RPG Limit Break 2017

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Dowiet, May 13, 2017.

1. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain

https://horaro.org/rpglb/2017 - schedule

Like rpgs? Like supporting a good cause? ( NAMI = national alliance on mental illness)
    kick back and have fun watching people play rpgs before adgq starts

2. Ark From Pain, Awakening.

Only 2 runs I want to watch are late Thursday night and early Friday AM and I leave for vacation on Thursday :excited:

3. Jaðarsormr 抜けない事があきらかだからって、オレが努力しなくていいって事にはならない

Yeah, because AGDG is no longer as fun as it was before (unlike LimitBreak, which is still great).

Hopefully I will have time to watch:
    Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen
    Secret of Mana
    SaGa Frontier
    Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX

4. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    It's true agdg has kinda dumbed way too far down but at least it's for a good cause i guess.
    I must say yagamoth is like the best voice ever tho

5. Jaðarsormr 抜けない事があきらかだからって、オレが努力しなくていいって事にはならない

I think I watched Yagamoth before... Maybe it was one of those Diablo II runs during AGDQ. Not sure.

Watched a part of Disgaea 2, expecting to see Nekomata exploit. After realizing that the runner just use buffed Adell + Rozalin, I remembered that the exploit was fixed in PSP version. Was pretty fun to watch (I laughed a bit during "GREETINGS TO GERMANY" donation and runner's reaction "Oh no, not "Greetings TO Germany", now you've done it").
    Also saw a part of Terranigma run - heard a lot about the game, but never played it myself. Was also a pretty fun run, because people joked and had fun with it.

And this is what I miss in AGDQ - I wish the "NO FUN ALLOWED" joke wasn't real. Some runners get banned for pity reasons, some runs have unique thing (Tetris Grandmaster) but then get turned into an entire separate block (which kinda kills that "unique" feel for me), the entire "HYPE" scream thing... I think I still find interesting to watch some short runs, but not the long runs. Unlike LimitBreak, which pretty much consists of long runs.

6. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Terranigma is a real gem of a game. It's very good so if you haven't played it then you should check it out some time.

7. Jaðarsormr 抜けない事があきらかだからって、オレが努力しなくていいって事にはならない

I'll try to - I kinda missed the entire library of SNES during my childhood (the only games I had on it were Donkey Kong Country 1-3, and after some time I got PS1), and now I'm slowly playing stuff I always wanted try to. Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3, Cool Spot, Yoshi's Island, Goof Troop... and some obvious stuff like Super Metroid, Final Fantasy 4-6 and Link to the Past.

Saw Child of Light run today. Games like this, Valiant Hearts and Rayman Origins / Legends still give me hope that Ubisoft can make great games like in 90's (I absolutely love Rayman 1, if that'd explain why I love games with unusual artstyle).

8. Orbus

Man, didn't even know about this.
    Gotta go back and watch some of them, especially alundra and saga frontier.

I still like some of the stuff shown on gdq's, but they certainly have gone out of their way to make it more normie friendly.

9. Jaðarsormr 抜けない事があきらかだからって、オレが努力しなくていいって事にはならない

Saga Frontier run was really good - I was really surprised at how it was possible to beat the game with such short amount of time. I do admit that Asellus route is one of two most easiest (AND best story-wise) routes in the game (the other being T260G), but it was still impressive to me.

And I don't think I'm even gonna bother to watch SGDQ live this year. Maybe I'll watch some of the runs on Youtube after everything's done, though.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)