be a reason to stick with crossbows or muskets. I can't wait for dat musket mastery yeeeeeeeeeeee

6. Azrael Frozen Tyrant

Very clean run Ring, looks like you had fun.

(Also, it's been forever and I forget.... Is that the normal music for iron scale?)

7. MHRob Maverick Hunter

Nope. I believe he's replaced most, if not all the tracks in the music folder with custom music.

Here's the iron scale one, if you're still curious.

Also, very much looking forward to the spit fire changes to come to DFO as well. I had a nice taste of those changes via Cdnf and they are a welcome change indeed.

8. TekuNesu ジェネラル

Guild:
    Savior/Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    Yep, Iron Scale used pirate.ogg, Ring had a custom one.
    Along with the Spit Changes, he's more inclined to be a jack-of-trade than being a Magic or Physical Spit, god bless you Neople

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  9. Azrael Frozen Tyrant

Ah, cool thanks. I was gonna say his music sounded very castlevania-esque

10. Kanery それは俺だ!!!

11. TekuNesu ジェネラル

Guild:
    Savior/Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    I want that chicken avatar more than the equipment set. :mgunner: Also at 0:45, did Buster shot had a suction effect or was it the pet?

12. KShrike

I'm drawing a blank, but does that benefit Physical much? Like, is physical napalm a thing?
    Not that we really needed it IIRC....

13. Orbus

I don't recall something like that, but really if you're using a musket after the update that adds musket mastery it hardly matters as muskets have both good physical and magic attack.
    That's kind of the point.
    So you can use both physical and magic attacks effectively.
    Something about it being a hybrid damage class.

Unless you're trying to stack just int or str and want to superpower all your skills by making them all convertable.
    But... why would you be playing a spitfire then?

14. KShrike

I mean, hybrid doesn't outclass the cannon physical or the bowgun/autogun magical, does it?
    It's just another build, right?
    Another build I'm excited for, but another build nonetheless?

15. Orbus

Well considering that specializing in either physical or magic leaves half your skills worthless damage wise, when musket mastery comes and enables one to do both very well, yes I would say that a hybrid build would outclass a cannon or autogun build.

In the games current update however I can't deny it, one or the other trumps a hybrid build right now.

That and muskets sucking in general is probably why they add musket mastery in the first place.
    Then later on bowgun mastery so people will finally stop using autoguns since they're objectively better than bowguns when bowguns are clearly meant to be the other spitfire weapon.

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  16. it was the pet that caused the suction

there is no way to make napalm physical. there is also no magic neil. it only lasted in test and then people got upset so it never happened

17. Phanir Phanny

IGN:
    Phanir
    Steam:
    Phanir
    Guild:
    DREBINS
    Server:
    Cain
    Explains why I can't find anything about it regarding live updates; it never went that far. Removed that bit from the OP to stop anymore confusion.

18. Lil Puddin Duke of Diabeetus

IGN:
    ALOT
    OK... So I need help with two things.

1) A build to use because I have no idea what to even touch on a spitfire anymore.

2) A name. I have Ranulf and Razek reserved, but IDK which I should use if I should use any of them. Females are so much easier to pick names for. :C

19. TekuNesu ジェネラル

Guild:
    Savior/Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    What kind of Build are you planing first though? XXX oriented Spits act way differently than Physical Spits in terms of gameplay and such.

20. Lil Puddin Duke of Diabeetus

IGN:
    ALOT
    idk I thought their phys damage was fixed and magic was % so it could be both ways? Which way is better for someone who barely touched them? I got one up to 30 using the x spam but didn't get much further because of the shut down. I really like the grenade spamming and x spam isn't so hard. The one thing I do hate is the mgunner's weird range when shooting. The female seems to be better. But the whole point is so I can have at least one male character to play. Currently my line up is Rogue, Necro, Battlemage, Franger, and Elementalist. I need some pixelated testosterone in my life.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)