Raid Megathread - Anton

Discussion in 'Anton Raid' started by Mormolycia, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Mormolycia Administrator

Server:
    Cain
    Post anything related to raid here.

1: No spamming. This also means that responding with just an emote and/or image will not be tolerated. Add context to your posts and make it meaningful. A short response along with an emote is fine, though. This also means responding/posting.
    2: Please direct Anton-related drops to the "What I got" thread and Non-Raid / General DFO Discussion related posts to their respective threads in General Discussion.

Please report any broken rules instead of encouraging with further spam.

Unlike the DFO Megathreads, this thread will not be replaced after a number of posts.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2016
  2. Eurasia

As a witch main, I'm concerned about what's called the anti-hold gimmicks in raid. How does it work, and how would it affect my play?

Other than higher hp/damage, anti-hold and extra challenges from failed black smoke/hatcheries, what can I expect raid to be different from normal anton?

3. momochuu smarmy ass bitch

IGN:
    Unconcerned
    Guild:
    Signify
    Server:
    Cain
    I'm nervous and also excited about raid. We've been hearing horror stories about this for years and getting ready for it, and its finally here. I'm just really curious how big of a difference the higher HP makes.

4. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    Is there any english and up to date guide about the raid available? The most information I find is from 2014-2015 and I don't know how many changes it went under through the time being in kdnf. I believe some of the gimmicks from normal anton exist in it but varied up, along with more dungeons. I'm also unclear about the set up of entering/clearing them.

tl;dr: found some short explanations, but guide plz?

5. Space Fish Fishstick Van Platin

Server:
    Cain
    None that the creator seems to want around right now.
    There was one going around a few days ago, but it was removed because the (original?) creator wanted it taken down (going by the apology on that page).

We'll see how that goes, I guess.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  6. NthMetal

IGN:
    GBot
    Guild:
    CuteMages
    Did Mike ever make an anton raid thesis? I don't mean general stuff, like the specifics.
    Like how nerbe used to do two energy balls from the left/right then two from up/down, but in raid he does four from left/right/up/down, then four from diagonals.
    That sorta thing.

7. Bladester

Yunha as well as various other people here who play KDnF have said that Raid is pretty easy compared to what it was like when it first came out (IIRC, it's been nerfed twice?) so momochuu should probably do well. It'll just take some adjusting

8. Jetstream ( ≖‿≖)

IGN:
    Smoqueed
    Server:
    Cain
    Just keep in mind things like class balances and second awakenings for some classes didn't exist back then.

9. Save 4 Less TWENTY TWO

IGN:
    Malyx
    Server:
    Cain
    Raid was also initially released before they did the first Epic Revamp, so a lot of Epics weren't even as strong as they are currently in DFOG.

10. BlackDawn Fuck JavaScript

IGN:
    BlackPaladin
    Steam:
    Dankerinos
    Guild:
    VagrantEX, Auxilium
    Server:
    Cain
    Not only that but they whacked raid with a bunch of nerfs.
    Remember that retarded Eugene status effect gimmick?

11. Dice Dragon Unofficial Sader main

IGN:
    LittleBobs
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    its funny cause all the people decked in full epics are just gonna nuke everything but volcano instantly and be like :why:

Yall way 2 strong for this shit!

12. Necrofancy Blame Blob™

IGN:
    You already know!
    Server:
    Cain
    Anti-hold mechanics are the same as they are in Normals.
    Keep in mind one of the nerfs instituted Anti-Hold mechanics, because, at that point, the low-end meta for raid had basically completely devolved into DPS classes and permaholders with 100% CD holds. This is what led to Flauncher with 6pc annhilation and permahold Fgrappler/DT being a core part of low-end parties, and a large swath of classes being absolutely useless because they couldn't permahold or out-DPS a completely stationary target compared to some 6 or 9pc chron settings.

Nowadays in kDnF, any class can clear with non-epic settings, epic settings can blow up raid, so it's easier in that regard. But there's practically always been a class/setup combination which let people push their buttons in raid with one hand in chronicle gear while masturbating furiously with the other hand.

13. Jormungandr

IGN:
    Indignate
    Server:
    Cain
    I have a quick question regarding the time penalty on phase 1. Once black smoke is cleared 4 times, Battlefield A/B, Leg A/B, and Naval open up and there's penalties on not clearing smoke and naval in time. Does the time limit for those penalties start when you enter the dungeon or from when they spawn/respawn?

14. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    when the dungeon spawns, the countdown starts

15. KEKEKEKKEE fk

IGN:
    ShitPlayer
    I wish people would be more specific when making a post looking for members. I feel a post should include at least include dmg type(physical/magical) and map(smoke,naval,leg,etc) and please post the current party comp ;I want to see what I am potentially getting into.

16. Space Fish Fishstick Van Platin

Server:
    Cain
    There's the reset.
    Time for pain.

17. Tate ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬

Limitless claims the first clear. Grats.

First Savior weapon gotten too.
    [​IMG]

LIFTING GOT AGNES STONE LOL

18. Ansegisel

IGN:
    Teresa, Ansegisel
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    [​IMG]
    2nd clear.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Dun

It was pretty shocking right off when full duration drill could barely kill trash mobs on first room. Tons of fun nevertheless, definitely looking forward to more raid actions in the afternoon on alts :)

20. Dalmane

I know. Regular Swat was barely 1 shotting trash mobs with Mermaid's on. lol

Congrats to all of you! That time though.:gootecks:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)