Spell Rotations: ReMastered

Discussion in 'Elemental Bomber' started by DevilSword, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Update: 7/24/2016
    • Redid spell rotations. Took out Dark Zone/Flame Circle, added in Darkness Mantle and Elemental Strike. New Sets added
    These rotations and skill builds are aimed towards Anton Normals (and theoretically Anton Raid).

Rotation Tweak: No more Dark Zone or Flame Circle in rotations mainly because if you use Darkness Mantle none of the skills will hit it as it pulls monsters out of their range. Added in Elemental Strike for another hard hitting, but high cooldown spell. Darkness Mantle pulls mobs into the Elemental Rain sweetspot so it is in all the rotations.

Equipment Used (Fixed Variables): +10 Ordinary Shining Intelligence, Mind Stimulant, Ninja 10% Smash title, Petit Oblivion (because it's cuter than Petit Argos), +8 Amped and Natram enchanted Disease-spreading Hardened Heart, Full Swap Set (Scream of Split Mana, 6 piece Mage's Ultimate Elemental, Mana Burst Tainted/Cracked Chrons, Ista Top, Ghost Train Pants)

Sets Used (Experimental Variables): 9 piece Lightning Storm Abyss, 9 piece Elemental Ball Expansion, 6 piece Mage's Ultimate Elemental + 3 piece Gigantic Presence (Bulky Configuration), 6 piece Gracia + 3 piece Gigantic Presence

SP Build for LSA, Gracia, MUE, EBE (Elemental Strike) Version
    SpellRotationESSPSkill.jpg

TP Build
    • LSA & Gracia
    • SpellRotationLSAGraTP.jpg
    • MUE
    • SpellRotationMUETP.jpg
    • EBE Elemental Strike (ES) Version
    • SpellRotationEBEESTP.jpg
    SP Build for Elemental Ball Expansion (Normal/Elemental Cannon Version)
    SpellRotationEBESP.jpg

TP Build for EBE Normal/EC Version
    SpellRotationEBETP.jpg

5 Seconds Rotation (> means to cancel into. * means spell canceling broken)
    For All Sets: Infernal Road (IR) > Darkness Mantle (DM) > Elemental Field (EF) > Chain Lightning (CL) > Lightning Wall (LW) > Elemental Rain (ERain)*

LSA:

MUE:

EBE:

Gracia:

Damage Analysis Summary of the Videos:
    Final5Comparison.jpg

Summary for 5 seconds rotation: LSA < MUE < EBE have small differences. This is expected as LSA burst isn't very good. Gracia much higher than the chrons.

10 Second Rotations (2 different ones taking into account Elemental Strike's long cooldown)
    • With Elemental Cannon
      • LSA: IR > DM > EF > CL > LW> ERain*, Crystal Storm (CS) > Elemental Cannon (EC) > IR > RF > CL > Convergence Cannon* (ConCan)
      • MUE: IR > DM > EF > CL > LW> ERain*, CS > IR > RF > EC > Crystal Crash (CrCr) > ConCan*
      • EBE: IR > DM > EF > CL > LW> ERain*, CS > RF [Full]*, IR > EC > RF > ConCan*
      • Gracia: IR > DM > EF > CL > LW> ERain*, CS > IR > RF > EC > CrCr > ConCan*
    • With Elemental Strike
      • LSA: IR > DM > EF > CL > LW> ERain*, CS > Elemental Strike (ES) > IR > RF > CL > ConCan*
      • MUE: IR > DM > EF > CL > LW> ERain*, CS > IR > RF > ES > ConCan*
      • EBE: IR > DM > EF > CL > LW> ERain*, CS > RF [Full]*, IR > ES > RF > ConCan*
      • Gracia: IR > DM > EF > CL > LW> ERain*, CS > IR > RF > ES > ConCan*
    LSA with Elemental Cannon:

LSA with Elemental Strike:

MUE with Elemental Cannon:

MUE with Elemental Strike:

EBE with Elemental Cannon:

EBE with Elemental Strike:

Gracia with Elemental Cannon:

Gracia with Elemental Strike:

I didn't do any rotations with 1st and 2nd awakenings this time. However, the best place to use them is after Crystal Storm in the rotations. It'll look something like this: IR > DM > EF > CL > LW > ERain*, CS > 1st or 2nd awakening

Damage Analysis Summary for Videos:
    • With Elemental Cannon
    • Final10ECComparison.jpg
    • With Elemental Strike
    • Final10ESComparison.jpg
    Summary for 10 Seconds Rotation:
    • 2 different SP versions for EBE mainly depending on your party composition in Anton. If you have an Ele or Asura or anyone else with good displacement skills to do the gimmicks you can go with the slightly more damage route. Otherwise you'll be doing it in the Normal/EC setup with Darkness Mantle (to move zombies, to gather the Twins, Agnes' double clones).
    • 2 different skills EC vs ES mainly because Elemental Strike will not be up all the time for each miniboss/boss (especially in Cutting off the Energy). For EC version: MUE < EBE (Normal build) = LSA < Gracia. For ES Version: MUE = EBE (ES build) < LSA < Gracia. For the chrons the differences between the 3 are small (~1mil difference). The bigger gap is them compared to Gracia (3mil+ difference).
    My Final thoughts:
    The Korean Ranking for Anton Raid Sets goes something like this:
    B-Rank: LSA
    A-Rank: MUE + Gigantic
    S-Rank: Gracia + Gigantic
    SS-Rank and above: DG + Rabi Rod (this is before latest epic rebalance)

My personal ranking would be:
    B-Rank: MUE < LSA = EBE
    A-Rank to S-Rank: Gracia + Gigantic
    SS-Rank and above: DG + Rabi

*MAJOR NOTE*: The Damage Analysis doesn't record the Light explosions (of about 400k) of Gracia set, so its damage should be even MORE than in the screenshots.

Because the damage differences between the 3 main chron sets is very small I put them all in the same rank. MUE depends heavily on Elemental Rain and Elemental Strike which have high enough cooldowns that won't be up for back to back bosses [Cutting off the Energy]. So, you'll have to use ES early in the dungeon so it'll be up for the Final Boss of each dungeon. At least LSA and EBE have hard hitting short cooldown spells (CL/LSA. RF/EC) so they can afford to use them in more boss fights.

For utility, EBE (Normal) has the best for Anton. All the sets can move zombies, do the worm jump (see video below), and pull in Agnes' double clones. However, EBE has the easiest time doing all that AND can pull in the Twins in Cutting off the Energy. You sacrifice about 1.5 mil damage on your 10 second rotation though. Bonus to EBE being the best chronicle "screw you Tog (Normal)" damage due to Rapid Fire being special for his resistances. Gracia light explosions do ~400k, its additional light damage does 1.

This is why I have 1 point into Leap.

EBE has it easy, you just jump (no Leap required), Elemental Cannon, Rapid Fire, RF, EC, etc. until the worm is done charging (3 charges). Fall down, avoid sigil, lure worm to dead turtle.

Hello all, with Anton normal quickly approaching us, it's time to fine tune our spell rotation in order to dish out the most damage in a 5 to 10 seconds window. From what I understand, the Anton Bosses are immune to damage until a gimmick phase is over and then they become vulnerable for 5 seconds, which can be extended up to 10 seconds with super holds (particularly by Nemesis). This is what I've come up with, and I'm hoping more of you EBs out there will post your spell rotations (with some screenshots and/or videos of your results). This is without any consumables. Now that I think about it, the Mind Stimulant might change up the 10 seconds rotation a little and will require further testing after Anton Normal comes out.

Note: I would be most interested in people's results with Shining Intelligence weapon or Liberation weapon due to the fluctuations on the Wizard Staff.

Here's the rotation I used for 5 seconds window: Infernal Road -> Crystal Storm -> Elemental Field -> Chain Lightning -> Lightning Wall -> Elemental Rain.

Here's a sample screenshot (tried to aim for the highest damage possible on the key spells: Chain Lightning and Lightning Wall).
    LSA5SecondsComparison.jpg
    Minimum was calculated based on the lowest damage I've seen when doing testing (basically non-crits) [Minimum for Chain Lightning was ~3m and Lightning Wall was ~3.5m for the +10 Pink weapon, and CL and LW minimum were both ~9m]. Maximum was based on the highest damage I've seen when testing on major skills. I just used the noted damage for Infernal Road and Crystal Storm since they were fodder skills [These screenshots reflect the most damage I've seen with the key skills]. Note of interest, the Wizard Staff version of Elemental Rain was the lowest of my test runs, with the highest I've seen ~7.7mil and the +10 pink weapon's lowest E-Rain I've seen was ~2m. This is the reason why I usually leave out Wizard Staff out of testing because what was a ~5.1m damage range gap becomes a ~13.4m damage gap.

All 10 second rotations is built off of the 5 second rotation. I tried 3 rotations (I'll post the screenshots of the 3 rotations results in 1 big screenshot):

Rotation with No Awakening Actives: Infernal Road -> Crystal Storm -> Elemental Field -> Chain Lightning -> Lightning Wall -> Elemental Rain,* Rapid Fire -> Flame Circle -> Infernal Road -> Crystal Crash -> Rapid Fire -> Chain Lightning -> Convergence Cannon

*Spell canceling gets broken here due to the nature of E-Rain

Rotation with 1st Awakening Active: Infernal Road -> Crystal Storm -> Elemental Field -> Chain Lightning -> Lightning Wall -> Elemental Rain,* Flame Circle -> Rapid Fire -> Elemental Buster [I switched FC and RF around due to how I have to manual EBuster in and the longer time frame on Rapid Fire makes it easier to cancel into EBuster and I couldn't on the shortness of Flame Circle. If you have EBuster on your skill hotbar, then go ahead with Rapid Fire -> Flame Circle -> EBuster]

Rotation with 2nd Awakening Active: Infernal Road -> Crystal Storm -> Elemental Field -> Chain Lightning -> Lightning Wall -> Elemental Rain,* Rapid Fire -> Flame Circle -> Armageddon Strike

Comparison of the 3 Rotations
    LSA10SecondsAllComparisons.jpg

Similar to what I said before hand on how I calculated minimums and maximums. Note of interest is the maximums of the No Awakening rotation vs the 1st Awakening Rotation. From the +10 Pink staff, it seems that the 1st Awakening should have the higher maximum in the Wizard Staff compared to the No Awakening, but somehow Wizard staff is a wizard and didn't follow the predicted pattern (or I just couldn't see the real maximum from all my testings [tough to get both wizard int and m.atk buffs on at the right time in the rotation I suppose]). The worst of the 3 is actually incorporating our LVL 3 Armageddon Strike in the rotation. This is because if either or both of the Wizard staff buffs proc right when the spell begins, it wears off by the time of the final hit.

Conclusion:
    Use the 10 second rotation with No Awakening for all the major bosses except for the final boss in the first vulnerable window. Use the 10 second rotation with 1st Awakening in the first vulnerable window for the final boss. Be wary of using the 10 second rotation with No Awakening since that contains Convergence Cannon and some party members would hate you for pushing bosses away (especially Mateka is what I recall). The 2nd window of vulnerability (if the boss is still alive), use the 10 second rotation with No Awakening BUT your Convergence Cannon and/or Elemental Rain might still be on cooldown. I guess if you want that swag, go ahead and use the 10 second rotation with 2nd Awakening.

Here's my 5 second rotation: Infernal Road -> Darkness Mantle -> Elemental Field -> Elemental Cannon -> Flame Circle -> Elemental Rain

I noticed that if the boss gets dragged into Darkness Mantle (I don't know which boss is affected until Anton Normal comes) your Flame Circle will miss if you use it after Elemental Cannon, so just switch it with Elemental Cannon in the rotation:
    Infernal Road -> Darkness Mantle -> Elemental Field -> Flame Circle -> Elemental Cannon -> Elemental Rain,*

I'll look into this rotation some more after Anton Normal comes out.

Here's a sample screenshot (tried to aim for the highest damage possible on the key spell: Elemental Rain)
    EBE5SecondsComparison.jpg
    For reference, the minimums of Elemental Rain I saw are ~6.5m and ~15m for pink and Wizard staff respectively and maximums are ~9.9m and ~22m respectively (I may have seen a ~23m ERain but since I was doing a bunch of testing I couldn't remember which test session it was from so I ruled that out). Elemental Rain has a huge range of damage since this set gives us 60 small orbs/lasers instead of 40. This set shines with max or near max crit. Once again Wizard Staff widens the damage range gap from ~5.5m to ~10.9m.

All 10 second rotations is built off of the 5 second rotation. I tried 3 rotations (I'll post the screenshots of the 3 rotations results in 1 big screenshot):

Rotation with No Awakening Actives: Infernal Road -> Darkness Mantle -> Elemental Field -> Elemental Cannon -> Flame Circle -> Elemental Rain,* Chain Lightning -> Rapid Fire -> Infernal Road -> Convergence Cannon,* Crystal Storm -> Rapid Fire

*Spell canceling gets broken due to the nature of the spells

Rotation with 1st Awakening Active: Infernal Road -> Darkness Mantle -> Elemental Field -> Elemental Cannon -> Flame Circle -> Elemental Rain,*
    Chain Lightning -> Rapid Fire -> Elemental Buster

*Spell canceling gets broken due to the nature of the spell

Rotation with 2nd Awakening Active: Infernal Road -> Darkness Mantle -> Elemental Field -> Elemental Cannon -> Flame Circle -> Elemental Rain,* Rapid Fire -> Armageddon Strike

*Spell canceling gets broken due to the nature of the spell

Comparison of the 3 Rotations
    EBE10SecondsAllComparisons.jpg

Similar to what I said before hand on how I calculated minimums and maximums. There isn't anything surprising as the +10 pink weapon gave an expected result for Wizard Staff (unlike the LSA version). Once again, Elemental Rain is your wildcard since it has 60 small orbs and the final large orb and if all crit it can do a lot of damage. Once again this set shines with max or near max crit. The most important part is hoping the Wizard Staff's 2 buffs are active during all of Elemental Rain for mega damage. Armageddon Strike is the weakest of the 3 rotations due to if either or both of the Wizard Staff buffs proc in the beginning, it'll wear off by the time of the final hit of AStrike (which is where the majority of that skill's damage).

Conclusion:
    The majority of this set's damage comes from Elemental Rain (and Darkness Mantle sets you up for that), but Elemental Rain itself has a decent amount of damage fluctuation, so it best shines with max or near max crit. Since the 10 Seconds Rotation with 1st Awakening is our best of the 3, save that for the final boss and use the 10 Seconds Rotation with No Awakening for the rest of the bosses. Due note that party members won't like it if you push a boss (especially Mateka) with Convergence Cannon, that rotation will need to be tweaked (probably just skip and use E. Cannon in its place).

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  2. BJMeow

Nice info and compilations! Really informative.

I think it'll be really important to pre-cast 2nd awakening during invulnerable phases so the last hit lands when they become vulnerable and then you can start your rotation. It's a strong opener and allows opens up options. Of course, a lot of anton bosses require different mechanics so you might not be able to do this most of the time but on bosses that you can, it's very useful.

3. Good idea on using 2nd awakening to start the vulnerable phase. Some bosses have an easy way to figure out when they'll be vulnerable (cast bar above their head) and others are erratic. Once I'm more familiar with boss patterns I can start figuring out 2nd awakening timings.

Seeing how a lot of bosses can be dragged around by Darkness Mantle. Here's my current EBE rotation (no videos for now) that I'm testing: Infernal Road > Darkness Mantle > Elemental Field > Dark Zone > Crystal Storm > Elemental Rain,* [5 seconds rotation stops here] Chain Lightning > Rapid Fire (9-11 hits) > Infernal Road > Elemental Cannon > Lightning Wall > Rapid Fire (9-10 hits) > Convergence Cannon*. [10 seconds rotation end]

Replaced Flame Circle with Dark Zone. Bosses will get hit if they were close to you and then get dragged into the center of mantle. Seeing how a lot of bosses love to be in my face, Dark Zone front loads all that damage in one hit instead of 8+ spins on Flame Circle, which only about 4 will hit before the boss reaches the middle of mantle. This new rotation gives us plenty of time to do mostly full Rapid Fire hits (do spam the skill button for faster balls) instead of the old rotation (where I had to use half rapid fire for the 2nd one). It also moves Convergence Cannon last so you can kind of push the boss out of your face or choose to skip/replace it with something else for certain bosses like Atol.

EBE rotation for Atol (no Darkness Mantle, no Convergence Cannon): Infernal Road > Crystal Storm > Elemental Field > Dark Zone > Elemental Rain,* Chain Lightning > Rapid Fire > Infernal Road > Elemental Cannon (if you do not have the mark) otherwise use Rapid Fire> Lightning Wall > Rapid Fire > Crystal Storm. This chain can be broken at anytime seeing how you might be moving to stay out of the lava, just remember you can cancel Rapid Fire anytime with your jump button. In that case focus on short chains (after you use Elemental Rain), like Filler > Rapid Fire > Elemental Cannon or Filler > Elemental Cannon > Filler > Rapid Fire with Filler being IR, CS, CL, LW, or DZ, whichever is off cooldown. If you're desperate for a filler to use and they're all on cooldown, go ahead and use Crystal Crash.

All of this is tentative as I'm learning each boss fight and seeing what works and what doesn't.

4. The Winged Professor だが断る!

You can use Elemental Cannon even with the mark on Atol if you hold forward so you don't get knocked back as far.

5. Vex

So how does all of our buffs deal with snap shotting? Is everything snapshotted? Is it only worth swapping levels of mana burst? I know it is mostly unrelated, but semi-related in terms of maximizing dmg. Currently I have just have a halidum rod for that.

Do you swap for any skills? EBE doesn't have anything that sticks, right? I'm mostly just curious about if there are any neat features that I probably missed because I haven't ever really cared to check, but I'm kinda curious now that I started thinking about swapping for E-Field, wondering if the DMG increase from the extra -resist would actually sometimes equal more burst from the dmg of the skill itself... or in what cases that would actually be worth it in terms of party/which mobs/etc.

And what about Elemental Shield? The passive, not the buff. Because that activates with EShift.... TBH I honestly don't even know if that passive works with dark gothic or not, I just always assumed that but I should check that as well.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  6. Elemental Shield (the buff) and Elemental Shift do not snapshot. Only Mana Burst snapshots (not that I ever bothered to try Ghost Flame). Each level of E-Field gives a -2 to resistances which is like a 1% damage increase. Elemental Shield (the passive) stays at 10 elemental resistances (even when it's level 4). Since swapping is a pain, I usually just worry about Mana Burst and Armageddeon Strike (if we ever get the 2nd awakening choice for avatar tops).

7. Vex

Oh yes, I forgot about the passive not leveling with points. I went and tested though the 10Ele resist does add to dark gothic, but that is a shame that you can't get the bonus while in dark modo.

Also... out of curiosity after you mentioned that... I checked and yes, Ghost Flame does indeed snapshot... :mmage: Now if only they could make the skill useful. but I hear the entire MM base class is getting reworked along with our 2 new little brothers this summer. I'm assuming that is going to mean some big changes again to both eb and gm as well.

One thing that disappointed me with the Ebomber changes is when they reworked E Shield is they gave us no incentive to switch between the elements anymore outside of dmg maximizing against certain elements. They also just kind neutralized most of the differences between EShift on top of that too. I remember back when dark pierced... that was kinda the shiz, yo.

I could see the E-Field maybe being worth swapping for in anton or something if you a full party because that would be like a 2% increase for your entire party for 15 seconds. I probably would never bother unless I get that spear. Even then I honestly probably wouldn't bother most of the time but I bet there are some koreans/chinese out there go full out with that.

8. The Winged Professor だが断る!

I can see why you'd want to do that, but if you want to go party buff/utility route having a Marbas pet would be cheaper and more efficient.

Also, we're not getting 2nd Awakening skills on rare avatars any time soon. I sent a ticket to Neople when AIO hit asking about that and the answer was no. Kind of sucks because you're forced to use Petite Oblivion for swap.

9. Once you equip the spear for 2 more levels of Elemental Field, your own damage drops drastically for 10 seconds out of the 15 seconds because of the cooldown on equipment switching. I think wearing pieces (or full set) of the Elemental Dropper set is a better idea if you plan on being a elemental resist debuffer for your party.

10. 0blivion

Can I ask you which skill should I pick for my top avatar and platinum emblems? I use 9pc Lightning Storm Abyss Set. Some people told me Chain Lightning, but I think Mana Burst would benefit more after I checked the skill growth. And I'm not planning to swap avatars.

11. The Winged Professor だが断る!

If you're not planning to swap then Mana Burst. If you were, both.

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  12. 0blivion

Thank you so much for answering.

13. Updated with 2 new sets, new rotations.

14. The Winged Professor だが断る!

Gracia explosions ignore def like the Nature Guardian procs. They definitely do not do 1 damage on Tog. For me, against neutral Tog they do 407k damage. Since I use Ray Decrease as my off slot, I switch to NG shoulder + Gracia and that does pretty well against Tog without having to worry about the gimmick.

The 1 damage you're seeing is the additional light ele.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  15. Oh yeah, I got them mixed up. Just went to training and saw the light explosion (hard to tell when it procs with all the stuff we throw at monsters). Yeah, it procs at 407k for me. Will edit that. Thank you!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)