Shadow Dancer Backstabbing PvE Guide

Discussion in 'Shadow Dancer' started by Yoowy, Mar 7, 2016.

1. How does Shadow Trip/Dash work? Dumb shit doesn't actually hit anything and just goes straight through every enemy. Help!

2. Basically "hitting" an enemy will stun them for a moment even though you don't actually do damage. By hitting, I mean your sprite hitting a monster.

3. Not working. I've used it a hundred times and it always goes through everything. Functions like Pure Walk for me.

4. That's how it works. You don't just stop in front of the monster.

5. Isn't it supposed to do a teleport sorta thing and make you face their back? I've seen it in videos and I'll be honest, I actually did it once in the training room. I just don't know how.

6. Works like pure walk then it automatically makes you face their back. Even if you're already facing your back, it'll turn them around so that you can face their back. That's all it does on it's own.

7. Thank you. Guy on reddit said it was Shadow Cut, not Trip with the teleport, and it was. I only tested Trip and not Cut >_<

8. Yoowy Anele

Guild:
    TheSilverPig GM
    Server:
    Cain
    Not really no but you have a ton of SP to work with currently without 2nd so level it if wanted

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. leemf

nice Gide but i got question
    what about back crit passive is that good to get

10. Yoowy Anele

Guild:
    TheSilverPig GM
    Server:
    Cain
    Just answered that in the above post. Its fine currently since no 2nd awakening skills and you have a ton of SP later on you are going to drop it since you hit crit cap easily without needing it

11. shinsakuto

IGN:
    GanOsama
    Guild:
    DarcLore
    Server:
    Cain
    Great detailed guide!! Thanks for the hard work @Yoowy :D

12. Takashi Nen Gunner

IGN:
    Yaira
    Guild:
    Signify
    Server:
    Cain
    Which of the 2 OV sets is better for farming OV?

13. Yoowy Anele

Guild:
    TheSilverPig GM
    Server:
    Cain
    Better for farming OV? That be blade cyclone c2 set

14. AdventSign

I don't see a recommendation for Ankle Cut in the guide. Is it worth maxing at all? Or even getting Lvl 1 for utility?
    And for avatars, why Assassin's Attitude and not Sharp Dagger? Sharp Daggers increases weapon attack and hit rate, where as Assassin's Attitude online increases the critical chance and attack. Wouldn't Sharp Dagger be better because of the more reliable damage?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  15. Yoowy Anele

Guild:
    TheSilverPig GM
    Server:
    Cain
    hmm guess i should add ankle cut into guide i didnt include it since it is garbage so to save space i skipped it also the reason why i skipped the other common skills.

As for Attitude vs Sharp dagger pretty simple its crit rate/crit damage vs just physical attack/hitrate. At rank 10 for Attitude its 42% crit damage while Sharp dagger gives 23.8% at rank 15 (using my level for this not capped) Attitude scales better is what iam getting at and all you really need for a top.

16. shinsakuto

IGN:
    GanOsama
    Guild:
    DarcLore
    Server:
    Cain
    Not the SD expert...but from my past few days of experience, I feel that even tho ankle cut does no real damage (I left it at 1), the fact that it can put enemies into the back attack position is VERY handy for follow ups like neck divider and hold up>heart thruster

17. Yoowy Anele

Guild:
    TheSilverPig GM
    Server:
    Cain
    If you have a use for it that's great. Another reason i don't list it because Shadow cut alone should be more then enough for setting yo self up while Ankle cut loses its value fast once you get into endgame when mobs wont be turned around just because you kicked em lol. My view points for guides is just endgame directed mobs in general if its just everyday leveling process then you can pretty much get away with anything as long as it makes sense.

18. Zebedee 2

Anyone have a video/guide for SD combos (PVE and/or PVP)?

19. photaiplz

20. Zebedee 2

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)