Question about dark gothic and epic asseccories

Discussion in 'Vagabond' started by Lifting, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    I guess it's w/e will drop for.me I have flare devil atm but obviously not good enough I got yin 3 times already lol

2. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    Oh i was under the impression that you already had the byeol lol. Flare devil isn't really THAT bad. The additional elemental dmg is good but you just cant really rely on it :(

3. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    The dream is real but I still got 4k invites left let's pray I get yang or byeol and a katana for pvp

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  4. madchickins Flesh

I get that having 10% hit rate is fine with any class, and the sader gives 20% or more. But because byeol has a penalty of reducing 30% of your stats i just don't know what would be a good number to aim for. As of right now for most content, i have 18% hit rate and only suffer the byeol penalty on certain maps such as grandine powerplant. Otherverse seems fine, regular ancient dungeons seems fine... but will raid be fine? I'll test it on true ancients tonight when i get home, the weapon is still fairly new in my possession and i dont use it since its extremely weak at the moment and doesnt work with critical hits.

edit: oh and flare devil is pretty strong actually, the dps compares to relatively the same as Ganjang in our current version. So obtaining a Ganjang right now won't really make you that much stronger but i guess its to future proof yourself. I use Ganjang and i also own a flare, and i must say Flare devil actually does more damage when i have 150+ fire dmg. So after epic revamp when ganjang gets a bonus +15 percent crit dmg increase, you'll prob need about 200+ fire dmg to outweigh ganj alone.

5. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    You know if you have a petit pet that gives crit or even assassin blade ring it cancels the -30% crit reduction. The game takes highest value over lowest and cancles the lowest like it dosent exist but when we get the rework of the weapon they remove the crit reduction from it

6. madchickins Flesh

yes, sorry i deleted my other post cuz the format turned out weird, i'll repost it again.
    In this thread i've done testing with the petit pet: http://www.dfonexus.com/threads/berserker-general-discussion.11/page-42
    I quote from light:
    So yea i've tested it with petit pet, Byeol is just bugged to shits in our version.

7. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    Even so we get all the reworks in january and thats just right around the corner with that byeol gets the -30% crit removed

8. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    so then what would be the best epic accessories set for vagabond?

9. Necrofancy Blame Blobâ„¢

IGN:
    You already know!
    Server:
    Cain
    Byeollungum doesn't have the Critical Smash disclaimer on the -30% crit mod, so I don't even know where the Crit Smash thing comes in.

I can only see a few times where not letting the occasional miss/stuck ride wouldn't be just dandy:
    1. Missing a grabconfirm, typically losing your entire grab's holding+damage, and frequently getting punished by mobs while you're stuck in an animation, or failed to prevent some attack from going through.
    2. Missing a big single-hit nuke and having to run another rotation of skills because of it.
    3. Stat penalty for Byeollungum on missing.
    Vagabonds have a fair amount of grabs/moves needing a hitconfirm, and some kinda-big singlehits, and can use Byeo, so I can definitely see it being an annoyance if something fails to land.

Is it worth cutting up your Shadow Resist stacking on Dark Gothic? Probably not. Is it a concern when you're running without a Sader? Certainly can be on some classes.

Like kath said, just wait for configuration set to come out? It'll be better/more reliable than other options for your Dark Gothic set.

10. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    What about compared to byeol? and since ima vagabond what if I get bulmung and I gain that 60% boost

11. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    elemental additional dmg is no joke. byeol will be better obviously because its not a % chance to do additional dmg and just a flat dmg increase.

They are all good choices with balmung being obv the best especially after changes are made to vagas to make LS better than what it is now in dfo. I would stop worrying about the "IF" and think about what is better if you happen to find the said weapons.

12. MysticShadow Mystipedia

IGN:
    MysticNebula/Vecilia
    Guild:
    CuteMages
    Server:
    Cain
    Hey I was curious about this. What stops you from using it depending on the party?

13. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    you can break witch machines (collider most importantly), kill summoner summons, break nen guards, break black mirror, be stuck INSIDE the black mirror, kill exo amulets, kill exo dog, etc etc. the list goes on and on.

Also not to mention cera toys are very useful in anton raid. (be status immune for 10 sec) since you can die from burn and kill your other party very fast. What happens when you use that when you are using the neck? You are not confused anymore for 10 sec which means your keys you binded backwards to play with confusion are now back to normal. so you have to play backward keys for 10 sec until you are confused again. Not to mention, you LOSE the 20% extra dmg when you are not confused when you use a cera toy. Weird things also happen when you are in a status immune state when the confuse duration refreshes. (i.e. during astral storm, my keys will go backwards since i cant be confused in that state)
    When you also die is a problem. the first 5 sec you are not confused which makes things kind of a pain when you are at a certain part in raid where you can keep wiping over and over.

I have used it a few times in raid and most of the time be perfectly fine. But it's only about a 4% dmg increase over the 3pc anton acc with sader (without counting the lucky skill reset procs at the right time from the amnesia ring which was nerfed) and i don't need the extra dmg in raid and in my personal opinion it is not worth the hassle. If you can melt raid monsters with ridiculous gear i'm sure it's not a big deal but even with my gear i don't "melt" enemies

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. MysticShadow Mystipedia

IGN:
    MysticNebula/Vecilia
    Guild:
    CuteMages
    Server:
    Cain
    Yeah the Toy part makes sense. But how does it break all these skills? Just poor coding?

15. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    it's because you are "confused". confusion allows you to attack your own/ally summons.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. MysticShadow Mystipedia

IGN:
    MysticNebula/Vecilia
    Guild:
    CuteMages
    Server:
    Cain
    Ohh, wow. I had no idea. Thanks!

17. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    Yea I had no idea of this to so im guessing building around assassin blade is best choice here

18. madchickins Flesh

Byeol after rework? no idea. Byeol now? any epic is better than byeol right now. Just consider Byeol as an effectless lv 85 zanbato epic that lowers ur hit rate and has a chance to penalize your stats when you miss lmao.

19. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    True hope
    true hopefully I get a chance to snag a yang then and pyromancer bracelet

20. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    Is the submarine volcano set better then dark gothic? I am not really liking this set bonus that much but I heard you can hit +450 fire damage though if that 5% takes effect

Fullset Bonus:
    Getting hit reduce your Water Resist by 20 for 20s (20s CD)
    Attacks have a 5% chance to reduce your Water Resist by 20% for 10s (stack 5 times)
    Attacks have a 20% chance to inflict 20% additional Fire Damage.
    While Fire Damage is 100 or above, attacks have a 10% chance to cast some skill on all mobs on the screen (not sure what the skill is) (20s CD)

Gain the following stats based on your Water Resist stat:
    Water Resist 51-100: Fire Damage +25, Fire Resist +7
    Water Resist 31-50: Fire Damage +40, Fire Resist +25
    Water Resist 30 or less: Fire Damage +70, Fire Resist +40

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)