Skirmisher Skill Build?

Discussion in 'Skirmisher' started by NGGenesis, Dec 18, 2016.

1. NGGenesis Meet my little friends... they're a blast!

IGN:
    Bulat
    Steam:
    NGGenesis
    Guild:
    New Generation
    Can someone help me build a general Skirmisher build around Imperious Challenger OV set?

2. Kiwi-poi

Oh cool, a fellow IC set comrade. I'll share my IC-centric build here, but take with a grain of salt that these are what the best setup is in my opinion.

Anyways, your general lancer cores would definitely be max aura lance, passives, rising lance (dat super-hold), and swirling spear (grouping mobs or just good quick multi-hit poke dps). Also, take at least 10 mesocyclone to put 1 point in the TP skill, the vacuum effect is great. Some skills are only for utility, you don't need more than 1 point for them to do the job, and these are hook throw (grab / reposition enemies), surround break (quick movement), paratrooper (positioning / quick descent from jump), chain wave lance (can grab super-armored enemies... most of them anyways), and mist flare (wide-ranged super hold, decent damage).

Your OV core must-max skills are vulcan (3x pew pew pew), sky piercer (IC set makes the range great, and the damage is quite respectable), crescent (also stronger with IC), and vital strike (strongest skill + 50% damage from 9pc = :speedfap:).

That's pretty much it. You still have lots of free SP after taking all these cores, so you can build whatever fits your favourite fighting style. Typical skirmisher faves to max are ground seeker, double punto, and quad-drive. Max punto, max axial storm, or max wave lance ranges from meh to decent to great depending on how often you use these skills, since they have average damage on their own, but have low CD so you can spam them in your combo.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  3. NGGenesis Meet my little friends... they're a blast!

IGN:
    Bulat
    Steam:
    NGGenesis
    Guild:
    New Generation
    So the Skirmisher is a relatively light on SP usage it seems then? If so that is good so I can mess around with some builds until I find something that feels smooth for me. Also is there and BnB combos to focus on using later on in the character?

4. Kiwi-poi

Maybe there's some kind of meta-build, but yes the typical build is up to the player's gears and style preferences. Combos also differ between players, and so I can't offer you the most definitive top-dps rotation. In my own skirmisher experience, there are about 4 BnB that chains together pretty well.
    * Punto -> Double punto -> Quad drive is definitely made for each other, even the 2nd awk passive supports this chain
    * Rising lance -> Rolling vulcan flows really well. You'll need this especially for IC because although we can triple vulcan the enemies, our buckshot concentration is decreased, so it's best used when the enemies are stuck in one spot. Depending on your airborne position after vulcan propels you backwards, you can either neutral drop to the ground, or paratrooper on the enemy or maybe further away. Anything can be used before rising lance if you so wish, like sky piercer, chain wave lance, swirling spear, etc.
    * Mist flare -> crescent is one of my favourite. Aside from being an overkill screen-wide attack on small fries, this is also a powerful burst combo since mist is likely to put you behind the enemy while holding them briefly, then crescent blasts down with the bonus back-attack damage. Crescent also seems to set up optimal distance for punto / vital strike lance tip.
    * Vital strike is devastating, but it has a very specific sweet spot for optimal damage, not unlike punto stabs. You usually bust this move after something that can lock your enemies in place, such as meso, axial, swirling spear, sky piercer, rising lance, or hey crescent.

Here's my sample of 100-0 combo on bosses, assuming they are grabable:
    1) When you enter the boss room start with chain wave lance -> sky piercer
    2) Rising lance -> 3x vulcan -> paratrooper land on the boss
    3) Mesocyclone -> cancel with mirage backstep -> find a good mid-range distance
    4) (once you're positioned so that you hit with your lance tip) Punto -> double punto -> quadruple drive -> cancel to swirling spear
    5) AURA JAVELIN!!!!!1!1
    6) Vital strike -> accelerate your stabs, cancel midway with ground seeker
    [most bosses don't live anymore past this point, but if they are particularly tanky, carry on >.>]
    7) Axial storm -> cancel to swirling spear -> cancel to rising lance -> paratrooper land behind the boss
    8) Crescent back-attack -> mist flare
    9) LETHAL FLURRY ~ASTRAL FINISH~

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)