Some starting help? On the road to dirty fightan.

Discussion in 'Brawler' started by Nrvnqsr, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Nrvnqsr The Shark-tooth Avenger of Cain!

IGN:
    Nrvnqsr
    Guild:
    In-Births
    Server:
    Cain
    Yes, hi, hello. I've recently started a M. Brawler, who is presently at level 28. I was hoping for some early-on advice to roll off, while the dungeons are still easy-modo, so that once I hit late-game, I won't go in with a panic attack or utter confusion. Any tips on skills to focus on, equipment to look out for, etc., etc., would be much appreciated.

....On the other hand, "Play a better subclass" would not be appreciated. Believe me. I've heard this sentence enough in my Dungeon Fighting career. Mostly seeking PvE advice. I wouldn't poke PvP with an un-nerfed needle barrage, because competition scares me. Many thanks for any helpful tidbits in advance!

2. Lil Puddin Duke of Diabeetus

IGN:
    ALOT
    The objective for Mbrawlers is to throw everything. So max all your throw items, max your passives, max your active buffs/debuffs. The sand kick skill is optional since it's not a traditional brawler throw skill, but I personally used it back in the olden days for filler. Ground Tackle/Explosive Hook/Mount are OK for damage, but don't go well with his "stay away from me pls so I can hit you with things" playstyle. Though they're far from useless, but some may argue (or maybe a lot) that certain things aren't worth the point investment. . . Though TBH I don't know the consensus on the non-throw junk since I was a throw junkie on Nexon's servers. It'd be nice if someone weighed in on those. :C

Being a status-oriented hybrid class really hurts your funding despite having base damage and status damage since end game junk goes "wut r status debuffs evn?" I would like to know if MBrawler gets a similar treatment to Battle Mage. Where stacking stats becomes easier because the other normalizes. Or if damage is chosen from the higher stat. I know 2nd Awakening MBrawler stuff is out there, I just haven't looked into it yet.

You still do great in PvP because status debuffs really hurt there still. Not to mention being a zoner with great reach/no need to approach/good combos for when you do get close/some approaches if you need to along with heavy armor makes you a top tier threat. You just have to be really good with dash combos and throwing combos on falling enemies. But in the end, you're still not a super top tier class like Asura, Elementalist, or any of those other ridiculously powered classes. (20k per charged lantern bomb xcus me r u srs?)

3. Nrvnqsr The Shark-tooth Avenger of Cain!

IGN:
    Nrvnqsr
    Guild:
    In-Births
    Server:
    Cain
    Thank you for your input! Thus far, I've been using Explosive Hook, and despite the very-much overlookable burn damage (1 Damage...really...unless I did something wrong in translation), the high power of it, in tandem with that bleed chance off Claw Mastery has been a godsend. (Claw Mastery in general has been. Tfw Str-Throw poison stacks with bleed <333) I also use Sand throw because I tend to use it as a follow up (stacked with double throw) for my Explosive Hook, because hey, a little extra damage never hurts anyone, yeah?

4. GaRgAnt

Explosive Hook is used for its ability to multiply rapidly in damage due to the bonus damage multiplier it gets per ailment, and the fact that the burn lasts 15 seconds. In other words, Explosive Hook synergizes with itself because of its low cooldown... and burn counting as a status ailment. It also factors into Raging Vulcan as one of your most reliable multiplier sources.

5. Hiyuu You PC?

IGN:
    Kuroiel
    Guild:
    Communism
    Server:
    Cain
    max raging vulcan, it's the true dirty fighting skill

6. VanillaRico Dirty brawler fighting?

IGN:
    PilotAerio
    Guild:
    Key
    Personally I love Sand Throw. The percentage values are great, and it's got a super low cool-down.
    I'm going to add another question to this thread:
    Currently reaching 80 with my Male Brawler. I've got a +10 Death Blade of Darkness, but my hands are shaking for me to hit +11.
    To what extent do Male Brawlers need highly reinforced weapons? I know that refinement is much more important, but I've heard that in later patches a lot of our kit gets turned to percentage.

7. GaRgAnt

Unless you really want to amp Mount Damage/want to use Intense Bomb to its fullest degree, reinforcement is not a priority. Refining is always going to be a higher priority, though this changes later on when we get the mine bat since it's entirely percentage.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)