Reasons why I'm quitting. Warning: lots of words!

Discussion in 'Ranting & Venting' started by Grandarex, Oct 30, 2016.

1. karanji

I've walked away from this game multiple times since I played Arad Senki over VPN years ago.

I agree with every one of your points. Especially the RNG loot system / RNG everything, which is such a "F-You" Asia based slot machine. It really pisses me off, but with all the give-a-ways, if you can pace yourself, you can leverage events, and still enjoy the game.

Let us know when you find the better / similar game. Double Dragon mixed with Diablo is so nice... someone should be able to nail it eventually :)

2. Zerobeat ¬ヘ¬

The art freebies you did for my NXfo characters are something nice to remember you by.

Burst damage meta is ass tho, I don't really enjoy watching it because you can never tell whats going on and it doesn't tell you anything about how the class plays or any gimmicks at all.
    I think the best way I'd put it would describe why I find monster hunter speedruns a lot more interesting: I want to see how you can capitalize ALL of your openings, not just find an opening and then kill it instantly.
    I'm not particularly keen on the way raid punishes one person's mistake (or connection related issue) by killing the entire party. It adds to that alienation of bringing in new raid runners, since that's going to be their primary fear and then they'll get blacklisted forever probably. I understand that That Is A Thing That Raids Do in Other MMOs, but I find that those kinds of deals are the result of someone not pulling their weight, rather than the result of someone failing to stop attacking or something. There's a necessity for a unconventional raid design due to this game not having classic MMO roles, but then again, a lot of non-3D action MMOs have to deal with this.

Well, good luck, let's hope the next experience you find will be more enjoyable!

3. MetalBatKun

IGN:
    IHealDaCrew
    Server:
    Cain
    Yes, a fellow monster hunter player!

4. dont really agree with the implication of point 3, that Neople is treating DFOG as only a translation job. they might be few in number but by god they're trying to do something to cater to us, at least by whatever power their small department has. people complain about hell mode rng, so they give us a truckload of free epic frags. people complain about quest legendary grind and they give us legendary boxes. people complain about the lack of regular legendaries, LTs get random legendary boxes (which i hope they do again). people complain about OV grind, bam, free OV set for everyone.

they can't overhaul the game like Nexon of Korea can, but goddamn, you gotta give them credit for trying. i wouldn't have even bothered to start grinding fir 6 pc gracia before free legendary boxes were a thing, and i probably would've quit DFO myself.

5. Grandarex sure

I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding.

Yes, I do agree that the DFOG neople folks are doing a fantastic job for how small they are. All the events so far have been really good at giving us free stuff... and who doesn't like free stuff?

What I'm trying to point at is the very fact that Neople has decided to assign such a small team in the first place to both host and service a supposedly global project.

With that said, I stand by what I said about DFOG Neople doing only translation and delivering - because it's all they can do. DFOG's main purpose is Neople's company name padding; they can now legitimately say that they operate a successful game that people play 'Globally'. If they truly cared about how well DFOG did, they would've done some serious overhaul of AT LEAST the p2p connection to actually cater to, you know, everyone playing DFOG.

6. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    The problem with global is the actual population is still like a tiny fraction of china and koreas despite service the rest of the world. I refuse to believe they still have the few number from 2015 i mean i see package sales everywhere and neople should at least pimp global back

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  7. Grandarex sure

That's backwards logic when it comes to business.
    Rational person doesn't blame lack of customers for unsuccessful business. They blame what they might be doing wrong that led to lack of customers.
    To put it simply, DFOG has small population because it's a game that copy pasted formula that doesn't work well on western soil, and neople aren't going to bother putting any effort into changing any of that.

8. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    No shade, but id rather dfog be small and tightly knit than to pander to the western audience. Two of my favorite series like diablo and sims are already ruined by modern western philosophy on gaming.

Dfo is fundamentally a niche game on the RPG genre and RPGs arent really hot at the moment

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  9. Grandarex sure

I think Diablo 3's biggest failure stems from such impossible hype and expectation set by incredible success of Diablo 2... cuz D3 is a good game by itself. I can't say anything about sims though, since I never really played them 'cept for this one time where I made my own guantanamo bay.
    Anyway, that's a whole different discussion for another time.

I don't think DFO needs huge overhaul to the core game. It just needs better connection method that isn't P2P, and a better way to acquire end game gear. I've played various farming/grind intensive games before, such as Warframe, Path of Exile, Diablo 2 and 3, The Division, etc and hit endgame on all of those. But DFO definitely takes the cake when it comes to the most frustrating method of acquiring endgame gears.

But hey, if you enjoy seeing people DC in raid and dumping 30m worth of DCs per day in hell mode to get nothing, more power to ya.

10. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    I somewhat enjoy Diablo 3, but its os easy to get done with the game. You can get the BIS gear in less than a week.

What i don't like about DFO is how it pushes everyone around to be decked in full epics.

11. yeah, it's pretty obvious the superiors of MJ, Danjun, Gerri et al. really don't give a shit about the game other than it existing. but truly fixing the game to not have a shitty connection is not going to happen, barring a sequel to DFO in Korea that's actually planned for a proper release overseas, which i don't think is likely. gaming companies in East Asia in general seem to be of the mentality that if you're western, you can go fuck yourself.

it's like all the dead content with spaghetti code in RuneScape that nobody can fix because the person or people who made it probably don't work at Jagex anymore.

me personally, i'm still going to play this game because apparently i like cancer. case in point; The Division got more boring to me after 1.4 dropped recently (which universally made the game easier), and the only thing that gets a rise out of me in GTA Online nowadays are griefers with fighter jets repeatedly blowing me up.

12. Grandarex sure

Absolutely.
    If all the gripe I have with this game was something that could be fixed in the foreseeable future, I would've stayed. But I know with 100% certainty that even this 'feedback' will fall on deaf ears. So I'm cutting my losses and moving on.

But yeah, you seem to have a very, uhh, unique taste in games. The Division's 1.4 is widely considered the saving grace of the game. Would you say you enjoyed 1.3 more than 1.4?

13. i'm not going to say i suck at tactics as i've played other Tom Clancy games before, like GRAW2 and the older Rainbow Six and Splinter Cell games (and wasn't a total scrub at them), but i liked being able to brute force stuff with raw stats. 1.4 seems to have brought out all the calladoody bumrushers from the woodwork, and it's really fucking annoying to me. they also ruined all the support setups, so i can't carry these bumrushers.

about the "unique" taste in video games, yeah, i'm a fucking masochist when it comes to gaming difficulty. i play fighting games for fuck's sake, masochism is kind of a requirement. if EVE Online wasn't a subscription game and if i didn't hate space sci-fi in general i would've moved on to that game, so i guess the closest thing i'm gonna get is GTA Online.

14. Fishman465 Most Opinionated WM in NA

IGN:
    Fishman465
    Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    I see the cumbersome endgame method to be a sign of its age as for all the bad that could be said of Elsword, some parts of it is actually better than DFO, such as endgame gearing (not by a lot, but it's easer to get an alt set up) I don't think comparing DFO to say a "rock V" era Rocky Balgola would be inaccurate (still good, but age and its mistakes are slowly taking its toll)

Honestly, I take things at my own pace as I see the pain that happens when someone tries to be on the cutting edge.

As for the other remark, they can adjust some things (the expanded DER rewards), but yeah no signs of being able to fix the P2P issue.

Not sure if the opposite is better, and that acknowledges the fact that their target playerbase doesn't have asian-tier tolerance for grinding.

Though the second point is a worrisome thing, considering how marginalized OV sets are these days in many ways (some still have notable ones), or the imbalance of legendary sets. "Gear>Skill" is not something DFO wants to do as it's more or les the breaking point for its players.

15. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Don't mind the leg sets but Gracia is only the reliable one and not all classes can use it.

16. Jouv

IGN:
    Jouv
    Guild:
    Signify
    Server:
    Cain
    Agreed with most of the points.. but for me I oddly enjoy the grind in this game.

17. ElderGOD

A lot of players feel this way:

1) Game used to be fun when it was still 40 cap (aside from the long 25-27 grind and having to jump x with ele for that goblin in floating castle), before storm pass came out the last dungeon was second spine. The game was more about combos. There were no pets, insignias, etc. You had only normal avatars (no advanced/rare, no emblems) which people would sell in shops for only 75k gold. Now the game really did degrade to just mashing dps after hold. Recent kDnF Soul Bender changes just make it worse, Zieg is no longer controllable summon and the class is now just another brain dead dps, just like when Elemental Bomber lost its uniqueness when elemental shield lost its special abilities (as did magic ball and cf getting nerfed to the ground). The fun from doing combos is dead in PvE so only PvP is left, but that's dead due to awful net code. The game also used to be fun because you weren't forced to do anything and could do whatever you wanted to do. Now the game degraded to just doing raid and running hells, which interferes with real life because you can only run it once per character and only on a set three days. Other games are more flexible and you can do it whenever you want with your friends.

2) This is the main reason why people hate DFO. The game is not fair for endgame and not balanced, so why bother when there are other games that actually reward effort? I experienced this too so many times. I spent over 700,000 demon invites on weapon master and he still sucks meanwhile someone in my guild got cata and balmung on his weapon master within his 500 free invites from hitting 85. I don't really like my SM so I only spent like 300k invites and she is almost all full epics. This discrimination towards my weapon master really sucks.
    Raid is also RNG. You have someone on DFO that got two usable saviors their first two days of raid meanwhile raid captains in kdnf that have been doing it since it came out still don't have it. The game is just a lottery and there is no point of spending real money on just a virtual lottery.

3) Agree here as well, we are chained to what kdnf does, though I do think that the DFOG team is doing a lot to help our version.

With the release of DFO seasonal server next week, it might be one of the final nails in the coffin for this game. One of the reasons why I don't play games like Path of Exile is because I don't have time to start a league and then it ends and I have to start from scratch. One of the best parts of DFO is that you make progress and it is saved.

All of that aside, if you ignore the need to get BiS and do endgame and just make and play whichever class you want, DFO is still a fun game worth playing. I will still spend money on non-RNG things like avatars for looks, inventory expansion, etc, but won't give a cent for anything RNG related such as lost treasures.

I hope before quitting you make a feedback ticket with Neople and also link your video showing what you had such as you disassembling your +11 ampd dethroned.

Your post deserves a clap:

18. the thing that's sad about the whole "every class becoming braindead dps" thing is that i think that's what people actually want. the RPG elements prevail over the fighting game/beat-em-up elements. every time i tell someone i play DFO full manual at all times unless the default inputs are ass, i always get surprised reactions. also, i've already seen enough infighting in the guild i'm in (SRK) between anyone who remotely likes pvp and the flip side of the coin, which is people who can't be assed to figure out how ↓→+Z works. it's pretty ugly.

19. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    No one really cared about balance in PvE much until Neople implemented mobs that only had few seconds of vulnerability.

20. Fishman465 Most Opinionated WM in NA

IGN:
    Fishman465
    Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    I suspect it's what Nexon KR/more casual Koreans want. Though the enroachment of MMO elements over the beat'em up ones will be the 'death' of the game. It may live on after that point, but to the fans that came to know and love it, it'll be some unholy existence. And the tendency going its current course/speed began with Anton; the way it was done basically pushed the MMO traits hard.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)