Shadow Dancer Official discussion

Discussion in 'Shadow Dancer' started by Yoowy, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Loving this class, took me multiple lvl 86 classes to find my favorite and this is it. IDC if it sucks at PVP and/or PVE, dont get into raids, still love it. Currently at 86 and have a few questions.

1. I have the full SoD 9 piece OV set. What should I aim for after.
    2. Second , I keep seeing its ideal to get +10 AA, but is that +10 total, or is that plus +10 added to the 10 you would already have when it is maxed (making the overall +20).
    3. And lastly, I know alot of classes are getting reworked in upcoming patches like Gunners and their subclasses, Chaos getting shafted again and so on. Is this class expecting any changes soon, and how big/impactful are they. Thanks

2. Khanjali KO

IGN:
    Khanjali
    Guild:
    N/A
    Server:
    Cain
    1) Gracia armor set, then an Epic set.
    2) Assassin's Attitude maxes at 10, and it's Mastery level is 20. You want to get as close to 20 as you can.
    Some info:
    - The Sleeping Wonderland titles are a good source of levels, though they are quite expensive ( the cheapest +3 AA title I've seen is 60 mil). Ideally, you want either the Panda or the Squirrel title.
    - You can get the Crescent Moon title from the Pumpkin Smash mini-game as a very cheap alternative.
    - Note that there are no easy-to-obtain weapons that give more than +1 to AA (Halidoms are easy to get. Any that are level 35+ will do) and there are no Halidom tops that give an increase to AA.
    - The most readily-available armor piece that provides an increase to AA is the Sea God's Cursed Suede Greaves. - - - There is a PvP top that gives +2 to 20-45 skills, but that can take quite some time to get.
    - The High-Tech Ring from the Melvin's Shame Feat quest in Ghent gives +1 to AA. This should be one of the easiest items to get.

3)The most recent change I've seen about Shadow Dancers was the August 18th balance update (thanks to Jay for compiling the information). I do not know if they have been added to the game yet.
    The changes are:
    • Critical Damage removed from Leather Armor Mastery
    • Increased Critical Damage added to Assassination Method (value: 20%)
    • 15% damage increase to all Shadow Dancer skills
    Critical Damage from the armor mastery was 20%, so this allows for us to wear other armor without losing Crit damage.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  3. Wow thanks man. Very detailed and helpful response. One question though, why 20 AA, I am at 14 right now, my crit is over 95 % (plus all the back crits etc). Does crit extend past 100% or does it cap there. Because if it does, isn't 20 AA overkill. What is the reasoning. thanks again

4. Khanjali KO

IGN:
    Khanjali
    Guild:
    N/A
    Server:
    Cain
    Each rank of AA increases Crit Damage (certain levels give a different amount), so you want to get it as high as possible for that.
    You can go above 100% Crit, but you are losing out on damage elsewhere if you do. In fact, you don't want to go above 97% Crit since there's a 3% innate Crit Chance (I think it's 3%, someone correct me if I'm wrong)

For Shadow Dancers, we need at most 82% Crit since our 1st Awakening Passive, Rear Ambush, gives an extra 15% Crit Chance on Back Attacks.

5. Forgot about the part of AA. Yeah, the more the merrier. Sorry if any of these questions are newb or what not, just want to get all the facts clear since this will be my main till kingdom come lol. If I can't get 20 AA, what is a reasonable minimum, if there is such a thing.

6. Krypto406 Autist

IGN:
    Krypto406
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    To add on to the shadow dancer swaps, you want to these set-up
    9pc assassination technique (10% crit damage)
    +1/2 Offslot (high tech ring/ghost train pants/Forgotten land sub equip/PvP god top/Cata Shoulder)
    +1/2 From weapon (halidom/silver spirit)
    +2/3 Title
    +3/4 From avatar top, plats , and motion aura (if you have it)
    +1 Pet
    Now if you don't have silver spirit, cata shoulder/Pvp god top, or a motion aura you cannot get +10 swaps with the 9pc, only +9.
    Another note, if you currently do not have 9pc assassination technique, the 9pc of song of death gives 5% more crit damage. So you can use song of death as your buff set too until you get the other swap set.

7. Ansegisel

IGN:
    Teresa, Ansegisel
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    After SD changes, 6 piece assassination technique gives the max crit dmg bonus. You won't need 9 piece anymore after that.

8. Deejay

IGN:
    ShayyDee
    You don't need 82%, you need around 60% ,assassins attitude gives crit chance as well as the passive.

9. Khanjali KO

IGN:
    Khanjali
    Guild:
    N/A
    Server:
    Cain
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. 82% is what is needed from gear and AA. You won't see Back Attack Crit on your stats, so you want to reach 82% with AA to reach your maximum.

10. Cat_Tree

Server:
    Cain
    Where have you seen that the crit bonus changes to 6 piece? I was contemplating getting the +3 title for around 50mil but if it gets easier later I wouldn't need it.

11. Krypto406 Autist

IGN:
    Krypto406
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    I finished gracia today, and this is my song of death vs gracia damage charts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Important note, I used first awakening as my last skill so I never used the buff portion from it.

12. Arphila Quite lewd

Ramnu's Invisible Blade or Lib Dagger? Currently I'm using SoD set. :v

13. Forte EXPERIENCE TRANQUILITY

IGN:
    KnuxForte
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    for SOD i reccomend using Lib Dagger

ramnu is an interesting weapon, powerful in its own right, and its blades take on light element, but for pure burst you'll pull out more mileage with SoD

14. H4rlequin Pig lucker Bender - Shit lucker Zerker

IGN:
    H4rlequin
    Server:
    Cain
    Soooooo how's Spiral Spin on this class after the rework guys? It said "reduce the cd of Blade Cyclone by 30%" so it should be good with RBW set right?

15. Forte EXPERIENCE TRANQUILITY

IGN:
    KnuxForte
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Yes, it would work, but it wouldnt stop RBW from not outputting enough damage in stuff like Anton Raid (IMHO)

to be honest, i really want to get it just for fun though!

16. H4rlequin Pig lucker Bender - Shit lucker Zerker

IGN:
    H4rlequin
    Server:
    Cain
    Tbh, I've only been using her as a farming tool with RBW set + tower slave, seeing how I can improve both of those aspects with the dagger is happy enough for me. I don't think i'll put much efforts into gearing her unless I got Silver Spirit or Goddess Dagger even though i really like her playstyles.

17. Forte EXPERIENCE TRANQUILITY

IGN:
    KnuxForte
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    if you do get one, please post a video as i also want it!

18. Khanjali KO

IGN:
    Khanjali
    Guild:
    N/A
    Server:
    Cain
    I don't have any of the Epic Daggers, but I do have a Skull Kane's Tenacity (15% increased spinning Slash attack, hit count +8).

Here's a horrible, potato quality video because I don't normally make videos yaddah yaddah yaddah

To be quite honest more Cooldown reduction isn't really needed since the cooldown is 7 seconds with RBW and has ~4-5 seconds of down time if you use the full cast of the skill. As the video shows, you have it ready from room to room, so it's perfect for farming.
    Also, the HP reduction from SKT is negligible. You can't see it well in the video, but my health doesn't take a significant hit from the effect.
    My current gear is:
    [​IMG]

Nothing too fancy, but for a fast farming character it gets stuff done.
    I'd still recommend having a non-Blade Cyclone centric set for bosses simply due to Blade Cyclone not being all that strong on a single target.

19. H4rlequin Pig lucker Bender - Shit lucker Zerker

IGN:
    H4rlequin
    Server:
    Cain
    I already got one though and yeah I can do that, but maybe after the epic rework (next Tuesday I guess)

20. Any link to this epic rework, as far as i know its basically buffs to the class. But alink or something to the exact changes to the class would be nice. thanks

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)