Soul Bender General Discussion

Discussion in 'Soul Bender' started by Reyak, May 20, 2014.

1. Reyak

IGN:
    Niblo
    Guild:
    Brave

What's up, do you know?

2. Phanir Phanny

IGN:
    Phanir
    Steam:
    Phanir
    Guild:
    DREBINS
    Server:
    Cain
    [​IMG]

Poverty tier Soul Bender hype. If DFO returns, I'll probably remake this char for the third time and not suck. Funny how all my gear was on DFO, but all my playtime went to DnF...

Been loving all these buffs since second awakenings hit. Clearing rooms with Kazan and Bremen alone is entertaining.

also, hi, reyak, im NorneStiles if u remembrz

3. iHooDz Think about that

How to make people rage in pvp.
    Just stand in your circles and your little save zone.

4. Hakumen Dopeness

Guild:
    Anima
    Server:
    Cain
    Can't wait to reroll SB. Gotta get back to the same level of awesome I was when dfo closed.

5. Gear Smokin' Sick Style!

IGN:
    MechaGear
    Guild:
    Communism/YeOldeSauc
    Server:
    Cain
    Maybe this time I'll focus more on my sb this time. I never realized how great the class was until right before the game closed

6. Phenyl

I only got my uguuslayerman up to level 22 before the announcement came. So I quit right there and then. It wasn't that fun. What level does he become fun?

7. Azrael Frozen Tyrant

I started having much more fun around 30-35 if I recall. It's worth the investment of time!

8. Joequel

Soul Bender was my main in DFO. We had a lot of difficulties, like sky tower back in the 40 cap. Once I finally achieved level 40 and obtained Phantasmal Slayer, boy was it worth it. As I moved higher though, I slowly got less and less satisfied with the class. Kalla wasn't my taste, Whale had bugs and took way too much to set up, and lastly when we got our rework with our two new abilities to use during Ghost Step.. I couldn't stand the usage of the two.

Slowly I began to dislike my class and wanted something different.

I was wondering if anyone with KDNF knowledge could fill me in on a few things..

How is Soul Bender now?
    If he is solid, is it only because he has his 2nd awakening, while other classes do not?
    What is his 80 active.. (I think classes get an 80 active.. right?)

Was kind of disappointed to see the second awakening just be a summon.. perhaps I could get an experienced opinion on it though?

9. JonJonTheDon BOUGHT MY BITCH HER OWN CRIB, CALL THAT A DOGHOUSE

IGN:
    JonJon
    Guild:
    Migos
    Server:
    Cain
    From my knowledge they fuse those two skills into one ( triple stab and ghost whip? ) I think his 80 active is phantom blade, don't quote me on that but its like a bunch of ghost knights in a circle that slash people. And their other skill necromancer or necromancy let's you attach ghosts to people or yourself. SB are OP, but I don't want you to play them cause you'll just increase my item prices. :)

10. Raven Black Dingle

Yeah, definitely. Nothing feels better than dropping Saya tombstone combos. SB was my first char, I should remake one.

11. Joequel

That's interesting.. hmm may look more into it.

12. tails360 stationary launcher

75 passive makes Kazan/Bremen/Saya/Crystal Saya/Rhasa/Phantom Blade/Zieg last longer
    75 active Phantom Blade is like Rhasa with poison ticks but it slashes mobs inside the circle and hitstuns most of them
    80 active is ghost buff which got a buff so its aoe instead of buffing one at a time
    Zieg is pretty cool with how he syncs skills (aoe ghosts, Phantasmal, Tombstone, ghost whip, Kalla finisher)

old but still stronk

9pc Shadow Rage/Sheyd's Tear/80 pink kat (+2 Kalla, +30% Kalla finisher damage)

13. Phanir Phanny

IGN:
    Phanir
    Steam:
    Phanir
    Guild:
    DREBINS
    Server:
    Cain
    What the fu--

I'm really trying so hard to not start with a Bender again once (read as if) Global DFO launches, but KALLA FOR EVERYONE. Does Kalla still kill the party member using it, though? I remember posting a short clip on DFOs of me using Necromancy for Kalla and then Bremen on a Witch and then the dark flames attacking her every time she attacked until she inevitably died.

14. iHooDz Think about that

So this means we still stick to short swords for 2nd awakenings right?

15. Phanir Phanny

IGN:
    Phanir
    Steam:
    Phanir
    Guild:
    DREBINS
    Server:
    Cain
    You could, but the level 80 pink katana is just 2gud to pass up.

The notable stats being natural dark damage, dark damage increase (forgot the range; up to 11 I believe), and the aforementioned +2 Kalla, +30% Kalla damage bonus. The level 80 short sword is great for Saya abuse at least: extra damage on frozen targets, bonus level to both Sayas, and a hefty freeze level increase. I think it also had an AoE freeze proc when low on health or something.

Not sure if there's any 85 gear or epics to look out for. I'm out of the loop now and too lazy to login and check at the moment.

16. iHooDz Think about that

The katana does sound a lot better, just because that damage. I dunno much about past 70 cap, never played dnf, but wouldn't saya's freeze proc get out scaled by some of the enemies in the "time" dungeons where enemies are like level 100.

17. Phanir Phanny

IGN:
    Phanir
    Steam:
    Phanir
    Guild:
    DREBINS
    Server:
    Cain
    With Bremen and the ease of increasing freeze levels, I honestly wouldn't see that as a problem. Unfortunately, I've never run True Ancient Dungeons to be able to confirm that. 2poor

18. Syn

I remember my SB, I used to have moonlight slash maxed and everyone thought it was a useless skill
    any build for a PvE SB? I could use one, its been too long, I dont remember crap

19. Hiyuu You PC?

IGN:
    Kuroiel
    Guild:
    Communism
    Server:
    Cain
    Do I xxx with possession or is it useless?
    Can I get ghost slash cancel if I can xxx with possession?

20. Joequel

Is there anywhere I can see this or read about it?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)