Shadow Dancer Official discussion

Discussion in 'Shadow Dancer' started by Yoowy, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Krypto406 Autist

IGN:
    Krypto406
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    I have no idea which is off slot is better for 9pc SoD, but 6pc gracia is far better in terms of damage.
    ABR is good enough to break bulky, so if you get a smash mod and use puppet whip, your gracia set up will be way better than your SoD set up.

2. Laiyenu Bloodgaru Queen

IGN:
    Laiyenu
    Steam:
    Laiyenu
    Guild:
    Anima
    Server:
    Cain
    Random question, I know SD's use daggers. Have any of you used twin swords though? If so, How'd that work out for you?

3. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    not sure wut twin sword would beat out that dagger mastery

4. Krypto406 Autist

IGN:
    Krypto406
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    I actually used The End to farm grandine before, and it was painfully slow compared to a dagger. But I am holding out hope that maybe Shadow dancers will be able to use twin swords sometime in the future.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. elijah

So i have been trying to farm hell modes with my SD and i have been having a hell of a time doing so, i could farm grandine no problem but the new zones pretty much one shot me on spawn right. time square i can actually kill without dieing on slayer on any other map 1 shots me like i said. Is there a better way to go about this without using like 4 tokens+ per hell? I try to start either by using cyclone or first awakening into the other but i usually die in the process and repeat

6. Krypto406 Autist

IGN:
    Krypto406
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain

Sometimes my shadow cut won't stun like you see in the 3rd room and it sometimes make heart extraction miss. When that happens I throw chains to kill the trash mobs and spin on the green name if she goes in her ball.
    If spin is not up for the hell canister you can use Shadow Sting instead.
    If shadow cut doesn't stun the hell demon I use eraser, abyss drop, hold up, then use deadly dance.
    If you miss final destruction and assassinate, use 2nd's finisher and then run for cooldowns. Use 1st awakening for I-frames and then throw skills when they come up.

7. elijah

Thank you for the detailed write up and even adding a video it helped tremendous in clearly alot easier and without using tokens. Im using RBW set so i just tend to spin to win until i can work on my gracia or get any epics. A dagger sure would be nice lol

8. Cat_Tree

Server:
    Cain
    Got a few epics today..
    DFO_2017-01-30_16-04-06.png
    would Florae memory be worth replacing something in my current setup? I also have quite a few rando epics now but not sure when its worth breaking gracia set.

9. Krypto406 Autist

IGN:
    Krypto406
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    Florae memory would be alot better than your current neckless. Also textbook is worse than wooden puppet whip.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. EmiliaIsNay

IGN:
    EmiliaIsNay
    Guild:
    Destiny
    Server:
    Cain
    Textbook is worse than whip in terms of assassinate (probably even overall damage) but textbook can be used for 2nd awakening swap, which is neat :D

11. Krypto406 Autist

IGN:
    Krypto406
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    Nope I tried to swap 2nd and it seems to be real time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. EmiliaIsNay

IGN:
    EmiliaIsNay
    Guild:
    Destiny
    Server:
    Cain
    Ah dang because the level of it increases if you hover over the buff icon and stays the same even when you swap it out GUESS IT WAS ALL A LIE

13. Cat_Tree

Server:
    Cain
    Hmm i have been swapping it to use 2nd awake pretty much. Guess I should just keep it on for the duration now :raise:

14. Hey guys, i need some gear advice.

Right now I have both SoD and RWB 9pcs, and a Spiral Spin for weapon. I was wondering if I should get a legendary dagger or just stick with Spiral Spin for now.

Also, I'm farming the Gracia set and got a lucky Bemute Stone from hell. So, I think the next step should be that anton acessories. Is it worth to buy a Wooden Puppet Whip for now? I'll not use it once I get the 3 anton acessories because of 6pc gracia (5 armor + sub) and Bemute Stone so I want to know if it's a good investment or no.

15. EmiliaIsNay

IGN:
    EmiliaIsNay
    Guild:
    Destiny
    Server:
    Cain
    Spiral spin is perfectly fine if your on a tight budget, but liberation will perform better as for wooden puppet whip that's your call as I think it's still relatively pricey but in all honesty if u just want raw burst damage SoD + puppet whip will outperform Gracia unless u manage to get a silver spirit. Also look into Assassination technique (3rd gen chron) 9pc gives 10% on assassins attitude (will get moved to 6 pc effect in the future)

16. Krypto406 Autist

IGN:
    Krypto406
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    Gracia beats out SoD really hard, assassinate is the only comparable skill while every other skill gets basically doubled when compared.

17. EmiliaIsNay

IGN:
    EmiliaIsNay
    Guild:
    Destiny
    Server:
    Cain
    Yes while that's true but Assassinate is usually what u need in raid especially since it's a 3 ish second animation (fatal blitz long as well) which are ur 2 hardest hitting skills granted I do think Gracia is better than SoD overall but in raid I personally liked SoD over Gracia (way more fun as well XD)

18. Wing

So I started playing this class as an alt to use my free awakening ticket on, and its surprisingly pretty fun. Wondering why this class isn't more popular? Is it the difficulty level? Lack of damage? It is pretty annoying to have to attempt to back attack everything when most classes have one button full room clears (although I guess w/ the chron set that boosts the aoe skill its not so bad).

19. EmiliaIsNay

IGN:
    EmiliaIsNay
    Guild:
    Destiny
    Server:
    Cain
    There are quite a few reasons why shadow dancers are pretty ded. The biggest being is probably because they can ONLY use daggers (same goes for necro and kuno and they both are pretty ded as well) while EVERY other class has 3-4 useable (while not BiS at least they are useable and in most cases better than typical legendaries). Another reason is the back attacks sure it's hard/annoying to get use to/master but getting back attacks in isn't even hard even in a party(unless you have grapplers) since SD have so many tools to get them in (shadow cut, 2nd awakening, dagger throw if u hit them in the back, and many other combinations). Damage as well unfortunately is not only maybe average at best but hardest hitting skills have long animation (assassinate is 3ish seconds and fatal blitz around 2) a lot of our skills are holds as well so lag kinda destroys us almost as bad as grapplers and it's because of skill animation that no matter what combination I do I can't get below 12 second Nugol (assassinate and fatal blitz takes up 5-6 seconds of it). Then there's really minor reason like lack of multihit/aoe, but infinity patch class rebalance we get some HUGE buffs which I'm looking forward to

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Sage

Any link to info on whats all being increase/change/added during this patch for SD?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)