PVP is supposed to be fun

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Firefly, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Gyran Dreemurr Enthusiast

IGN:
    Gyran
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    Well, we've got the summer to revive it. We'll see come the next couple weeks or so. My finals are over next week.

2. NovaPulser I yell and hi5 things. What about you?

Ranked isn't very appealing to me anymore when the first 3-4 pages are full of RP abusers that abused RP glitch in the past and present as well now it seems. (Not all of them, I know some of you guys on the later pages past pg1 are A-ok) but when ~8/10 on page 1 is all RP abusers, maybe even 9/10 for that matter, it's not fun or encouraging to go in.

People abuse RP, get high rank, stop playing in ranked entirely cause "Oh look so Red/Purple and shiny, I didn't earn this legit but hey that's okay, no one needs to know cause I'll just hide in 101 or not PvP at all anymore!" It's not encouraging to go and play ranked because of this past and even recent abuse thanks to a loop recently found to give you that (15+)RP win and 0RP lost after performing certain actions then going and ranking up dosen't help matters very much either.

This came outta nowhere and maybe a little winded for someone who keeps to themselves like me so if some of it is a little hard to read, sorry! Lack of sleep is a beautiful thing! (Not really...)

That's just my 2cents on the subject.

3. Gyran Dreemurr Enthusiast

IGN:
    Gyran
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    Unfortunately this a huge problem I have with the current existence of ranked. Between RP bug abuses and the fact alone that there's something to cheat for - RP and terranite pots - that give extra incentive to cheaters to force lag/print screen/etc. people have been extra discouraged from PvPing when previously none of that was there. The way it was executed (RP bugs, win streak solely dependent on MMR-Unless-No-One's-On-In-Which-Case-You'll-Get-Whoever matchmaking for pots, all that in addition to the poor connection basis) I could understand if ranked directly detrimented the PvP community. If we can get a tourney series going, that'll give people more reason to be invested in PvP with less room for exploitation (if we see someone force lagging/hacking we'll most likely know). Additionally people will have to beat their opponents in sets as opposed to individual matches, which is already worth more merit in the Proving Yourself department. Then we could potentially make a power ranking system built around tournament results to replace RP - a ranking system subject to 31 flavors of bullshit - with a much more competitive and noteworthy ranking system.

Matchmaking itself deserves an RP reset as well as a fix to those RP bugs, and if whatever higher powers may exist grant neople the money to provide dedicated servers that would be wonderful too, but a well ran community tournament series could probably get people more motivated to pvp again.

4. Gyran Dreemurr Enthusiast

IGN:
    Gyran
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    relevant
    goodfellowsHexgunner.png

5. Dowiet Fucking Psychopath

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
  6. Xerxesrage12 z

IGN:
    MooseMello
    Guild:
    Airbears
    Server:
    Cain
    Everything you said is coherent in grammar and your point was made across pretty fine. It wasn't hard to read at all. Only a few people have that high rank though and people mainly get it from playing a loooot of PvP. Only people who PvP'd before coliseum would get the title rankings in their gamer tags during the beginning of the RP bug. People who are inexperienced and abused the RP bug wouldn't have those rankings because they literally climbed due to only wins and no losses. Those inexperienced players who've climbed because of that would get thrashed consistently by higher tier'd players. You can only receive EXP from wins iirc so you wouldn't be able to have those ranks unless they actually won consistently in their ranking as they climbed. So some people who have ranks DO have some legitimacy to having a ranking tag, but not the level their rank tier is at. Still, the RP bug is stupid and Neople could address the bug with a fix, then deliver the holy RP reset unto thine playerbase. Alas, we haven't received one yet cuz they've turned their heads away from ourselves.

7. Gyran Dreemurr Enthusiast

IGN:
    Gyran
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    You can get a good idea of who's really gone up the ladder by rp bug abuse by seeing if they wear their ranking tag in town, which you need gold 1+ to have. If they have it, or even if they're somewhere in the silver range (especially those who've already been long time PvPers before) they're probably legit. If they're bronze rank area, they're probably full of shit.
    Problem is there's a few confounding variables: those who have played extensively pre-bugs, and those who were already fairly well ranked and climbed to the top by rp-bug abusing only slightly.
    Either way, we know the legitimacy of RP is currently only so real, and tournament results would surely be worth more than RP.

8. DefinitelyNotMari

IGN:
    Gneisenau, Silla
    Guild:
    August
    Server:
    Cain
    Fair arena when

9. Gyran Dreemurr Enthusiast

IGN:
    Gyran
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    fair arena also blew chunks, between the weird gear setups and the limited strict skill builds you were handed/other skills being unlocked as you played more

I like parts of fair arena but if we were to ever get something like it again I'd like it a lot different than what it actually was. The thought of everyone having the same access to a skill pool (given the class) and equally fair gear (allowing for mixing and matching for certain setups but have each piece of gear be equally balanced and available at the start oh my god I can't stress that enough) is really nice.

10. Yarai

IGN:
    Yarai
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
  11. Yora

I could get over literally everything else currently wrong with PvP if it wasn't for the terrible lag. I stopped playing a couple months ago completely after many years of pashun, finally just being fed up with more than half of my matches being influenced by lag. Throw in lag switching along with it and not even being able to play myself if anyone in my home is watching Netflix even with my high end connection and it feels like some sh*tty 3rd world entertainment.

Really unfortunate cause I do still love DFO PvP, but I am done with this abusive relationship. :suicide:

12. Gyran Dreemurr Enthusiast

IGN:
    Gyran
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    It's shit like this that absolutely infuriates me with this server's pvp setup. DFO pvp is great but I can't and won't blame people for wanting to stop because of how fucked p2p is over here.

The only ways to fix this are a consistently-ran series of tournaments that's very strict about lag and/or dedicated servers (99.9% percent will not happen). Being on the western hemisphere and liking DFO PvP is a goddamn curse.

13. JonJonTheDon BOUGHT MY BITCH HER OWN CRIB, CALL THAT A DOGHOUSE

IGN:
    JonJon
    Guild:
    Migos
    Server:
    Cain
    i can deal with slight connection lag, its a bit annoying but you learn to just deal with it. but when ppl force lag its just like,,,,i dont even have words for my expression. i was done after i played 10 matches, won 10 matches and got 0 rp. surprised they havent fixed rp stuff yet. w.e this game is pve now.

14. Xerxesrage12 z

IGN:
    MooseMello
    Guild:
    Airbears
    Server:
    Cain
    Basically this, but I'm totally burned out on coliseum after getting War God top. It's best to just play in ch 101 now with peepz you know instead of going against lag in general, omniblade spam, and lag abusers. Only way I can enjoy PvP now is doing that and just watching KDNF/CDNF PvP streams now...RIP DFO PVP. :weep:

15. Xerxesrage12 z

IGN:
    MooseMello
    Guild:
    Airbears
    Server:
    Cain
    It's not really that tbh. People can play whatever they want and there's no reason to not play their classes. It's just the fact that when I used to play coliseum, every match was against an omniblade and it was the same 3 people in a loop. Felt boring as hell to fight against charge crash 3x on repeat.

16. Kupo a moogle

IGN:
    KupoFlare
    Steam:
    the-spoops
    Guild:
    80percent
    Server:
    Cain
    Fighting constant omniblades does get rather stale quickly, at that point I just set them as my ban if there's too many in one day, I'd rather wait than face the same opponents over and over.

17. ElderGOD

I've been doing biweekly small tournaments and it seems to make things more fun.

Here is last one:

18. YagamiBrando Dark King

IGN:
    Yamizaki
    Server:
    Cain
    Heyya there. I've been playing in ranked pvp and colloseum mode for the last 2-3 days and I have mixed impressions.
    In pvp everything feels slow and choppy, and one hav to use a lot of juggle combos to do damage. While I learnt some juggle 12-15 hit combos to do like 1/4 damage and I am able to always do such a combo in practice mode - I absolutely cant do it online in real battle. There is some nasty delay with everybody, so if I see red monitor icon near opponent's face portrait - the delay is like a second. So if I shot a rising shot at the opponent and hit - he flies upwards like in a second after hitconfirm. And that basic launcher combos fail every time, sheesh, sometimes I even have a feeling lots of my attacks just fly through the opponent, like he's a ghost or something.
    Only wide range attacks like ranger's wild shot or multi headshot are reliable.
    That said - if I meet people with >100 wins - they can combo ok without fails, like they arae so used to play with delay that they never fail at combos, or maybe some players are using macros stuff or something, I just can't understand how to be as good :)

19. ElderGOD

It's P2P. Some matches will be very laggy while others less laggy.

What kind of gear are you wearing? You should try working towards epics but at minimum you should have at least all 85 halidom/unique.

Some moves are affected more by lag than others, learning to play with lags makes a huge difference.

Some of the things you can do to reduce lag is to not use wireless and not use Windows 10.

20. YagamiBrando Dark King

IGN:
    Yamizaki
    Server:
    Cain
    My gear is lvl 85 halidom+legendaries. damage is ok I guess, when I play with level 35 guys a cube skill like multi headshot or death hawk can slice a half of their health or so.
    The problem is delay and failed combos because of lag. So I guess the only way is to use keepaway play style, keep a distance and wait for strong cube skills to cooldown and then go for an attack.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)