Question about dark gothic and epic asseccories

Discussion in 'Vagabond' started by Lifting, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    I just got the 5 piece set for this and I was wondering how it is on a vagabond? Should I use a card to add inflict shadow damage to yang or the other 85 zanbato?? And looking at the epic accessories I can't tell which set is best on her but I'm assuming assassin blade ring and pyromancer bracelet and the other necklace

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  2. Ansegisel

IGN:
    Teresa, Ansegisel
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Dark gothic is extremely good for classes that can use shadow damage like vagabond. Byeol is a better zan when using dark gothic. Refined amnesia set would be the best epic accessory set when using dark gothic. You also can get the 3 piece anton legendary accessories when anton comes out.

3. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    Should I Enchant shadow damage to the zanbato?

4. Ansegisel

IGN:
    Teresa, Ansegisel
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Either that or use cube contract. If you are enchanting Byeol with shadow inflict, you need to make sure that you have enough hit rate from other sources like emblems.

5. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    I thought that stacking damage only takes the highest value or is that only for specific sets that say so cause byeol gives +50% attack damage and the set for amnesia gives 20% but I could be wrong. like how assassin blade ring counters the -30% crit lose on Byeol and dosent reduce it. But I guess the confusion and passive that vaga has would be helpful to get those stat boosts

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  6. Ansegisel

IGN:
    Teresa, Ansegisel
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    The set 20% is elenore effect but the necklace is smash. I wasn't thinking about byeol conflicting with amensia set so I guess the anton legendary accessories are better or mix accessories with assassin's blade ring.

7. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    yea thats why i was thinking of getting pyromancer bracelet since it gets reworked I guess the amnesia necklace would be best to since it confuses you and your passive removes it and buffs you but I havent seen any of the anton legendary sets is there a link anywhere?

8. MysticShadow Mystipedia

IGN:
    MysticNebula/Vecilia
    Guild:
    CuteMages
    Server:
    Cain
    These are the stats for Anton Acc:

9. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    first of all, Pre revamp dark gothic is basically garbage.

Also, the amnesia set is NOT the best set up to use with dark gothic. Post revamp, you need to obtain 300 resist to get the maximum benefit from dark gothic and that is no easy task. Especially when the refined amnesia set has MINUS 23 resist as a part of the set bonus. The 3pc anton acc once you get once anton comes out is the best set to go along with the gothic.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have both in kdnf. Now, don't get me wrong the amnesia set is a good set however the confusion really gets in the way when you are doing raid. It caused more headaches than not in raid so I stopped using it and have been using 3pc anton acc for a while now.

Also you do NOT need to enchant your weapon to shadow dmg. Why would you need to enchant inflict shadow dmg to your weapon? Did you even bother reading the set effect? or looked into what it does after revamp? The set GIVES inflict shadow dmg to all of your party members. Now I understand its 20/30 pre revamp but it becomes 30/30 after revamp
    When dark gothic becomes not garbage, they will also have removed the -crit dmg part from byeol.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    The confusion could be beneficial though on a vagabond cause the passive removes it and buffs you at the same time. But that -resistance could be a bit of a problem that's why I was thinking of mixing something with my assassin's blade ring. That anton set buff is actually pretty nice might have to consider getting that when it releases

11. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    yeah. that passive does get reworked later tho so you don't have to be hit by abnormal status to get the bonus. If you have an assassin ring, you can couple it with some legendary accs. But keep in mind gothic is not very impressive at all atm so idk if you want to invest in some legendaries to support gothic right now.

Also keep in mind, depending on your party composition you wont be able to use the confuse neck sometimes. And in raid you will not be able to use cera toys which makes the runs alot more of a pain to do unless you have super strong chars in your party. That is based off of my own personal experience with the amnesia set

12. madchickins Flesh

how do you plan on making up for loss hitrate (-15%) from byeol if you enchant shadow on it? Isn't optimal hitrate in raid tier about +20%? Idk if vagas even have a passive mastery to overcome this

13. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    I'm not sure maybe using gold emblums or cards if anyone has any suggestions on how to over come this -15% hitrate and that's if I even ever get the weapon another question what if I get yang instead or even bulmung then what?

14. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    who told you that 20% hit rate is needed?
    there is a 8% hit rate enchant you can put on wpn. preferably you don't want to invest in hit rate emblems since you need different ones for dark gothic.

15. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    What do you mean by diffrent emblums needed for dark gothic?? Wouldent you just stack crit attack speed and hit rates for blues on a vaga

16. madchickins Flesh

its posted everywhere and anywhere when you google hitrate for dfo. So what are you saying? as long as you achieve 0% you'll be fine?

17. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    and which one of those posts are actually from ppl who go to raid? since you said
    i don't recall ever saying 0% and you will be ok. you gain 10% from the dimensional seal stats and in raid you will have a sader most of the time giving you ~20+% more hit rate. It was also a very stupid idea to even think about adding an inflict shadow card anyways considering if he has the set, the set bonus GIVES shadow element.
    [​IMG]
    I have 10% hit rate. no hit rate enchants, no hit rate emblems. I do anton raid, i do general anton, i do requiem, powerstation dungeons in slayer mode. i do everything with 10% hitrate. I also have done anton raid sell runs with a sb ele duo with 10% hit rate.

18. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    But your an elementalist I just want to know strictly for vagabonds and if I ever get byeol that -15% hitrate will serve as a problem so maybe yang would be better with pyromancer, assassin blade and the necklace that goes with it?

19. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    i didnt know being an elementalist with 10% hit rate is different than a vaga with 10% hit rate.

Of course yang is better since most of the time they will put you together or look for a yin user anyways to match anyways. but not everyone is lucky enough to obtain the wpn they want so they have to work with what they got.

edit: in dungeons that matter you will be matched with a sader and strike gives you 20+% hit rate.

20. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain

It was my lack of knowledge of the rework to lead me to think about adding that card I did.not know that after rework it becomes 30/30 that's why I assumed that adding that card would give me sustaining shadow damage on my attacks

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)