RNG Package Items

Discussion in 'Ranting & Venting' started by Racky, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Racky

I don't think this needs any explanation really. I didn't even bother rolling anything, i just went ahead and bought what i needed.

When I buy a package someone paid cera for it, possibly myself, it's likely for the title or pet. This title or pet is significantly stronger than any other non-cera title, which is fine as even f2p players can save up gold and get them. What isn't fine is how after spending 25 or even 30USD, often for 1 specific item, over half the time I have to deal with some form of RNG in the premium cera content I just bought. Then I have to deal with one of two types of RNG. a title/pet box that gives me a random item, even though past events and even the current event (bonus points!) possibly allow you select something (:confused: yall aint slick). The best part is how so often there's a clearly superior and more desirable option in the randomized box. So you luck out, get stuck with an inferior title/pet, go through the next form of RNG, or just buy more packages/RNG boxes.
    The other form of RNG is even worse, rerolling. Oh you didn't get the right pet/enchant? Don't worry you can just reroll again! Just invest milage/gold into buying rerolls! Thankfully it's (not yet?) Cera. You could get it next try! Or the next one....

Currently for Sleazy Wonderland it's like roughly 25 skills per class, multiplied by like 4 subclasses so about 1/100 to get the skill you want. That's 100 beads, not accounting for variance. Though if you want to be optimal it's that, but made a hundred times worse. AT THE SAME TIME if you want to be optimal, you need to roll +2, to your title AND on the right skill. Which is about 0.01% if +2 is the 1% chance it looks like it is. You aren't guaranteed a return either if you get +2, of a good skill, on the wrong title so it's not +3.

It's not a money grab thankfully, but it's still a gold sink. Yes when it comes down to min-maxing it gets expensive, but it's more meaningful tangible investments. Not RNG which can deny you until you run out of gold, or give you +2 first try. You have no idea if it's the next one, so it's very easy to play into the sunken cost fallacy on day one and drop _00mil (the sad part is I can't tell if they were serious or not). RNG sucks as a progression measure. It's different from Hell/anton/kiri which are sort of different and would require reworking significant systems. No this is COMPLETELY unnecessary. Thankfully it's not cera still, or like the latter type of "buy more packages!", but what do you even gain from this aside from angering a lot of people and draining the cash of any fool who didn't win the lottery? You already have gold sink events, good ones too, you literally just ran one. So why do you even do this? You mention you want people to be #antonready or whatever, then why do you prey on min-maxers and make optimization so unnecessarily complicated for no benefit?
    I don't understand. :confused:

2. Nani? timebomb

The one fucking buff I want and never see after 83 rolls in a row for even +1. Fuck you Neople.

3. Firaga

i'll never have a +3 essm title because they are in AH for 300m...

4. Enoch the Fierce Not male fighter

IGN:
    IfYouSeekAmy
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    I just settled for +1 because its futile. Ill have to lob another 200m for ESSM Plats

5. Firaga

i might just do this. i might also just settle for a +1 +1 khai instead of even thinking about +3 khai

6. Hova The Hero of Blue Flames

Server:
    Cain
    Basically this garbage isn't +3 titles, it's +3 titles for lucky and hyper rich and +2 titles for everyone else. Such bullshit.

7. Enoch the Fierce Not male fighter

IGN:
    IfYouSeekAmy
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    +1 skill isnt a game breaker

At least everyone is guaranteed +2 which what the TAO titles were selling for gorillions. I hope for guaranteed choice in the future though

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)