PVP is supposed to be fun

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Firefly, Mar 17, 2016.

1. UnheardPhantasm "I'm you, but edgier."

IGN:
    SirValencia
    Steam:
    UnheardPhantasm
    Guild:
    Darkwings (GM)
    Server:
    Cain
    I would PvP more, especially since Skirmisher is out now (loving the class), but my laptop isn't really the best, and my connection is far from stellar.
    Plus I'd like to fight something that isn't a Sword/Weapon Master or F. Spit for once. The skill gate for someone like me doesn't help either.

Maybe after I save up for a proper gaming PC I can PvP more safely. But yeah, I agree with TC, 3v3's are a blast from what little I've played of it.

2. LuneNoire

As long as P2P exists, PvP will never be as good as it should be.

3. jungjam z

IGN:
    JungJam
    Guild:
    Raid
    Server:
    Cain
    PvP aint supposed be fun.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Edgy Edgy x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Burn Heal Burn Heal x 1
    • List
  4. YagamiBrando Dark King

IGN:
    Yamizaki
    Server:
    Cain
    Today I tried to do some pvp as my MBrawler and got my butt kicked plenty of times. As I mentioned in previous posts - almost every match is laggy, so juggle combos fail most of the time. But the thing is, as my ranger character I tried to use keepaway playstyle, spamming land runner bots etc and waiting for powerful cube skills to CD, then go for an attack. Easy chains like BBQ->multi headshot, and cube skills like wild shot and death hawk do plenty of damage so sometimes it was even easy to win. But as M.brawler i just dont do decent damage. Like needles and poison does micro damage, only mount, ground tackle and meteor throw do some damage, still much less than Mranger does with his skills.
    I wonder if MBrawler skills are indeed weaker damage-wise than, for example, Mranger ones, or not. Although my ranger uses +11 liberation revolver, halidom set and 3 piece gracia set, and mbrawler uses 9pc street brawler set and +10 Claw of hyper growth (that event legendary).
    And gear wise - is it ok to use 3rd tier chronicles for pvp at all (like 9 piece chronicle set, liberation claw and legendary magic stone, like condensed grudge)? Because in previous posts ElderGod advised me
    >>What kind of gear are you wearing? You should try working towards epics but at minimum you should have at least all 85 halidom/unique.<<

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  5. Xerxesrage12 z

IGN:
    MooseMello
    Guild:
    Airbears
    Server:
    Cain
    Chronicle gear has the lowest stat bonus so try to avoid using those if you're going to PvP. It's better to use literally any other tier than that one because of the poor stats on them. Try to obtain Halidoms at best if you want to PvP at a decent level. Epics can come whenever they drop in hell mode and then you can switch to those. Imo it's better to retain a halidom set if you're trying to get better at PvP to allow you to steadily work with the speed it grants you. Having epics is better and will definitely win you more matches, but against real players you'll probably get bodied if you rely on them too much. Try to work on advancing your fundamentals in PvP first before you tier up your gear to epics. They'll make you a much better player than you'd have realized.

• Classy Classy x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. YagamiBrando Dark King

IGN:
    Yamizaki
    Server:
    Cain
    I see, thanks for the advice, I'll try to get halidom set for the start then, and later switch to epics if I obtain some :)

7. Vladkovich 2 That one guy.

IGN:
    Vladkovich
    Steam:
    Vladkovich
    Server:
    Cain
    Guildmates make practice pvp fun for me.

8. Muushy Hobo Bender

IGN:
    ^__^
    Guild:
    Effortless
    Server:
    Cain
    Reviving dead thread to say I quit because of waiting too long for steal skills and ranked to come. Now that i'm back reading this thread i'm not really surprised at how this turned out at all, pretty disappointing to say the least.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. Zylea

This message is from a relatively new player, I've only been playing since this September but I can still share my opinions.

PvP ****ing sucks.

Any class that uses Fixed damage (summoners...) can take off their weapon to have the stat balancing system cut your damage in half without losing a single point of damage for themselves (because its FIXED. fixed damage doesn't rely on ANYTHING. thats why its called fixed.).
    Any character that wants to kill you quickly can take off their armor and cut your armor in half while matching your defense stats.
    Any character with quick cooldown skills (literally all classes) can simply spam one or two moves and keep you airlocked/on the floor.
    Indomitable Spirit does nothing to counter this
    This means any class can be spammed to death (and frequently is) for an easy no skill victory.
    Dark Templar's only use is negated in PvP, making her nigh useless. I would know. I'm a DT main.
    Zerker's passive of having a repeating basic attack means one knockdown and you're dead.
    Almost no defensive ability of an armor in PvE is allowed in PvP (so uh... how's that Raid Gracia set doing ya?)
    Hitstun is the biggest cause of player death and nothing can fix that from a player's side.
    Albert's quest is nigh impossible since you have to fight PvP "masters" because they are the only ones you'll find since you can only 1v1 til Albert's quest is completed.
    A summoner once killed me by jumping for eternity while summoning when i missed a skill (literally. my ****ing Lib Buckshot couldn't keep up with her bs. come on man.)
    Good monks have a 100% chance to evade because of minor lag spurts in between move usages.

Oh and, many of the redeeming moves of a class are banned (RIP Starfall, Soul Drain, Lib - Madness)

I tried several other classes in an attempt to find ANY way around some of these problems. I got jack diddly squat.
    (classes tried: Dark Templar, Warlord, Nen Empress, Dark Knight, Elemental Bomber, Crusader, Exorcist, Summoner (yeah i tried summoner. I wanted to see what the victory screen looked like. Never got to see it though), Vagabond, Soul Bender, and Kunoichi. Each and every one failed... miserably...)

All the people that read this are gonna, at some point, say "Did you ever consider the fact that you could just be bad?" I considered it alright. But my soloing of the Anton Dailies with only a DT says otherwise. That is all gentlemen. Good day to you.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
    • List
  10. Zylea

Oh my post was one of those "Everything sucks, make it better" "How?" "Idk" posts... Alright i'll put my 2 cents in to try to offer solutions.

Lengthen all cooldowns that are under 8 seconds naturally.
    Add a super armor status when a player has been hit 5 or so times in 4 seconds, that lasts for 2.5 seconds and unlimited hits (seeing as the new 3 hits only super armor could easily be countered by my main source of PvP displeasure: spamming)
    Reduce all basic attack hitstun amounts by half except for Priest. Priest needs it. This is not favoritism, i'm serious, he NEEDS it.
    Add a seperate super armor status for preventing airlocking. Juggling for a bit is fine, since some classes (grapplers...) need it, but being stuck middair for 3 minutes straight is *slightly* unfair, don't you think?
    Allow Shadow Binding to last 1.5 seconds instead of cast and blow like it is now. Literally it goes away before i finish the casting animation. Its bullcrap.
    Let DT actually deal damage. Alright this is a bit favoritism but my DT has 310k hp in pvp and can only deal 2k damage TOTAL if my Destroyer hits someone FULL BLAST. I had someone sit and take it to test my damage output. And i was using a 1.5k mag damage epic sword (dungeon stats). My ascending sword did 3 times the damage of Destroyer over its animation time. That is just stupid bad.
    DT can get attack and knocked out of Destroyer... Alright fine that can stay, but can i at least get some defense while im doing it? Destroyer doesn't lock people in place and has a VERY small radius in PvP, so a player can just walk through it, hit me down, and floor lock me.
    Summoners keep getting nerfed in all the wrong ways, and have an easy victory in PvP because of it. The fix is quite simple. MAKE HER SUMMONS BE FIXED AND PERCENTILE DAMAGE. The reason why summoners can solo Raids is because each minion does a MASSIVE amount of fixed damage. Enough that the summoner may as well not use a weapon to save on repair costs and she'll have the same DPS output. She relies on fixed damage skill equations harder than Creator relies on Independent damage (for the Creator haters or unknowers, thats a LOT). If it was percentile too, then summoners wouldn't be OP af early, mid, and endgame, and they would just be OP endgame (hey, thats a start). Just cut the fixed damage in half and make the skills 50% percentile or something like that. Each skill point could add like 2% percentile scaling or something. Anyways you get the idea.
    Buffs only last 20 seconds. This in itself should be self explainatory, but incase it isn't: This puts you at risk of taking a hit. Taking a hit may involve getting spammed, to death. Dying is bad.
    Counter type moves have REALLY long cooldowns. Most of the time they miss and get me hit again. Keep the cooldowns the same as PvE, and make them slightly tracking. That way its possible to dodge, but harder to.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
    • List
  11. SkyArt

IGN:
    FlameEmpress
    Guild:
    Effortless
    Server:
    Cain
    I hope your trolling, but responses bolded just in case.

12. Duck Suburban Strangler

well there's one right thing in over 20 lines of text there

the fact that you think any skill in PvE helps in PvP other than knowing what key presses what skill pretty much invalidates the rest of this post for me

13. Feeshi

I'm assuming this is a troll post since nearly every class you listed there is just short of busted in PvP. Some of them cross that line. Like it's just missing shadow dancer to complete exodia. If this is serious though, then there is a lack of basic understanding of this ded PvP on your end.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  14. YagamiBrando Dark King

IGN:
    Yamizaki
    Server:
    Cain
    Well, just keep playing dude, there are lots of low level newbies in pvp, so if its Albert skills you are after - you are gonna get them pretty quick. Bronze 2 rank is like 7-8 wins in ranked. It is possible.
    While for me, for example, almost every match was laggy, and I wasn't able to do almost any simple combos, while I had no problems with doing thm with good connecion or in practice - I just used a keepaway style. For example as ranger - just spam those robot summons and wait until stronger skills like wild shot, multiheadshot or death hawk are available, then go for an attack) Sure for the most part its the skilled people in pvp (because lots of people really don't care about it in this game, and those who are, well, they know how to pvp), and still I, for example, was able to get silver rank no problem, with terrible lags and without combos :D

15. Save 4 Less TWENTY TWO

IGN:
    Malyx
    Server:
    Cain
    This whole post screams of bait but I'll bite anyways.

While Fixed Damage skills may have their own values but they're boosted by stuff like Independent Attack and STR/INT. Saying that they don't rely on anything at all just shows me you don't know how it works at all and its not even limited to PVP, this how they work in PVE too. I have no idea what you're talking about with the Stat Balancing System either. Suddenly un-equipping gear will not make the game balance it so that they suddenly take less damage from you it would make you deal even more damage to them.

Once again I have no idea what you're talking about. Nobody would take off their armor since Armor Mastery is important in PVP.

The Hit Limit/Gravity and Quick Recover exist to counter infinites, if you can't properly utilize Quick Recover then that's on you. Indomitable Spirit isn't supposed to counter that at all Indomitable Spirit is there so you can get off important skills with Cast Bars without being easily interrupted. In case of DT it exists so you can get Black Mirror off without hardly any trouble.

This is the second time I've seen a "DT Main" say this on these boards. You need to understand that if they took DT's kit from PVE and directly pasted into PVP that she would be absolutely broken. Even with the class being made "nigh useless" in your words, she has been strong in PVP since her release and has even gotten multiple PVP-only nerfs multiple times. Playing DT in PVP requires some practice and adjustment but it's doable and there are people who have dominated with her.

Item effects aren't allowed in PVP for a good reason since some are effects would be flat out broken in a PVP environment. Like having that free LoD from Gracia Top/Bottom upon getting hit working in PVP would give a huge advantage to the wearer when they should have been punished for getting hit. Do some Town PVP and you'll see what I mean by item effects not belonging in a PVP environment.

You're matched with People around your RP and if you're starting out you definitely won't be matched with any "Masters". It also doesn't take that many matches to complete that quest.

All Classes can't use level 50+ Skills. Allowing Soul Drain and Liberate Madness would make DT ridiculous.

I don't know why you'd think PVE against predictable monsters would matter in a PVP environment against unpredictable players. Please a post a video of your solos, its hard for me to imagine that someone with this much lack of understanding of basic game mechanics could solo Normal Anton.

Shadow Binding in PVP works exactly how it does in PVE except the range and hold time are massively reduced. It goes away when you move because you can't get the TP upgrade that lets you move while casting it. How you claim to main DT and not know this is bewildering to me.

DT can deal damage in PVP, you just clearly don't know how to utilize the class.

Its ignorant posts like these that I see "self proclaimed DT mains" make that make me embarrassed to be a DT Main. Please look up how to Play PVP and how to Play DT in PVP before making a bigger fool of yourself.

• Burn Burn x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Firefly

DT is so broken it's banned in official tournaments /thread

17. ShamanKing ★No Longer Human★

IGN:
    oKirito
    Steam:
    Genocide
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    LOL remember those times

18. You all lie, it is fun. Play Overwatch vs roadhog as dps and get 1 shot, hooked through a wall by a behemoth with three times your health, tell me that's more fun than DFO PvP.

Like TC I miss the team fighting though, so I'm stoked for when they re-add it to the relaunch.

19. James ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

i hope neople never releases another pvp event so nobody has to hear the pve shitters try to rationalize how shit they are for the umpteenth time

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    • List
  20. I decided to install the game and try out pvp after over a year. It has really gone to shit. Everyone lags like they're from china, the person with the chinese name says "fk you" to me after he wins due to not a single combo or grab of mine working the entire match, gear imbalances are still atrocious, class balance still seems atrocious... I don't understand how the game can be in this state. I immediately uninstalled it again because there is absolutely no hope for it to get any better.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)