Serious discussion about building a strong MBrawler

Discussion in 'Brawler' started by Chardo, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Psycho K Keeper of Territory

That wasn't a proper @Psycho K summon, but I somehow got here anyway. As seen in the True: Vilmark run in the first post, Crazy Vulcan can be very powerful and that was recorded before this rebalance. That was most likely Lone Bruiser 9. Seeing the kind of damage it's doing, it really makes you feel like the damage calculation is on grab, but it's still hard to say. It's also hard to say what that set does when you use it on a foe immune to grabs.

2. Some testing in training mode suggests damage is calculated on grab. More testing when I have more time.

3. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Would be nice if mbrawler had the iframes of missing a mount ( they still do their shockwave hit even if they don't hit anything)
    A lot of issues with enemies you couldn't grab is fixed with tp skills.
    Cursed quake's additions every 3 levels is interesting. Especially the lvl 9 one.
    Crazy vulcan used to really suck, but it's not bad at all now

4. Hatsukoi sugoi

IGN:
    Koihman
    Server:
    Cain
    I'm not a fan of the Cursed quake upgrades. I mean I tend to prefer ults with additions that actually boost the ults (sort of like Cursed quake's level 3 upgrade). It seems pretty half assed to just boost other skills, even if it is worth the dps. Couldn't they have thought of something more interesting??

5. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    It's neat that it can be integrated into the skill sets but the entire skill itself seems lackluster. I mean the class is based on statuses but the skill doesn't really do anything related to status

6. Hatsukoi sugoi

IGN:
    Koihman
    Server:
    Cain
    I seriously have high expectations for 2nd awakenings for this class. Really hoping for a good support buff or a low cd skill that can really revive this class from the grave

omg imagine if Strengthened throw had 2 levels and you could strengthen a skill even more to make it something else

7. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    I don't because I"ll just be disappointed :P

8. LJM4Eva Hey lil' mama would you like to be my sunshine?

I haven't gotten my Brawler to that level yet so correct me if I'm wrong and it's already implemented, but Cursed Quake's Lvl 3 upgrade needs to cause Burning with its lasting damage. Gives us our own version of those God forsaken lava pits and another way to inflict a status for damage amps

9. Hatsukoi sugoi

IGN:
    Koihman
    Server:
    Cain
    Trying this class out and omg I'm literally breezing through dungeons

with this new event where you can get skills 5 levels above, I'm breezing with abnormally high status skills
    literally 1 x always procs a bleed

10. GaRgAnt

Raging Vulcan calculates the number of status ailments on grab. However, certain things will reduce the damage in the interim period between the grab frame and the FALCON PUNCH, most notably if the bind effect from Net Throw wears off in the middle of the windup because the bonus 15% extra damage will be lost, or if the blind effect on the target wears off in the windup while you have Death Blade equipped, which will remove the bonus 7% extra damage component.

With a +10 Death Blade that's a low-tier superior (But it's still superior) and all possible 7 status ailments that a male brawler can inflict, I can hit 8.4 million crits with Raging Vulcan on Super Jaiyan (Because he has zero defense), counting Net Throw's damage amplification but not counting the 7% extra damage component from Death Blade of Darkness's second passive.

11. Interesting that each of the statuses might interact differently with the move. When I was testing, I only tested it with poison and bleed (separately) since I could use the # of ticks to see about how much longer the status would last. From what I found, there was no difference in damage if the statuses wore off between the grab and the hit. (On some trials I grabbed immediately after applying the status, on others I grabbed them right before the last tick). The Death Blade one you mention might make more sense since it's variable in the calculation (special weapon bonus).
    I really should just skip leveling and go finish this test. When moving is done and work ain't so busy and new game content isn't out -_-.

12. GaRgAnt

The Net Throw bind is the only thing that's important to keep on the entire time; you can grab a target with ailments that expire in the middle of windup, and you'd be fine, but the extra 15% bonus damage is way too good to be allowed to expire in the middle of the windup. In the case of Hollow Spikes/Death Blade, you need bleed/blind to be active to get bonus damage off their second passives when the damage actually arrives, but otherwise you just have to be fast with applications.

13. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    bonus damage from net throw? It never did add extra damage by itself like fbrawler did unless it was changed recently.

14. GaRgAnt

It's a damage amp; it's not like Death Blade/Hollow Spikes, where the extra damage ends up being a separate component. The amp is a percentage multiplier (base 15%, gains 3% per TP level investment which I personally skipped due to 3% not being useful and the damage amp not working with status ailments) that multiplies every instance of direct damage dealt by 1.15 times.

15. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    oh i see it now. It definitely wasn't there before :<

16. Sorry if these questions have already been asked and answered, but does Throw Mastery do anything for M.Brawler's needles, bricks, ect? What about Double Throw, is it worth getting? And if so maxing?

Sorry again if this is the wrong thread to be asking these questions.

17. GaRgAnt

Throw Mastery only applies its increases to items. Since bricks/needles/bottles/nets aren't technically items, they don't get the bonus (I just tested it).

Double Throw in theory can be skipped, especially since most of the time you only want to use the strengthened versions for maximum damage, and the strengthened versions of the throwing skills are unable to be doubled. However, there are a number of situations where you want Double Throw active (And by extension, the normal throwing versions):
    1. You want to not cause collateral damage. Very rare, but some quests (*cough* Runaway *cough*) some quests ask you not to destroy certain objects.
    2. Someone's up close, and the needle shotgun is too slow to properly hit them before they hit you.
    3. You REALLY want to stun somebody, but at the same time they have really high status resist, even with Taunt active on them.

The last one is the most important one. Since a doubled Block Throw has four separate chances of stunning someone (Both the original impact and the shards carry their own separate stun chances, and you're throwing two bricks), you want to use this when you can't afford to miss a stun/you want to really stun the guy really fast and can't wait for Boulder Throw's windup/you want fast damage at the cost of efficiency.

One last note: If you use Double Throw, you max Double Throw because of its increased bonuses with more ranks in the skill.

18. Super late, but thanks for the info gargant. You seem really knowledgable about the game.

19. Thank you for the info.

20. Jay Hero of Prophecy

I was going to update on this earlier, but 2nd Awakening patch distracted me.

-----------------------

Street Alone (SA) 3pc Set: Block Throw Damage increased by 20%, Throw cooltime decreased by 10%, Needle Throw Damage increased by 20%, Throw cooltime decreased by 10%
    Street Underhanded (SU) 3pc Set: Needle Throw Damage increased by 30%, Throw cooltime decreased by 20%

Condensed Grudge Orb (85 Legendary MS): +8 Poison Level, Poison Damage increased by 40%, +8 Bleed Level, Bleed Damage increased by 40%
    Dirty Adjutant's Rib (85 Legendary Sub): +6 Poison Level, Poison Damage increased by 45%, +6 Bleed Level, Bleed Damage increased by 45%
    Heartneck's Teeth (72 Unique Bracelet): +1 Poison Level, Poison Damage increased by 10%, +1 Bleed Level, Bleed Damage increased by 40%

Queen Spider Set:
    Tarantula Top (85 Heavy Top): +12 Poison Level, Poison Damage increased by 20%
    Native Ornamental Shoes (85 Heavy Shoes): +12 Bleed Level, Bleeding Damage increased by 20%

-----------------------

Dirty Trick 9pc Set is probably best equip setting you can go unfunded, but definitely not the best setup you can do.
    3 SA + 3 SU + Status Aliment equips (ones I listed) should work better, but I don't really recommend this unless you got money and time to burn.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)