Rogue PvE Guide

Discussion in 'Rogue' started by Yoowy, Jun 1, 2014.

1. jktstance

I see. Back when I played it was pretty much DB > dagger, but with these skill changes there's a lot additional perks for daggers. I still love the enormous AoE of chain saw with DB, though.

2. Hurricane and bandit cut hit ends should do a lot of damage. Other than that, at your level chainsaw, bandit cut, and shining cut would be where most of your damage is coming from I think, on a twin sword build.

Try switching to daggers though, I find it's much better than DB now.

3. Quite a few. Mostly buffs, but also sword dance is a great new skill (for dagger rogue).

4. Certainly, only max it on a dagger rogue.

5. Lil Puddin Duke of Diabeetus

IGN:
    ALOT
    To my knowledge, DB and Daggers are almost the same. Daggers are insane for crit spamming since there's more oppertunities to hit and also lower cooldowns on physical skills. Dual Blades(I could've sworn it was Twin Swords for some reason), seems to have better reach and higher damage at the cost of higher cooldowns; effectively using damage to carry your Rogue (also some bleed effects added to some skills). Daggers win for a serious weapon, since a Rogue's job is similar to a Ranger's job. THROW EVERYTHING OUT. DON'T STOP. 99999999999 COMBO OR DIE. CRIT CRIT CRIT CRIT CRIT CRIT. So Daggers pls.

It all comes down to preference. I am very sure you can make a DB Rogue really good. It is also slightly more forgiving in the damage increasing department since the PATK is pretty decent and cubes hit like trucks. In PvP you should almost exclusively use Daggers, tho. Speed > Damage in PvP, unless you are somehow able to 5HKO-10HKO someone with damage over speed.

6. Yes, it is twin swords now. It was called dual blades back in nexon dfo though.

7. Db's hardly have more reach, only in x string, dash attack, and air x, that's it.
    They're pretty even from what I hear, but daggers are infinitely more fun, so do that one!

8. Necrofancy Blame Blobâ„¢

IGN:
    You already know!
    Server:
    Cain
    Doing the same damage in more hits doesn't really change the average damage gains for critical hits. The variation is lower, which is kind of a mixed blessing (and not even terribly relevant for most of Rogue's skills anyways).

If they're even damage, I'd just go with whatever's cheaper to get superior-quality weapons. :9:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. This glitch only occurred with legacy weapons and has been patched in both kDnF and DFOG now. DOUBLE PIERCER MASTER RACE!

10. Syrion

how to even fit double piercer
    i already have like 4 skills on manual input

11. Veiss-Vorra Battle Maniac

IGN:
    Sansikara
    Guild:
    Virtue
    Server:
    Cain
    Thinking about dropping all the points i put into sword dance and putting them into either double piercer or diving arrow, since i barely use sword dance and can't see any use out of it with my Twin Sword build.

12. Vies Nies

IGN:
    See signature
    Guild:
    Underdogs
    Server:
    Cain
    Have you tried editing input commands? Some of them can be very clunky even on a keyboard.

13. Syrion

Yeah i have everything edited down to 1-2 inputs per skill
    There's also this next level thing you can do where you can assign an input to spacebar and then swap something in place of spacebar as your skill 2 to create a pseudo-hotkey

14. I have 12 skills on manual input in pvp. (Not including basic stuff like hit end and quick rebound)

Just gotta get used to it and make an efficient system.

15. Yoowy Anele

Guild:
    TheSilverPig GM
    Server:
    Cain
    Changed some stuff around cleaned up formatting :thief:

16. Yoowy Anele

Guild:
    TheSilverPig GM
    Server:
    Cain
    So hype Rogue 2nd awakening !!! :thief:

and a general look into Rogue HE skills

17. Syrion

18. Chimichurro Wild Trash

What are you guys using for shining's command? I feel like the default [v>] always takes me down on the y when I use it more than once.

19. Eltrick

IGN:
    Fesilia
    Server:
    Cain
    what should we be using for tainted gear other than hit end? just more damage on sonic assault or something? or is cooldown better at that point.

20. Yoowy Anele

Guild:
    TheSilverPig GM
    Server:
    Cain
    you can enchant c3 with hit end damage but this option isn't as good as c2 force hit end mainly cuz its additive with tainted pieces, while c2 pieces its multiplicative so i don't need to tell you which one is better ( c2 ) that's the reason force hit end is near par with some epic pieces along with modifiers to the TP skill for HE.

C3 tainted enchanted with HE is good filler till you find force hit end in c2

tl;dl C3 good filler with HE enchanted till you find C2 force hit end.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)