Shield Defense/Block tutorial

Discussion in 'Elven Knight' started by Sage, May 26, 2015.

1. Sage

Does anyone know where I can find a Shield Defense tutorial or something? I dont know if the translation on the skill is miss-worded or something but I cant get either of the two second effects (after a successful block) to proc. I recently made the char and this is driving me crazy. :bang:

2. Virsh Casual

You have to keep holding down the skill key that block is set to while hitting the next button. After a successful one you have two options:
    Basic attack is replaced by a sparkly one that stuns enemies.
    Forward + basic attack causes her to stab forward with her sword. Holding it lets you hold enemies with it for a few seconds.

I don't think I've ever seen Chaos use it, and if you go Elven Knight you'll stop blocking for anything besides filler and breather time during chain rush combos, so don't worry about getting good with counters.

3. Sage

So if I'm understanding this correctly, the 2nd and 3rd effect of Shield Defense/Block is proc'ting off of the guard chance of the passive skill Defensive Instinct?

4. Virsh Casual

I don't think the passive has anything to do with it.
    I made a kind of tutorial:

5. Sage

T_T Still no luck but found something interesting. I'm hoping this isnt the case but I maybe experiencing the same thing that this individual in the linked thread is dealing with:

http://www.dfonexus.com/threads/knight-shield-defense.3775/

I'm using a PS3 controller instead of a PS2 that he is using. Guess I'm gonna be a sad panda. I know people say that you wont hardly use it but everyone plays differently and I dont like the idea of not having a defensive ability that I'm suppose to be able to use for a tank type class. >_<

6. Mikaya The Incompetent One

IGN:
    Mikayano/SariaViolet
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    You'll tank hard enough with with nature's protection if you're going Elven Knight. I never found it useful honestly, other than delaying for the usual Chain Rush combos. You just get a bonus to normal attacks after defending successfully.

7. Virsh Casual

Yeah, you already have plate armor, half damage, and infinite superarmor. If you want to play even more defensively and help the party, wait for impregnable defense. Even just one point in it blocks a load of damage, protects everyone behind you, and groups enemies together. It's also compatible with chain rush, which normal shield counters aren't.

Last edited: May 31, 2015

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)