sharing my pvp and pve build

Discussion in 'Dark Knight' started by BoldHeart, May 2, 2016.

1. BoldHeart

[​IMG]

this is my new awaken skill build. credit to mrsaltpvp for briefing me on how awaken works. just spam combos until the 5 purple orbs on the left are full then cancel a combo skill by attacking with an awaken skill and with this new skill build, its very easy to do

* NEW *

[​IMG]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    * NEW *

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    * remember that you can cancel your illusion slash into a dark slash or uppercut and follow it with a vein and you need at least one skill under uppercut or dark slash to do it *

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  2. Lamia

kind of surprising you don't get the momentary slash TP, it just feels a lot better to use

you also don't have a proper super hold on demand either for quick interrupts (you can't cancel into wave spin as it is, it doesn't work on everything and is short range), which you might like having

it's probably more advisable to focus on either physical or magical instead of a hybrid skill build, it keeps cooldowns shorter since you're not stacking the long-wait stuff together, but these opinions are all just my taste of course

I'm no pvper so no comments on that

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  3. Ey BigBlackCroc here, here is my pvp build. upload_2016-5-10_14-28-18.png

4. wehweh01

Okay hopefully I did this right. Here's my skill tab for pve below:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  5. BoldHeart

new awaken skill build available

6. BoldHeart

experimental dk skill build
    [​IMG]

7. Zenruku SRK Memeber

Any updates on the PVE build. I am just wondering becasue I want to try one of these since I made a dark knight.

8. BoldHeart

[​IMG]
    so i made a new dk skill build. it has grabs on demand and some pretty nice combos. i hope you like it
    try it out and let me know what you think

* build has been updated with both physical and magical version *

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  9. Tantarian Everyone's Grudge

IGN:
    Tatra
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    I don't know why you would put Brief Cut and Dark Cross as the skills to lower the cooldowns of Momentary Slash and Shock Wave. They are two of the best fillers because they are quick to cycle through. They also lower the cooldowns of your cubes more which is more important than having holds with a lower cooldown.

Also, your TP is all over the place. Skills such as Dark Explosion, Shock Wave, and Whip Attack should almost never have TP spent on them. They are good holds or filler skills, not your highest damaging skills like some of the other possibilities you have.

What I recommend is:
    • Dark Break : Max
    • Wave Spin : Max
    • Momentary Slash : Level 1
    • Dark Lust : Level 4
    • Dark Ball : Level 1
    • Illusion Slash or Dark Flame Sword : Max
    With Infinity here, Illusion Slash now deals pretty significant damage and Dark Flame Sword took a pretty big hit by losing the ability to ignore defense. Depending on your personal preference and build, you can max either, but I honestly wouldn't max them both. I prefer Illusion Slash over Dark Flame Sword, but I also have a more physical leaning build.

Also, skills such as Draw Sword, Dark Explosion, and Dark Ball are all very good stage four skills. No matter what build I run, I always try and put them on stage four because they deal very respectable damage. I also have absolutely no idea as to why you are maxing all of those critical passives. You should only max one of them (Magical or Physical) because Space-time Union equalizes your critical levels. Stacking both is a waste of SP.

10. Kuraido777

IGN:
    KuroHikari
    Here's my personal skill build:
    [​IMG]
    Cooldowns for chains are:
    26sec, 25sec, 18sec, 19sec, 24sec, 8sec from left to right.
    Everything is tailored to put you into the right position for the next skill in the chain :P
    E.g. Shock wave lasts just till Charge explosion can gather mobs and put them right in front for Illusion slash,
    Dark sword slides you in place for Wave spin, Dark ball hitstuns things long enough for Dark burst to hit, etc.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  11. Tantarian Everyone's Grudge

IGN:
    Tatra
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    First of all, those are some pretty long cooldowns for your chains. I would hope to have them all below 20 seconds at the minimum because DK's can rotate through them fairly quickly during end game content, especially in raid or Luke normals if you have average gear. I have one chain that has a cooldown of 24 seconds, and that's because it has both Charge Explosion and Dark Burst, but the rest are around 14 to 17 seconds long.

There are three skills that I think are utter garbage and wish DK's didn't have: Dark Rave, Whip Attack, and Dark Sword. The one thing all of them have in common is that they are all extremely slow and don't provide enough damage to justify the amount of time you are stuck using them. I'm not a huge fan of Dark Fall either, but it's good as an extended row skill for clearing trash because you can cancel out of it.

I love Phantom Sword as a skill, but I find it more suited to be an extended row skill. I personally used to run Dark Wave Fall as a stage five skill in a previous build, but have since taken it out so I can lower the cooldowns of my chains. With the skills available for DK's, they can really only have four effective chains without having to use slow skills like three skills I listed above. This leaves room for Momentary Slash and Shock Wave to have their own chains paired with a low cooldown skill to lower their cooldowns even further.

12. Kuraido777

IGN:
    KuroHikari
    Yes, while you can rotate through them pretty quickly, assuming you don't skip any skills, each skill chain has about a use time of 4 seconds.
    (cd=cooldown in seconds, sd=skill duration in seconds)
    So for combos A:26cd/5.5sd, B:25cd/4sd, C:18cd/3sd, D:19cd/4sd, E:24cd/3sd(assuming you cancel out of dark fall), F:8cd/0.5sd(using only momentary slash), excluding usage of rapid move for re-positioning, and assuming you have no downtime between skill chains; if you use:
    C, F, D, E, B, F, A, (wait 0.5sec), C, F, D, E, B, F, A, (wait 0.5sec)...
    0.5, 4, 3, 4, 0.5, 5.5, (wait 0.5sec) = 18 (C - cooldown ready at end of cycle) <-(skill durations for each combo)
    So it's very possible to be constantly cycling through skills with only a 0.5 sec downtime every 17.5 seconds.
    Phase 5's are mainly chosen through what does the most damage, phase 4's based on secondary damage options as well skill cohesion into phase 5, usually helping give an easier time to land the phase 5.

Dark rave, Whip Attack: Yup, you're 100% right on this one, they suck, they're slow, and do ass damage. That's part of the reason I put them as phase 1's, so you can use them when you have the leisure to, or chain it to a momentary slash or something to offset the time it takes to use them. Dark sword's damage isn't actually that bad, but it certainly is slow and terrible from a dps standpoint since the time it takes to use is way too long for the damage it does, like you said. Dark fall isn't all that great imo either, but it does decent damage, combined with phantom sword provides good hitstun, but tbh I just use it as an easy way to cancel into Time break & Dark flame sword since it's full SA and can be cancelled at any time.

Of course, everything boils down to playstyle, there is no 'right' build anyways, whatever works well for you and lets you dps effectively is the 'right' build.

13. BoldHeart

thanks for the reply. the reason brief cut and dark cross are not in the chains is because they are not practical to what im working towards which is consistent combos. id rather have to wait 1 more second for the chain cooldown than have a messy combo. and the reason ive put sp in both physical and magical is because ive been away for a year and simply forgot about space time union. ill update the build with your advice. thank you

14. BoldHeart

build is updated

15. Tantarian Everyone's Grudge

IGN:
    Tatra
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    One of the problems that plagued your first build is still there. Your TP is still all over the place still. Dark Explosion, Shock Wave, and Whip Attack should never have TP spent on them. Maxing Dark Lust is subjective. You're basically giving up 70-ish STR/INT for 10% damage on one of your stage five cubes. In the grand scheme of things, 70 STR/INT isn't worth it to me, but maybe you value it more than I do.

One thing I firmly believe is that, no matter what build you run, you should always max the TP for Wave Spin and Dark Break. Keep in mind that Dark Force has made all of our fixed damage skills significantly more powerful. I run a physical build and Wave Spin is still one of my most powerful cubes, usually placing top three on my damage analysis chart.

The benefits of putting TP into Dark Explosion, Shock Wave, and Whip Attack are not a valuable investment of TP. Dark Explosion does decent damage as a stage four skill but it will never out-damage a stage five cube, Shock Wave is a utility skill and 0.3 seconds isn't going to make it significantly better, and Whip Attack is a hot pile of garbage because of how slow it is, even if you do put it on stage one to cut out some of it's animation.

When I say all of this, I'm not trying to be hyper-critical of your build to be a dick. I've spent hours upon hours in the training room working on combos, chains, and builds. I've sampled a lot of other DK's builds from both DFOG and DNF as well. In my opinion, one of the worst things about being a DK is that you don't really know what to do with all of your skills when you finally get all of them at 85. I'm just trying to help you, and anyone else who wants help with their builds, with this awkward puberty-like stage of being a DK. lol

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  16. BoldHeart

thanks for your support. i enjoy utility and feel it benefits the party to have longer holds and hit count. but from what i understand, your saying for optimal damage to max dark break, illusion slash, wave spin, put 4 in flame sword and 1 in momentary slash right? and what about dark lust? your saying its subjective so i want clarification on weather it should be dropped completely to add tp in stage 5 cube skills

17. Tantarian Everyone's Grudge

IGN:
    Tatra
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    Like I said in my previous post, here is what I would max for TP:
    • Dark Break: Max
    • Wave Spin : Max
    • Dark Lust: Level 4
    • Momentary Slash: Level 1
    • Dark Ball: Level 1
    • Illusion Slash or Dark Flame Sword: Max
    I would pick between either Illusion Slash or Dark Flame Sword, but not both because that means you need to drop either Dark Break or Wave Spin, both of which are extremely good because they are fixed damage. It depends on your personal preference and build. There are still KDNF DK's that max Dark Flame Sword's TP despite the fact it was nerfed pretty hard in Infinity. Effectively Dark Flame Sword and Illusion Slash are on the same level of damage now, as opposed to Dark Flame Sword being vastly superior.

What I was trying to say the 5th point of Dark Lust was subjective, not maxing the skill at all. That was poor communication on my part. If you drop a level of Dark Lust and get rid of the other random TP you have laying around in Dark Explosion, Whip Attack, and Shock Wave, you can max a total of three stage five cube skills.

And as you requested from me in game:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  18. BoldHeart

[​IMG]

Tatra has helped me a lot with these builds. the first one, he got me to add charged explosion into wave spin in one of the chain. i dont know to what extent ive helped him with the second build but he made it himself. so ive put his name on it. and the third build is a build i asked him to get from a youtuber. he looked at one of his video and laid out the build. i thought maybe you guys would want it too. i hope you enjoy these new skill builds

so its come to my attention that i didnt post a magic build for the part of the dk community that relies on magic damage. so here it is

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  19. Space Quack

Where has this page been my whole life I've had so many questions and I stumble upon this to find out BoldHeart and Mr.Salt treaded in these forums for ages. Question what's wrong with the dark slash it has no hitbox for me how can I fix this if there even is a way?

20. BoldHeart

thats a bug with the weapon avatar. unequip it

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)