Shirou's Shitty Gimmick Thread

Discussion in 'Media' started by Shirouzen, Oct 30, 2015.

1. KingAmon

Oh you have to collect the light orbs. I didn't even know. Nice. That'll make this fight easier for me lmao!

I noticed in the last video that you didn't use meta after you lost demonize and had full gauge. Should always meta when you can! Only takes half a gauge! Helps with combo hitstun on enemies a ton.

2. Shirouzen Jupiter's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    Yeah, I can solo the dungeon now, but I still have to use a couple tokens for nerbe's light phase since I have no idea how to do the infinite juggle =>lightning cast cycle correctly. Tog is ezeee pzee I can pretty much kill him now with my eyes closed.

I'm just so used to being in demonize 100pct of the time when a monster knocks me out of it I'm just confused lol.

Full Anton vids might come but I'm pretty demotivated by the fact there's no 90 demonize scythe as far as I've seen.

3. KingAmon

Nice. The infinite juggle is actually pretty easy for me now. Since the bar above your head tells you when he's going to create the circle, I just use that as the opportunity to Dark Authority or Execution. If you do it right before the bar finishes, it effectively creates a seamless damage cycle because the moves won't get interrupted. As long as you cycle through moves with xxxz you shouldn't have too big an issue. I occasionally mess up, but that's always a given haha.

Ah. I understand that. There are a few dungeons I draw blanks on when fighting in meta because I usually do them Demonized. That said, I try my best to play equal parts of both. I actually almost only use my meta build without leveled cubes because it works for Demonize okay and great in meta. My cube build is terrible in meta but good in Demonize.

Yeah I'll forever be jealous that BM got more Teana or w.e. and we're stick getting the short end. Maybe once the class gets a real overhaul. Epics can change.

4. Shirouzen Jupiter's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    Dude I didn't even know there was a bar over the players head....Definitely going to have to check on that later.

But it's not like the 90 stuff we got was bad, it's just not in line with my play style until I get epic and legendary swap for demonize.
    In terms of general shadow damage the 90 scythes are pretty good.

But there's also the fact that with dimension walker (and less so blood mage, he's also percent and physical which doesnt jive 100pct with gracia) coming around the corner I could have a legit raid ready character (That I actually like, which is rare enough as it is) without dipping into the nightmare of epic/hell mode farming.

5. KingAmon

Yeah I've seen those.

I have an F.grap so I'm not worried about Anton raid. She's a shoo-in.

Dimension walker looks amazing though.

6. Shirouzen Jupiter's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    Yeah, with and with all the events coming up I might just make a non-subbed mmage and make him a dimension walker once those guys are out.
    I'm already thinking of ways I can make it able to do EX Ancients (Mostly banking on ice guild set lol).

7. Shirouzen Jupiter's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    Finished my refine 8 and epic transfer for my handmade broom

85 transfer when
    [​IMG]

Now all can do is wait and hype myself up by watching these vids :dkface:
    Blood Mage (Obv)

Dim Walk

Honestly though with dim walker's lore he sounds more like a zealot than Dr.Strange
    -Lore-
    The research on the existence beyond dimensions has always been one of the oldest wish of the mages.
    But if they not had the protective measures against the power beyond dimensions
    It became poison to corrupt their body and mind and many pioneers have been driven to madness due to such problem.

To overcome and protect themselves from dimension miasma,
    There were mages who used all their power of the Abyss.

Those who walk on the path of dimensions were titled as Dimension Walkers.

They controlled the unnatural power of dimensions and used the concept beyond comprehensible in this world.
    Be careful when you encounter such people.

Those lunatics that craves on the blessing of the Abyss may doom us all...
    -lore end-
    VVVV(Zealot Kaecilius)VVVV

The main villain even has the "dark sunken eyes/I seen't some shit" thing going on like dimension walker too

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  8. Shirouzen Jupiter's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    Haven't posted in my thread in a while since I'm not really playing the game right now but I'm going to post my opinions with a pre-analysis of the crusader rework which comes after the new mmages. This is mostly a qualitative rather than a quantative (damage/numbers) analysis/commentary on skill changes and additions than anything else. Since this is a pre-emptive analysis don't expect me to be 100 percent on the ball.

Looked up some stuff on youtube for kdnf to get these vids
    Crusader - 크루세이더
    Saint - 세인트
    no rol

w/rol

no rol with pressure wall and shrapnel (This guy's build minus haptism + rol and maybe fountain would probably be the build I personally use when the future changes come)

New buff - Mace of the Holy Spirit - This buff is pure awesome, its basically a mini jupiter hammer that locks you out of the buffsader branch while also modifying your battle sader skills in significant ways while also buffing skill damage. 9/10

New Active Skill - Haptism - This is a new skill. A pillar of light surrounds you and knocks up the enemy while drawing them into you. As far as I've seen this skill doesn't look too amazing as the suction doesn't seem large enough and I'm unsure if the damage is worth it. 6/10

New Active Skill - Miracle Splitter - Another new skill. Aesthetically it looks pretty good. It seems to be a reskin of a weapon master skill in which they rush the enemy than do an uppercut slash but in the case of crusader they do a shoulder charge with deflection wall then do a hammer rush. It's freakin badass and looks like it does alot of damage. 10/10

New Active Skill - Spear of Destiny - Another new skill. You throw a spear up into the clouds and it rains judgment on the ground. It looks like a really strong skill that is almost full screen. Amazing, but aesthetically you can barely tell what's going on since it occurs so fast (probably sped the animation for balance purposes but its a shame cuz u barely get to see the cross shaped spear). 10/10

Crashing Cross - its a buff that doesn't stack but lasts a long time. Great change, hate the double stack upkeep thing. 10/10

Blades of Purity - They just upped the damage of the skill. Not enough to salvage it imo. I think a good change to this skill would be to make it a multihit skill like maybe 5 hits and each hit could proc rol. Also the size of blades needs a significant increase to match the size of jupiter hammer swings. 5/10

Spear of Victory - They upped the damage and had it work on super armor enemies. Not enough imo. I think they should have either upped the natural size or given it suction or have the grab work on all enemies, including rooted/building types. 5/10

Deflection Wall - Deflection Wall and Pressure Wall now are different variants of each other (the cooldown is based on deflection wall so even the sandwhich has a super low cooldown). From what I've seen it looks like it's plain better to use Pressure wall. 8/10

Pressure Wall - see Deflection wall.

Hammer of Repentance - They gave it superarmor, which was painfully necessary. 8/10

Flash Sphere - Flash sphere and Flash shrap are now variants of each other. From what I've seen Shrapnel doesn't work exactly like it does now, but explodes instantly once it touches something (so the damage is contained all in the explosion and shrapnels), which in my opinion is very good and makes it more bursty than a lingering skill that can get you in trouble against timed/bar enemy gimmicks. I think shrap would be preferential in this case too. 8/10

Flash Shrapnel - see Flash Sphere.

Righteous Judgment - They made it alot bigger. Like it's so huge your actually inside the circle when u cast it. 8/10

Aura of Conviction - Turns buff into skill damage for you 10/10.

Apocalypse - They took out the buff section so you go straight to laser disco. I feel like they could have done something more with this but not sure what. 8/10

Holy Sanctuary - More damage, skill was already great. Still, I feel like down the road they will change this into 1 heal/circle burst to make it in line with the bursty meta rather than a lingering skill that heals and damages multiple times. 8/10

Jupiter - From what I've seen the skill now lasts as long as it's cooldown. Just what this skill needed. 10/10

Ascension - You go straight into the air and unleash lasers with a slam finisher. Big change here is that the lasers don't hit willy nilly but home in on the enemies within the circle of light 10/10.

Overall the changes are amazing but I'd still love a couple changes to a few skills:
    -It looks like bsaders would still have to do some investment in rol for more damage and fountain for more mspd/aspd. It would be nice for mace to just have its own version of these skills embedded within itself so no sp investment would be needed. Even with fountain mspd/aspd crusader feels really slow and clunky and as an offensive class they should feel a bit faster imo.
    -normal spear and blades still look like skills you wouldn't consider unless you really really liked them (or took blades purely for the debuff aspect)
    -I feel like bsader still needs 1-2 true grab skills with invince frames to feel like a complete offensive class for interrupt purposes (but the changes to ascension give us 1 solid invince frame skill).
    -Many Monsters have high mobility so giving flash sphere slow homing property would make it easier to land all the hits and do full damage.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  9. Shirouzen Jupiter's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    got stupid lucky finding these
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So I'm just testing them out, I'm still using a 75 boss pink and really need a 85 epic scythe to do decent damage but at the same time I'm not really looking to main my avenger since dim walker is coming out.

10. Shirouzen Jupiter's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    Still waiting on sader rework but in the meantime I can always watch my idol (and take a look at his post battle rework skill build)
    :rollout:

11. Shirouzen Jupiter's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    Sader idol strikes again; 2 man anton raid :O

But I guess we're going to have to wait ANOTHER patch for sader rework and maybe 2 more for new mmages so I'm going to just continue my gracia grind until I can start posting my own vids again.

12. Shirouzen Jupiter's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    Expect vids soon

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)