M. Gunner Revamped DMC3 dante ranger full conversion

Discussion in 'Releases' started by tooters, Jul 28, 2015.

1. tooters ◔◡◉

Guild:
    CHICKSwDICKS
    Server:
    Cain
    prev3.png
    New version here! http://dfonexus.com/threads/new-dmc3-dante-ranger-final-awakening.13937/

the sound mods work without any tampering, so feel free to skip this step if you only want to use music/voice mods.
    the image mods (avatars and anything image related) will require this extra step:
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure who made the first dante mod, but if anyone else knows lemme know.

I redid everything with crisper/more plentiful audio and cleaner sprites.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some previews

dmc3 intro:
    put in imagepacks
    put in soundpacks

Option 1: easy drag & drop files
    [​IMG]
    This will replace every skin with a completely merged dante.
    put in imagepacks
    VVVV *You will need hidden clothing files for these to show up properly* VVVV
    Option 2: (requires using dnfe)​
    [​IMG]
    This is all the clothing merged together, with the skin separate. This is to personalize yourself a bit more so not every m.gunner in the game looks like dante. I recommend swapping the file with your pants and hiding the rest of your set, that way when you come across players with avatars you have hidden, at least they'll have pants on right!?
    clothing with no skin download
    matching naked skin download

Option 3: (requires using dnfe)​
    [​IMG]
    This is every piece of avatar in it's raw un-merged form (except the pants&shoes, had to customize those while merged). This lets you be the only dante around if your avatars are unique enough.
    You'll have to get creative with which avatars you swap with, since there's 3 different coat files here, like swapping your belt with the jacket ect.
    zip of everything

Voice file:
    put in soundpacks

Skill effect sprites & audio:
    Sprites:
    larger revolver muzzle flash+ custom scud genocide + moving shot larger muzzle flash
    put in imagepacks
    put in imagepacks
    put in imagepacks

these will get rid of his cigarette. there's an option to turn off subclass cosmetics in-game as well, but this way you still get to see cosmetics on your other characters without going back and forth in the options menu.
    put in imagepack (no cigarette)
    put in imagepacks (no cigarette smoke)

Audio:
    these turn revolver shots into ebony and ivory shots from dmc3, and also turn scud genocide into ebony and ivory shots from DmC 5. The explosion at the end of scud genocide is the sound kablooey makes from DmC 5.
    put in soundpacks
    put in soundpacks

Ebony and Ivory revolver sprites:
    [​IMG] this is the only file from the original mod i havn't edited.
    put in imagepacks

Awakening cut-in:
    [​IMG]
    put in imagepacks

2nd awakening files
    [​IMG]
    still need to mess with it, but here's what i'm using right now:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/bzk1t5cy39hj1f8/sprite_character_gunner_effect_cutin(1_dante).NPK
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/rqdi4tn5pvrw502/sounds_char_gunner(2_dante_early).npk
    put the sound file along side the main dante sound file, don't delete anything.

more stuff comming~

All files are very compatible with other mods, just make sure other mods have a (2) at the end, for example the awakening cut-in will ONLY affect the ranger awakening.

• Like Like x 4
    • Artistic Artistic x 4
    • List
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  2. mundus

I love u NO HOMO... The dummy files are not on that mega upload link though

3. Saint

It's beautiful! Any updates on the alucard mod or is it just on hold due to busy schedules?

4. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
  5. tooters ◔◡◉

Guild:
    CHICKSwDICKS
    Server:
    Cain
    sorry i should have checked the link first >.<
    i'm getting back to it today.
    thanks man =)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. bluzen

Now if there were only a Trish/Lady mod for female launcher :(

7. tooters ◔◡◉

Guild:
    CHICKSwDICKS
    Server:
    Cain
    man i gotta get off dfo for a few days and play that new dmc4 special. Are the ladies as fun as dante/vergil?

thought i'd share how the avatars were made~
    this is also how those fan made slayer/gunner 2nd awakening avatars were made.
    [​IMG]

8. mundus

Sht man that was painstaking work

9. constraint dicks

IGN:
    Constraint
    Guild:
    [Noon]
    Server:
    Cain
    do i gotta do something for the revolver sprites? i put it in imagepacks2 but the sprites werent replaced.

10. tooters ◔◡◉

Guild:
    CHICKSwDICKS
    Server:
    Cain
    is that the only sprite that isn't showing up, or is it all sprite mods?
    if it's all sprites you need to deny permissions in the npkindex file:
    the sound mods work without any tampering, so feel free to skip this step if you only want to use music/voice mods.
    the image mods (avatars and anything image related) will require this extra step:
    [​IMG]
    once that's done, just use mods like you normally would.

***this may cause an error the next time the game tries patching an update. just undo this step and the client should continue the updates without issue. remember to re-do the steps to get mods working again. (thnx jojo)***
    if you're trying to use them on a female gunner, they won't show up cuz that's a different file.
    if you messed with the suffix at the end of the file it could be getting overwritten by the patcher/ have a lower load priority than an already existing revolver mod you may have.
    if it's none of these then you might be putting the mod in the wrong directory. if you were around for alpha testing, that directory isn't used anymore.

11. constraint dicks

IGN:
    Constraint
    Guild:
    [Noon]
    Server:
    Cain
    thats the only one that i want replaced and thats the only one i downloaded. straight up dropped it in imagepacks2. ill try denying permission w/e that is lmao

12. constraint dicks

IGN:
    Constraint
    Guild:
    [Noon]
    Server:
    Cain
    that did it. thanks breh.

13. tooters ◔◡◉

Guild:
    CHICKSwDICKS
    Server:
    Cain
    it's 100% required to make any sprite mods show up.
    no probs

14. bluzen

15. tooters ◔◡◉

Guild:
    CHICKSwDICKS
    Server:
    Cain
    aw for real? ah well i'm hyped anyways.

i forgot to mention creecree posted this dmc5 combo style mod a while back, if anyone's interested~
    and toone has the dmc4 style
    [​IMG]
    http://purpledragonmods.x10host.com/index.php/blog/2015/03/devil-may-cry4-complete-interface-mod
    (havn't tested those files so sorry in advance if there's any problems)

anyone have 2nd awakening cut-in ideas? i'm still brainstorming so speak now or forever use whatever i come up with.

16. mundus

dante devil trigger would be cool if you could pull it off

17. tooters ◔◡◉

Guild:
    CHICKSwDICKS
    Server:
    Cain
    for the animated cut scene? or have dante actually go into devil trigger during the skill?
    i'm glad i asked now lol.... getting some ideas.....

18. mundus

i was thinkn cut in lol, but i kno u a work some magic somewhere lol.

19. Toter how i merge the skin and the full clothing set without skin,because i don't wanna see other players with my skin downloading the easy and drop file.

20. tooters ◔◡◉

Guild:
    CHICKSwDICKS
    Server:
    Cain
    check out the dnfe guide for the drop menu function pictures.
    make a copy of the pants & skin npk's, then add a (1 or whatever you want) to the copies:
    sprite_character_gunner_equipment_avatar_pants(1).NPK
    sprite_character_gunner_equipment_avatar_skin(1).NPK

open up the skin, find your skin color and use the swap function to replace it with dantes skin.
    open the pants file, find your pants and swap it with dante's clothing file.
    then make copies of all the other clothing files, find what you're wearing in them, and use the hide function on them so they don't overlap dante's clothing.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)