PVP is supposed to be fun

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Firefly, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Firefly

People seem to forget practice ch.101 exists and focus solely on ranked (OMG RP HURDUR). Pretty much every other match at this point you run into a lag switcher and everyone accuses each other of lag switching via epic dictionary/print screen w/e. The first thing people do now after loosing is complain about lag, gear, class etc. (which are completely legitimate things to complain about) as opposed to reflecting on errors during the match and what to do better next time. All this stigma really turns new players away from trying out PVP and the whole thing is just the same 10 people fighting each other over and over again. What happened to the good old days where you just hit up PVP with a bunch of buddies and fk around and do sht like this?
    (Warning: excessive asura'ing present in video)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Shirqu

Replay in practice arena. When?!

3. marlymar

condolences u got disagreed by some fuccbois

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Firefly

Rip in piss pvp

5. Loujitsu Nen God

IGN:
    Loujitsu
    Guild:
    Symbolic
    Server:
    Cain
    Good old reliable practice channel. Too bad people still complain about gear and classes there too.

6. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    the good ol days -> time progression -> the good ol days -> repeat

7. ArcLight Hiatus

Wasn't there a giant "fuck Sword Master" salt-train previously?...

Dunno how "good old days" are still here when it was always shit.

Saying good old days makes you almost like those Elsword players who keep saying "Elsword is shit" and still plays it.

8. Divine 在楼里

Guild:
    Pokemon
    dfo pvp was literally never good, this reinteration is probably the best its ever going to get.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Gyran Dreemurr Enthusiast

IGN:
    Gyran
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    Yeah, ranked has certainly done something to hinder our PvP scene. I play PvP to try and get better still, and ranked provides me a bunch of random players of varied skill/class type to explore as many MUs as I can without taking the time to ask certain people to come into practice channel and do a bunch of friendlies with them, although that too can really help with getting better. And either way PvP is usually pretty engaging for me and the drive to get better + the heat of the moment for each game makes it fun for me, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't care about RP, or that I didn't get frustrated when I lose a lot, even when I know it's barely a functioning ranking statistic, when I know I tie against a 1700 RP player and lose 15 anyways cuz of a bug, or there's that chance of lag/gear discrepancy/etc.

Ranked does something dark and sinister to ya, especially when there's enough problems. We know that losing RP isn't always an indication of playing poorly/lack of skill but it doesn't get any less demoralizing somehow anyways.

To anyone trying to practice and get better, if you can get some people aside to do friendlies with in practice channel on occasion, definitely have some friendly sessions with them. It's a lot easier IMO to observe and reflect on what you're doing wrong instead of getting fixated on needing or wanting to win.

Also, yes, replays for practice channels would be hella dope. I've already felt the need to preach it for tournament purposes, but if I could save a half hour long friendly session without it being 20 fucking gigabytes, that'd also be really chill.

10. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    close matches that get the blood pumping never gets old

11. Xaverus

Out with the old in with the new, how about casual queue?

12. Blastu

IGN:
    Nero
    Server:
    Cain
    Bring back awakenings in pvp
    also team death match
    Those two things were balls to wall fun as fuck.

13. LOA_Razim

Yeah till someone comes into practice and starts accusing you of force lagging the match when there was 0 lag the entire round and they just sucked and dropped a combo. Seriously I had someone accuse me like that. I think I have only seen one or two times total of someone actually trying to cheat in practice probably because it's pointless to cheat in practice.

Crybabies aside practice is the place to be anyhow since ranked is mostly filled with baddies that either force lag or were to lazy to spend time in practice so if you are even half decent its a sad place to be. Practice is where all the decent people are hanging out usually and the only place you can actually learn anything new at all.

14. NthMetal

IGN:
    GBot
    Guild:
    CuteMages
    Practice channel is great, except for the fact you have to pay 300k to repair your items every 5 minutes.
    It's like neople doesn't even want us to pvp

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  15. sharzik

IGN:
    BoopySnoot
    Guild:
    Cygnus
    Yea, repair fee is a bit nonsense... and the ranked arena is full of toxicity. Friendlies seem to be the way to go, but I feel like I'm even more out of the loop than I should be. I frequently jump in 101 but no one wants to pug. The PVP! guild that I've been in has interested members but no one that really sticks it out for a good intense session, and a lot of the oldies dropped the game quite a ways back. On top of that there's not much class variety in the people I know.
    How are the other pvp guilds? I'd love to find some fresh classes and players to fight.

16. Tedward

Pvp is fun? PeeeeVeeeePeeee is serious business.

17. Rinoa happy holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IGN:
    Sindelle
    Guild:
    Pokemon
    Server:
    Cain
    pvps not for fun

18. Xerxesrage12 z

IGN:
    MooseMello
    Guild:
    Airbears
    Server:
    Cain
    Can't have fun doin somethin that's dead

19. sharzik

IGN:
    BoopySnoot
    Guild:
    Cygnus
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ...well...

20. Kupo a moogle

IGN:
    KupoFlare
    Steam:
    the-spoops
    Guild:
    80percent
    Server:
    Cain
    I remember the good ol days of team deathmatch, and being able to use my EX Skills and awakening, man that shit, that shit was fun as fuck, suddenly hucking an EB's 60 EX at someone, got a triple kill with that shit.

I have no problem with current PvP, because I can just /solo and have fun anyway, but I can see where ya'll come from, the scene here is definitely less stellar than the previous one, even if its basically the same people + more.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)