Soul Bender General Discussion

Discussion in 'Soul Bender' started by Reyak, May 20, 2014.

1. Caskit

I understand bender damage isn't great now, and I'm planning to just continue raiding as support for now, just wondering what legendaries i could buy/chrons i could farm to get the most damage after rework. Will run hells for more DG pieces, but can't rely on that too much.

2. Lethologica real class never

In terms of legends you can buy / farm, you can always buy Ominous Bat Pants, Dead Captain Bone Breastplate, absolute field etc. I think you can possibly wear tact belt and if you have enough shadow res, goth top could work.

3. Cai FeelsEleMan

what TPs do you use for 30/6

4. Ralexinor I'm allergic to stupidity.

max kazan, kalla, 1 level in phant, rest can go wherever. Typically most people use tombstone and phantom sword slash, but if you have mbrawler etc. in party you can max bremen tp.

5. NERVNQSR

Other than dead captain's, giant bat pants, absolute field, blooming black smoke, and keiga swap gear, what are some other go-to items for new sb? I have minuscule knowledge of all the legendaries in this game.

6. 흐켱의소울

IGN:
    흐켱의소울
    Guild:
    A-team
    After bremen can be cancelled during attack skill... No one invests bremen tp even for speed issue..

7. Lethologica real class never

You can farm Gigantic Pressure for your accessories and grab a shadow element magic stone i guess. At this point you're going start looking at epics

8. An epic needed for sell party or a certain piink. Isbei

Sell bender cheapest? Cheap at all?

9. Ralexinor I'm allergic to stupidity.

wat

If you play soul bender because it's a "cheap" and "easy" way to get into sell parties, then you can fuck right off. SB is often scorned because it's "easy" to gear and "play" compared to a DPS class or a sader, and if you're looking to go that route, I'm not going to help you. This mentality is why there are so many bad SBs in the game, because they think they can get away with "easy gearing" and "drop circles and afk" sort of mentality.

For the rest of the SBs who ARE serious about the class, here's a bit of information of the levels of gear etc. you need for different sell party tiers.

For one, it honestly depends on your role and the rest of your sell. Here are the typical setups for SB and the levels of sell party that it is possible to participate in currently. This will likely change when reworks hit.

30/6:
    Bare minimum - level 30 bremen, 6pc unholy
    Recommended - aura items to fill the other slots (Tactical Belt, Darkness Low Sash etc.), Marbas

Tombstone of Oblivion 9pc:
    Bare Minimum - 9pc ToO, level 17 Tombstone Triangle
    Recommended - Level 20 Tombstone Triangle, aura items to swap to

Blade Soul 9pc/Tog Kill setup:
    Bare Minimum - 9pc Blade Soul, Epic Weapon (Liberation is passable but often not good enough)
    Mid-tier - 6pc Possessed Flame/tainteds/core epics
    High tier - Dark Gothic

Dark Gothic:
    self explanatory, high tier only

With 30/6 only, while it is *possible* to participate in a sell party with high skill level, most sells won't take you because there's easily better candidates.
    With 30/6 and ToO setup, you can participate in a 7~ man sell party depending on your DPS. This is the absolute BARE minimum, and without a tog kill setup a lot of parties may not take you.
    With 30/6, ToO and a good Blade Soul/Tog Kill setup, you can hit the 6 man sell tier. In fact, it IS possible to participate in 4-man, but this puts a lot of pressure on your DPS, and is highly unlikely you'd be taken because the level of gear your DPS needs is quite high, and is overall unoptimal, especially when it's far easier to take a Dark Gothic SB instead. On top of this, 4-man in DFOG is actually quite risky because of connection issues and UNIQUE EXPERIENCE bugs.
    With an OPTIMISED Dark Gothic setup, you can pretty much participate in 4-5 man sells or less with enough skill. This also does vary slightly, because of the different roles and setups these sells in particular can use. Most notably, in a 4-man setup, for both phases you can use either a 1/1/2 or 2/2 build - that is; 2/2 = duo naval + double battleground, duo leg + smoke; 1/1/2 = solo naval, solo double battleground, duo leg + smoke. For 1/1/2, the level of gear and skill you need actually is a lot higher than 2/2, because you now have to rely on your OWN skill and dps (the latter of which SB lacks atm), rather than just being a subdps/debuffer/holder role which is what you are in 2/2. I say this from experience, as my SB's current sell uses 1/1/2 build for phase 1, and 2/2 for phase 2. His role in phase 1 is duo smoke at opening -> solo naval, and duo energy + volcano in phase 2. While it is possible for a SB to take the double bg role, it also requires a lot more gear than otherwise.

While it is likely possible to participate in a 3-man sell currently, it's actually more difficult to find 2 other people who are at 3-man level, because while phase 1 is relatively easy (solo naval+double bg, duo leg+smoke), phase 2 is the part where things get tricky. You have 2 main builds for phase 2, 1/1/1 or 1/2; 1/1/1 = solo energy, solo infested+hatchery, solo volcano and 1/2 is solo energy+infested, duo volcano. While duo volcano is relatively easy, doing solo energy+infested or solo energy/solo infested+hatchery is actually not an easy role; finding people in DFOG capable of that is very very difficult, if not currently impossible. When 90 cap/reworks hit, this should be possible, but not right now.

• Idol Idol x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    • List
  10. terrortot4287

IGN:
    Main: Tiddleywinks
    Guild:
    Protogenesis
    Server:
    Cain
    What are go-to offslots for Bremen-benders? I currently have 28 Bremen, could pump it up to 29 with Halidom: Wool Coat of Lat. In terms of gear, I currently have an Int-amped ARBS (looking to replace it with Unsung; broke as shit though), Sea God pants, King's Book of Secret - Soul Reaper, High Tech Slayer Ring, and an 80 Halidom Cloth coat (that I was going to replace with a Wool Coat of Lat); everything else is Unholy Dominion.

Aside from that, I have a Petit Dark Lord and a Top Clone giving +1 to Bremen - all of my clones are Advanced, I have no Rares (and can't afford any from AH), and I don't have a skill boosting title. I wanted to pick one up during the Wonderland Sale, but I can't afford a Bremen title off of AH or peddlers in global chat, and I didn't have any spare cash on hand at the time. I'm pretty sure if I (somehow) got an Unsung Warrior's Tachi I could get up to 30, but I feel like the rest of my gear is slacking pretty hard. I am, however, in the process of building out Blade Soul 9pc and poverty-tier Keiga swap set right now; would I be viable in a PUG Anton or Guild raid, barring sell parties?

11. Lethologica real class never

For what you have, it is good enough to run raid. Not sure why your ARBS is int amped though...

12. Jianshi

IGN:
    CirclePlacer
    Guild:
    Dream
    Pretty much any auras are a boon to Bremen setting. Naturally epics auras/debuff equips have the edge but these are some good BUYABLE support items you can acquire. Keep in mind that you shouldn't overload your setting with auras unless you already have level 30 Bremen.
    • Absolute Field
    • Ominous Bat Pants
    • Essence Heartneck Mask
    • Sorcerer's Sorcery Hoop
    • Watchman's Leader Ring
    • Militia Captain's Armband
    • Aphopis Eye
    These aren't all the strong auras that you can buy, just the ones off the top of my head. Lastly, even though the Korean raid meta has stated "28/6 SB gets into raid", remember that before all else, your skill with the class matters more than anything.

13. Ralexinor I'm allergic to stupidity.

30/6 is perfectly fine for pubs or statics. You only start needing ToO and Blade Soul once you get to the level of sell parties.

I would recommend saving up for a skill boost title, or at least go for +2/3 Afterimage of Keiga. Unsung is a good choice too, but you can get that anytime.

Vilmark armor pieces and the other items Jianshi mentioned above are all good non-epic auras.

14. terrortot4287

IGN:
    Guild:
    Protogenesis
    Server:
    Cain
    Happened to get a Grimoire from an event, was expiring soon, all I had was my ARBS, figured I'd might as well. Is there a better stat to have amped, or is amping completely pointless on an ARBS to begin with?

15. Laande Third best girl

IGN:
    Ilynnit/Kriiha
    Guild:
    TGP/Ingenious
    It's because ARBS isn't going to give you shit for damage compared to other options.

16. Jianshi

IGN:
    CirclePlacer
    Guild:
    Dream
    The latter. You quickly come to realize that your damage is completely nonexistent in Bremen setting, and no amount of amping will change that.

17. terrortot4287

IGN:
    Guild:
    Protogenesis
    Server:
    Cain
    Ah, I figured so much. But again, I would've rather used my grimoire than let it expire.

I know that skill trumps gear, but aside from properly placing circles and Necromancy-ing as I should, what other "roles" do I fill? I mean, I know Bremen-benders are nearly 100% Support, but what exactly am I doing in-between circle placement and Necromancy? As I understand, Phantasmal with at 10SP and 1TP would be hold, Tombstone/Tombstone Triangle would be damage, and other ghosts and Blade Phantom would deal some chip damage, but "how" exactly would I go about this? Due to Bremen duration, I can't imagine that I could afford to swap out of it into another set (outside of BS for Tog), so I'm assuming that any and all damage has to be dealt in UD + whatever gear.

So, with that said, my guess was Bremen placing/replacing and Necromancy was top priority, followed by holding with Phantasmal/Zieg/Blade Phantom, and pitching in whatever damage I can with everything else. Am I correct, or am I overcomplicating things? Or, am I completely wrong with that mindset? Also, I completely understand that I am nowhere near dealer or sub-dealer level in this setup, but I'm curious as to what I'd be outside of Bremen casting.

18. Ralexinor I'm allergic to stupidity.

This is a somewhat difficult to answer question, simply because it's not something you can really put in words.

Half of skill is experience, and even if you have skill but no experience it's not really enough. You're on the right track, however, and your mindset is good. However, again, it's not something that's really explain-able, you have to experience it and learn by yourself in that regard. You are right about what's used for holds, but also keep in mind there's 2 main types of holds - hitstun holds and superholds. Tombstone and Blade Phantom are hitstun holds, while Phantasmal Slayer, Zieg's Encroach are considered superholds. In addition to those, you have Wave Wheel Slayer, Bloodlust and Freezes, which also fall into the hold category if the mobs can be grabbed/frozen. I recommend getting 1 level in WWS and Bloodlust (you need to pvp for the latter, but it's not hard). Freezes comes from Saya Necromancy and Crystals Saya. My best advice would still be to run Anton Normals (preferably with a duo partner) to learn the mechanics. Or if you're feeling up to it, you can try solo with Tombstone 6/3, but you need an epic weapon for that and a lot of patience.

I also recommend taking a look at Haunts' guide, as it has some valuable information that can help you: http://dfonexus.com/threads/gladlys-boosted-guide-to-being-a-raid-bender.13896/

Here are videos that can help you, though:

These are some of @Lethologica 's videos of Anton Normals duo with ele (shit class, by the way), and while they're old, they do show you some of the techniques (some of which have since been changed/refined since then) that SBs can use to help their DPS, and not just be a useless bremen sack. Support doesn't just mean "damage support", it also means "holding support", and that's the main thing a lot of people miss.

One more thing, please understand that you DON'T deal damage in a support setting. None. At. All. Whatever you put down is for holds/debuffs, not for damage. Even tombstone, yes.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  19. Lethologica real class never

Ralexedginator has some very good points. It's hard to give a general idea of what to do as Bender in words, it's easier to focus on a very specific situation and asks questions from there. Gladly wrote a semi raid guide for benders on this forum which you can read up on (if you can survive the memes). How about you give that a look and if you have any questions we will do our best to explain.

20. terrortot4287

IGN:
    Guild:
    Protogenesis
    Server:
    Cain
    Holy shit, thanks for all of that info! I'll look at the vids sometime later, and I glanced at the guide too, looks really helpful. I actually haven't started running Anton Normals yet, I've been doing OV to build out 9pc BS, 6/3 Tombstone, and 9pc ToO. I was also going to (at some point) run Vilmark for pieces after finishing off my 6/3 Tombstone, and keep BS and ToO somewhere in my safe for the future, if need be.

Going off-topic from Bremen-bending, how would I go about building a poverty-tier Keiga swap set in the meantime? From my knowledge, it's 6pc Possessed Flame, and whatever other pieces I can get my hands on to boost Keiga further. Already have 4 pieces of it, along with a bunch of clean, Tainted pieces and am loaded with auras of all colors.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)