Serious discussion about building a strong MBrawler

Discussion in 'Brawler' started by Chardo, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Chardo Fight for truth and tacos al pastor

Okay, with beta on the corner, Im pretty sure that there are at least a few of us, those who still want to keep the dream alive, and want to build a strong Mbrawler for global, sadly, we all KNOW how people react to that "lol weelchair class just roll OP class why even try etc"

First of all, here are the arguments often told to us as to why Mbrawler struggle:

1- Nerfed needles
    2- Cant deal status ailments on high level dungeons
    3- Cubes are bad

:ohdear:

Nothing wrong here, I tried a mbrawler on arad senki lv70+ dungeons and noticed some problems with him.

However I look for mbrawler videos and find this

:mfighter::mfighter::mfighter:

quite obviously there is some gear out there that helps you deal status ailments, so my point of this thread is asking the veterans, how much help does taunt provide? what about ex points? suju farming? pink accessories? I just don't see anything of this being discussed at all.

how come the other struggle class (Rogue) gets a really cool guide that mentions all the buffs they got last year? why does mbrawler not get this?
    apparently poison throw is much stronger, needle spin is faster and refine rate now influences poison/bleed damage?

Again, I acknowledge that M.brawlers struggle, but I also seem to realize SOMETHING about them changed in recent months,(much more poison throw spam) can we discuss this? what sort of gear should I aim for once they get the buffs?

The point of this thread is to find the good points and let the bad points aside, and keep the dream alive, as shitty as that dream may seem.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  2. Jay Ultimate ???

To start, Last time M.Brawler was "properly balanced" was Season 4 Act 6
    http://df.nexon.com/?GO=pr|actupdate&no=61&cat=3
    I doubt we'll get this update with the OBT, but might as well talk about it for the upcoming updates.
    (Also note that Vilmark and Ov3 video the OP linked is before this update.)

• Sand Splash Post Delayed is reduced
    • Poison Throw Normal Attack is changed to Physical Attack while Strengthened Poison Throw Attack has been increased by 55%
    • Claw Mastery Bleeding Rate fixated to 30%; Bleeding Attack increased by 100%
    • Explosive Hook is now Magical Attack
    • Strengthened Block Throw distance can be maintained using your control keys
    • Ground Tackle Attack increased by 50%; Pre & Post Delay reduced; Moving Speed increased; Hit Rate interval reduced
    • Crazy Vulcan's Max Level is now 1
    • Crazy Vulcan EX now let you use Mount against mobs you couldn't grab
    • 15% Damage increase against enemy held down by Net Throw (can be stacked two times)
    • Venom Mine kick is now Magical Attack; Pre & Post Delay reduced
    • Added Attack increase and reload cooltime decrease function to Thousand Hands
    • Sticky Ball cooltime decreased by 10%
    • Overstrain is back with STR/INT & Physical/Magical Critical Hit balance

-----------------------

Chron set changes (Credit to mms0208): http://forums.dfocore.com/Thread-M-Brawler-Chronicle-Set-Options-after-Revamp-Translated

-Dirty Trick for Throws
    -Intense Bomb for Magical Build (Venom Mine Focus)
    -Street Underhanded (Street Discipline) for Mount Build (Not as good since the balance I mentioned earlier)

There are many other options than these sets, but it all really depends.

Despair Knight's Bagnak [80 Unique] is a decent sub for us since it comes with Poison and Bleed damage increase (Faris [Epic] is basically the same thing, but better stats).

As for Claw;
    -Liberation Claw [85 Legendary]
    -Scarver's Nails [85 Legendary] (+3 Claw Mastery; +5 Needle Throw; Poison and Bleed Damage increased by 15%; Critical Damage increased by 15%)
    -Blood of Holocaust [85 Legendary] (Critical Damage increased by 20%; Physical and Magical Damage increased by 10% Added to Claw Mastery)
    -Vitality Nails [80 Epic] (+5 Claw Mastery; Extra 25% Damage for 7 seconds after using Crazy Vulcan; Extra 15% Damage against Undead/Human Types)
    -Demon's Rake: Ignoar [85 Epic] (+237 STR; +200 INT; Poison and Bleed Damage increased by 25%; {1})
    -Taroui Jarche (?) [85 Epic] (+2 Taunt; Taunt Effect Area increased by 20%; {2})

{1} When you attack, enemy's Attack Speed is decreased by 10% and your own Attack Speed is increased by 10% for 10 seconds (Can be stacked 5 times, 2 seconds Cooltime); When you attack, enemy's Moving Speed is decreased by 5% and your own Moving Speed is increased by 5% for 10 seconds (Can be stacked 5 times, 2 seconds Cooltime); When you attack, enemy's STR/INT is decreased by 20 and your own STR/INT is increased by 20 for 60 seconds (Can be stacked 15 times, 2 seconds Cooltime) ; Extra 30% Damage against Demon Types

{2} When you attack, enemy's Status Resistance is decreased by 5 for 10 seconds (Can be stacked 5 times, 1 second cooltime); Extra 25% Damage against enemies with Status Problem

-----------------------

As for Taunt; You should definitely stacking Taunt with your Title and Avatar Top (Some do Thousand Hands with Top if they get +3 Title). In those videos you could see the player switching their titles.

And Cubes aren't even that bad anymore (70 Ex pretty bad).

-----------------------

Mostly done with memory (minus stats) and might add more stuff if I find it useful. Bye.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  3. Chardo Fight for truth and tacos al pastor

Thanks a LOT
    Intense bomb set looks really interesting

4. RagingRay King of Dragons

IGN:
    Xydian, RagingRay
    Guild:
    Kawaii, Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    Hey guys just a heads up, M Brawlers awakening name changed from Wildcat to Rampager.

5. Skiptrace

D'awww that sounds like... LAME... unless our 2nd Awakening is changed to Wildcat, then i'm fine with that...

6. VanillaRico Dirty brawler fighting?

IGN:
    PilotAerio
    Guild:
    Key
    Unrelated, but...
    I just want to say that if anyone's going to bring back the M. Brawler dream, I'm glad it's the good guys like the people here.

We can do it yall.

7. They may have buffed poison throw a while ago, but the damage is still complete trash unless you have chrons to buff it. Too bad there is nothing better to put points into.

8. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    With this current OBT patch MBrawlers spin is super fast.
    Also claw mastery is worth getting now as it does the bleed with throws ( throw poison bottle and bleed happens hue) and it gives hit rate.
    I'm casually leveling him as I got but those are what I noticed so far.

Once nexon shut down dfo I didnt really bother to watch out for updates on brawler since I don't play any other version.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  9. Gear Get off my lawn!

IGN:
    MechaGear
    Guild:
    Communism/YeOldeSauc
    Server:
    Cain
    idk right now mbrawler feels really good. between the poison and bleed, you can shred these dungeons right now and stun can make bosses just big targets

10. KShrike

Wait, I thought we were a wheelchair class. What happened? Is that still not enough in the Korean server?

11. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Really shouldn't have any issue leveling with them. It's just end game problems thats all

12. Jay Ultimate ???

"Wheelchair Class" is over exaggeration. There's no denying this class is very flawed and not very viable end game, but it could still work with the right build and set up. I just wouldn't call it "Wheelchair Class".

13. KShrike

To me it's still a class that you could use to farm gold with to fund other classes. That's why *I* advertise this class.
    Why make a summoner (or whatever people use to farm) when you can throw bricks at people?

14. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    All joking aside they do work ok except end game as Jay says unless we're talking the old Nxon DFO then ya end game again sux

15. Howishotgun

IGN:
    HowIFist
    Ill be playing brawler main for sure. Dont care if its a wheel chair, it's too much fun. When we do get 2nd awakening/rework eventually we will be the first to profit on the hype!

16. GaRgAnt

So I guess the class is flawed and may or may not suck right now, but personally m. brawler isn't that much inferior to the female variant right now; besides the fact that Needle Spin is garbage compared to Junk Spin (but ONLY IN TERMS OF PARTY UTILITY) and Blood Rage is completely out of place, the class feels really fun to play. I know status ailments get really defended against the higher you go (which is why Junk Spin is so damn good, the stun can't be blocked) but holy shit does Taunt help.

I wish Neople would add bonus numbers to Taunt's TP upgrade, and maybe a longer range overall for safety purposes in PvE. Oh well.

17. KShrike

Remember that if all else fails you can just use the M Brawl as a very cheap farming tool.

18. GaRgAnt

I wish he was actually viable instead of just a mule. I hope 2nd awakening either reworks him to not be a wheelchair or makes him so wildly strong with his ailments that the wheelchair can't hold him back.

EDIT: Or just make Cursed Quake stronger, it's okay but not really useful save for the rank 6 bonus (Rank 3 damage is a joke and the actual damaging area doesn't even stay after the spire drops, and rank 9 is super redundant because of Thousand Hands)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  19. KShrike

I mean, it doesn't do us any good to request changes to the class. Any changes we're gonna get are changes or tweaks done to the M Brawler in the future patches on the original product.

20. Why does it look like this thread has died? I've been looking over most of the info these boards provide for this character today and it seems like we could really benefit from some discussion and info updates. Maybe it's because I'm not a year long veteran of the game like you come off as, but I know that I'm definitely not using this character's full potential, bad as everyone claims it to be. For example, I've never really experimented seriously with the max damage from mount/raging vulcan you can get based on the # of status effects. Like Psycho K mentioned in Dowiet's thread, where's the info on if the damage is calculated on grab or on hit?

I think we should do some in depth move testing or share little known facts. Like, [I feel like a noob for mentioning but] I just picked up when i was ~Lvl74 or something that you're free to move in the air after strengthened block throw. When I was fighting the boss in Black Crusade, this allowed me to use tornado kick to air stall if the boss didn't get stunned and he finished his move where he sends out the rock spikes in front of him. Normally i'd get hit, but with the air stall I could land safely.

Anyone feel like contributing?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)