Raid Megathread - Anton

Discussion in 'Raid' started by Mormolycia, Sep 7, 2016.

1. elol111

IGN:
    ElOL, 4Nature
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    lol it's not bad at all, it's good. That ranger can do 10 man sell party with that gear

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Cit. Needed Cit. Needed x 1
    • List
  2. Eurasia

Am I wrong in my understanding that freeze/superhold doesn't reset Egene's hit count, unless he's hit right as he was about to charge? In which case he's prevented from charging and thus the count is reset.

Also, is there a difference between a physical vs a magical party from a boss' point of view?

3. QueenyPie Endless torment flavor.

IGN:
    LucyBell
    Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    Welp, went into a fairly decent looking pub; decent picks, though I was a bit afraid at first due to the weird organization of the parties. Still, we cleared phase 1...with 28 seconds left.
    Party 1 was yet another "can do boats and ONLY boats" party, party 2 had a troll f grap, and party 3 didn't seem to have much better damage than boats. We ended up having to restart because party 2 couldn't clear BG A. Phase 2 was a nightmare: syncing took over 10 mins (the first sign things are going to fail), black volcano generator went back up (2nd sign), and then nobody could get egene to low health in over 20 mins (final nail in the coffin).

Least I met some nice people; perhaps from here, we can take the pieces of this pub and turn into a bitchin static party....but probably not.

4. KEKEKEKKEE fk

IGN:
    ShitPlayer
    From my experience in pugs, it's generally not worth it to sync egene because some parties take too long and egene might heal. I would just do energy and then do infested then do energy and tell parties to continue energy till volcano opens.

5. QueenyPie Endless torment flavor.

IGN:
    LucyBell
    Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    I tried to tell our captain that, but they were set on syncing; doesn't matter, I don't know how far our BV party got before shield booted back up, and it would have almost certainly gone back up again even if we got it down a 2nd time.

6. The Winged Professor だが断る!

I don't know if it resets the count, but a hold can interrupt Eugene from charging and it can interrupt bait attempts. And doing holds in general make getting enough multi hits take longer. In that room unless you're the designated person going for bait the only thing you should be doing is standing above or below him and multi hitting from there until he charges. And if someone is designated to bait you should not attack at all until you see they succeeded or failed at baiting.

Many times I've gone for bait, said I would in the room before, and then someone starts immediately swinging in the room which messes up the bait attempt.

7. QueenyPie Endless torment flavor.

IGN:
    LucyBell
    Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    Well...so...you know what the worst failure is? Not one from lag, from low damage, from idiots. The worst failure is when someone makes a bad decision, and you fail despite the fact EVERYTHING is in your favor. This was looking to be a crushing success, we had so much time, our p1 (which was a bunch of people in chrons), was about to clear BV. How did we fail? Spent 20 mins waiting for 1 party to get 2 clears. It's depressing, because in any other situation, you realize there was no chance to win; here, there was no chance to lose...and we still lost.

• Burn Heal Burn Heal x 5
    • List
  8. Sanshou fite me irl!!! (งㅇㅅㅇ)ง

IGN:
    Lats
    Server:
    Cain
    lagged with one or maybe both my party members today. couldn't even hit the anton heart, just kept punching air. after a full minute guildies were like "lmao who tf still hasn't cleared heart yet?" "rofl rip party 4" "ANTON HEART OP"

[​IMG]

• Burn Heal Burn Heal x 2
    • List
  9. momochuu smarmy ass bitch

IGN:
    Unconcerned
    Guild:
    Signify
    Server:
    Cain
    get bullied :baxter:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Burn Burn x 1
    • List
  10. The Winged Professor だが断る!

There was a party like that today. Honestly, if one party is taking too long to do anything what might be better is treating them like customers and cycling those people into other parties so they can get 2 clears.

11. QueenyPie Endless torment flavor.

IGN:
    LucyBell
    Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    unfortunately, the problem was more that they were lagging, which meant there was a good chance they would lag us, and that wouldn't help anyone. Team 4 taking so long resulted in team 1 being strained too much and losing all tokens stalling mateka. What made it worse is that this wasn't a problem during phase 1: my team was the one with lag issues, but they ultimately got resolved. We didn't have a damage problem (we didn't have the buff), lag was otherwise not a raid killer, and everyone knew what they were doing.

Let this be a lesson: if you have to choose between some people not getting reward and nobody getting a reward...pick the former.

12. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    at that pnt i will choose to clear. I am not losing a raid reward because one party was unable to do the job. If you are a raid captain, you want 19 ppl complaining to you or you want 4 ppl complaining.
    Things like that happen all the time in dnf and they argue about it in btwn the phases a lot.

13. Holypie

Why not just set a hard time limit for getting your clears? Something like if there's 5 min left in the phase or energy at the barrier hits 90%, we're just going to clear to prevent everyone else from getting screwed over. If you don't have 2 clears by then, sorry.

14. The Winged Professor だが断る!

Though some of the problem would be with leadership for putting together a dead weight party, but even then clearing two hatch and two battleground is not that difficult.

15. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    If you are lagging pretty bad like he was saying they were. No amounts of fire power can help you if you can't hit them.

16. Holypie

I think in that case the person lagging should cut their losses and leave so at least 19 people can clear. Unless they're like the only damage in the party in which case you're kind of fucked.

17. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    unfortunately, not everyone thinks that way. some ppl have the mindset of if i can't get it, noone should.

18. Holypie

Yeah of course that's only in an ideal situation. Probably for statics but definitely not pubs.

19. klvkboom xNix

Wait, if you were lagging, and we both decided to go with DG synergy for this run, you're saying I was the only one dealing with non-cata SST dmg on the heart?

And this whole time I just thought we were slow because we entered late as a party of 3 ._.

20. momochuu smarmy ass bitch

IGN:
    Unconcerned
    Guild:
    Signify
    Server:
    Cain
    Kill the failures.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)