sooo uhh, does she need a buff or what?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by TOL, Oct 16, 2015.

1. TOL

ok so is it just me or is the female ranger out right unplayable in late game PVE?
    squishy, not a single reliable CC, which means any boss with super armour (which is most of the late game bosses) can make the fight feel like a bloody horror game. gunblade and awakening spell is not even worth the mana cost. I mean seriously, why do i have less attack damage when i use gunblades? that and restricting me to 5 spells really makes the gunblade an "instantly nerf self" button
    the damage is mediocre, if you don't mind running up to people's faces and put your self at risk of being insta killed by some bull☆☆☆☆ unpredictable boss move that he casted in while being knocked up (looking at you admiral von turtleneck, or whatever his name was)
    maybe it's because i was spoiled by Blackwidow's perma-stun and her invincibility frames, but after putting the ranger's kit on paper, i can't see how she would work. i get that she's a skill based class, and that's fine, but at least give her some CC
    and fix the awakening spells (i say spells, because there are two now.)
    don't really need to buff gunblade's attack damage, but at least keep it the same so it doesn't feel like we've just switched out our epic +12 gun for a pair of garden hoses
    or better yet, give us back the old awakening and buff the damage in that. making gunblade a lv 40 no cost spell really is a bad move and makes it impossible to balance properly.
    anyways, tell me what you think, maybe i'm not the kind of person to play a mobility class, or maybe i'm just shit at the games in general.

2. endfield 140% Lazy

IGN:
    Rollette
    Server:
    Cain
  3. Shalako

Don't use Gunblade/Headshot.
    Your cc is a huge burst kick that stuns and knocks back.
    You have huge mobility, Windmill+Sonic Spike to gather groups, Bloody spike if you need it then Gun Dance into the gathered Mobs.
    Multi Headshot with TP has HUGE range and keeps in air mobs in the air.
    Use Ulti Multi Headshot when you need the CC.
    Rose is also a fairly damaging knock up (all your damage is from passive so don't put TP into Windmill/Rose)
    Moving Shot is a preference but Ranger really shines with reinforcement (My money dump class) and non-solo play imo.
    Make sure to have revenger to use vs Bosses then pop a super armor until your CD are up to knock them around.
    Windmill into Needle is huge damage for the Cooldown.
    @InterstellarGunslinger is a Way better F.ranger then me and i'm doing just fine SOLO time break, it's all about managing your Cooldowns/when to use skills/
    I thought the same as you until I learned to play ranger better.
    If super armor bosses are giving you trouble abuse your mobility, range and avoid them until your skills are up again.
    (I wrote this assuming you are ~ghent level since that's when I 1st ran into troubles cased by my skill and assumed you've done the same)

4. TOL

thanks for the tips.
    i know gunblades are utterly useless, but i see no reason to avoid head shot, it has decent damage and the cost is almost negligible
    the dungeon i have problems with is shrouded heiz, not because of the boss himself (since i have gunguard maxed just for him) but the bikers in the boss room, they knock you down all the time and are impossible to outrun, most annoying of all is that they cover up so much of the screen, everything turns into a clusterfuck.
    i remember i time when needle stunned much more often, or maybe i just remembered it wrong.

the awakening and gunblade still needs fixing though, i know that giving up spells is nothing rare in this game but come on, i spent time and money on awakening so i expect something to show for it.

5. TOL

that's good news, glad to know that the devs aren't ignoring obvious gameplay issues to focus on minor bugs like some other developer i know (digital extremes cough cough cough)

6. lrcpwjno Forever Brave

I think the real valuable thing you get out of awakening is Veiled Cut. It seems to be one of the best sources of damage we have; if you look at your damage analysis, it'll always be number 1 or 2. Like they said, gunblade is just bad now (it's technically not even an awakening skill and doesn't even take cubes), but the 1st awakening active (I'm guessing that's the other "awakening spell") Bloody Carnival is some good damage too. Dunno where you're getting that it's bad from. Maybe you need to mash the button for more multihits or something.

And yeah, I think Commodore Cannonhand's "Surprise! I'm getting up now!" slam-down move is pretty shitty too. I don't think Admiral von Beornan has anything weird except the teleporting punch that's super easy to avoid.

7. TOL

yeah veiled cut makes so much difference.
    bloody carnival isn't that good when you compare it to other classes' awakening spell (e.g bellatrix, hellcat, duelist) the mana cost is pretty damn high and the damage doesn't make up for it.
    admiral also has this weird unpredictable thing when he suddenly turns invincible and explodes in your face like an ISIS member playing FNAF. except it hurts tons more than cannonhand's (took out around 60% of my HP). i didn't mind it while leveling my black widow since he was basically stunned/trapped/needled/mounted during the whole fight.

8. Shalako

Ah, i'm not informed enough, Biyan has a reason somewhere in the ranger thread explaining why it's not worth (and why maxing X on a kick based class is good iircc) but if I remember it's because you should be casing Windmill-Needle for the Passive boost from canceling then doing something else instead of head shot (Long animation time and poor damage or something?) I don't use headshot at all and love it but of course preference and all.
    Gun guard seems strange to me but I'm not confident or arrogant enough to say if it's right or wrong.
    Grab support skills are good for situations like that, Junk Spin on the mobs isn't working for you?
    Are you powerleveling using Boat Grind?
    If you hold X on awaking you get more "Cuts" are you pressing V(I think) and canceling it early? It's a big multihit that knocks people up, maybe you think it's bad because of Boss I-Frames making you think it does less damage then it does?

9. Takashi Nen Gunner

IGN:
    Yaira
    Guild:
    Signify
    Server:
    Cain
    Somethings to take note of.
    -everything from Oceanic Express and upward the Bosses will have one special ability that actives after losing a certain amount of HP.
    Usually this has a cooldown of 30-60 seconds. Or reach another threshold of HP loss.

-Blood Carnival(Awakening Active Skill) shouldn't be as bad as your making it sound for yourself.
    As of right now my Awakening is at lv9 getting full hits comes to about 56,522% in damage.
    And don't forget it also applies Bleed for every hit. so you get a bleed stack of 24 for 4 seconds.
    I'd like to think that most 1st awakenings all average around 40k-60k% damage give or take a few special perks some awakening skill give.

If you don't mind could you share what your level is and what weapon/equipment you are using now. Also what difficulty you are doing dungeons on.

10. InterstellarGunslinger ☆ Super Star ☆

Someone needs help or something?
    @TOL If you aren't super gear up and want to deal with Beornan's IFrames just shoot him from afar with headshot/rising shot or whatever you use then you can awaken in his face right after. Another alternative is to sonic spike past him then use awakening after his IFrames. I just use my awakening straight up because I know I can 2 shot him in dragon road.

If you have any further problems with Franger feel free to consult me and I'll tell you how to make your life easier while playing Franger 70+

@Shalako I never said headshot was useless I just said Mrangers make better use of it than Frangers do. I still use head shot a lot and I ended up dropping ultimate multi head shot instead because I think it's a garbage skill ATM.

EDIT: Also the kicks themselves aren't doing the damage it's veiled cut's proc. The only kick TP worth raising is Needle Sobat for the stun level up. Don't waste TP raising topspin kick. About Bloody Carnival, you can double the amount of hits Bloody Carnival does if you hotkey it and double tap the hot key and the X button at the same time if you didn't know this by now it will make your life a lot easier during boss fights. For Example I hotkey Bloody Carnival to Q so I press Q to start the awakening then I just tap QXQXQXQX really fast for tons of extra hits.

Anyways if you guys need anything else just ask or something. IDK.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  11. Takashi Nen Gunner

IGN:
    Yaira
    Guild:
    Signify
    Server:
    Cain
    Needle Sobat TP only increases the Knockback. Unless this gets changed in a future patch I don't know about.

12. InterstellarGunslinger ☆ Super Star ☆

Oh you're right. I think I just wrote down the Nexon version instead.

13. TOL

shit i forgot about my junk spin.....
    gun guard for when he does that annoying full map dynamite thing and sometime shotgun, im clearing it after im done with the dungeon
    i know how the cutting thing works, but the mana cost just doesn't seem to be worth it, at least to me.
    or maybe it just doesn't feel as good as the old awakening, dunno.

14. TOL

thanks for the tips.
    one unrelated question tho.
    what does fastest gun actually do?
    i've been wondering every since my first F ranger in the nexon version (which wasn't as painful due to early levels being so easy), it doesn't seem to do anything apart from making my hand glow.

15. Hova Four paths - one destiny

Server:
    Cain
    Assuming it works like MRanger's, you draw your gun out slightly faster, get a bit of attack speed for the basic attack string, and you deal increased damage on the basic attack string too.

I know at some point her Fastest Gun gets changed to be exactly like Male's, so I don't know if it's actually the same as his right now.

16. InterstellarGunslinger ☆ Super Star ☆

Fastest Gun literally just makes your first shot from your xxx string cost mana. I barely see any difference when I tried using it. Only Mrangers use fastest gun because it gives them a boost from their Stylish passive.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)