Perma-Slayer: I made one and you can watch his progress.

Discussion in 'M.Slayer' started by SteamBoy27, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Curt :denking:

GL on the grind! -Mental

2. gehu still stuck in SIROCCO, but i can hue in CAIN now

IGN:
    Sloth
    Guild:
    RealityKings
    Server:
    Sirocco
    why is this remind of super novice job from ragnarok game

3. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    I don't know what a super novice is, but I'm sure if it has a name like that it's actually okay.
    Shoutout to Zitharos, who is apparently the only other PermaSlayer in the game. Hopefully the "end-game" setup I proposed as well as the ability to steal skills is helpful to you.

4. Orbus

Yeah that steal skill cap is an odd quirk about perma first class characters.
    It's what really makes perma male gunners and female fighters stand out among the perma first class crowd.

5. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    It's cause they can max Freezing Bullet and Neck Snap respectively right?

6. Orbus

Sure is, though it's also because that all the steal skills available to them are pretty useful instead of having some really niche use, like flip side counter, which even most weapon masters don't touch unless it's pvp.

7. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    Yeah, that's true. Maybe one day after those 150 days of grinding Ghost Train I'll still have the willpower to try something like Perma Gunner/Fighter.
    After all, my inspiration to do this was an old unfinished video series starring a Perma Fighter in Tower of Despair.

In other news Level 7 Explorer! +120 Stats to make up for no mastery!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  8. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain

Here's Golden Dragon Tournament and the first 2 floors of Tower of Despair. My god I forgot how hard Despair was pre-2nd Awakenings, Chrons, and Epics.

9. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    So thanks to the DFO Weekly event, Zato is actually getting Clone Avas. I know what to give him for the most part but...
    What the HELL do I give him as his Top skill?!

10. Hova The Hero of Blue Flames

Server:
    Cain
    Weapon mastery?

Or +1 to Upward Slash for PvP :teacher:

11. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    That's the thing. I can't give him those options. Adv Avatars only give subclass specific skills. So I guess I either pick Bremen or Bloodlust?

Bump: So this Zombie Magic Stone's got 1-2 more Elemental DMG than the Iridescent Metastatic Ore if I roll it's +20, but has like -38 all stats compared to the Iridescent Ore.
    Compare 28 all stats to 66 all stats.

Is the 1-2 elemental damage difference worth losing out on 38 points in all 4 main stats?

Also another random question. The Forgotten Land prizes usually pay out 1 elemental damage less than advertised on the DFOPedia page, why is that?

12. SkyArt

IGN:
    FlameEmpress
    Guild:
    Effortless
    Server:
    Cain
    Might need to be kaleido'd for max stats?

13. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    I did it! As of tonight the bastard is level 85. Starting monday he starts riding the Ghost Train.
    I'm gonna run him through hell on easy mode tomorrow (as it only affects eye rates) and see what DFO decides to give him. Considering he technically (in a very loose sense) he has one item type less of Dark Knight's usable pool (the one less being Lightsabres) he could actually have a chance finding something useful. I'll tell you guys if he gets anything.

14. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    Did Zato's hell runs. He got a total of 8 Demon Eyes, the so very loved Submarine Volcano Pants, and Spell Burn Shoulder Pads.
    Nothing amazing, but the poor guy got something!

15. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain

Here's ZatoOne fighting the Elite of Suju and saving a Princess.
    You're living the videogame dream ZatoOne...

Oh and...I MAY have made a Perma M Fighter, got it to level 35 in a day, and got it's steal skills for the new character event...and I might level it up to 79 so it can gather gifts from Princess Erje...but that's just a rumor.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  16. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain

As getting the Sea God Set will take over 1/3 of a year, this thread is pretty much only going to have ToDes floor videos from now on. I realize this is not exactly entertaining new content now, but I hope you had fun watching the stuff up to this point.

17. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain

Also Perma M Fighter is really fun! It feels even more like an old arcade game now that I'm using martial arts!
    (I also saw that Lightning Spike steal skill is gonna become Stim Breath when Striker and Nen 2nds come out OHHHH MY GOOOODDD I can't wait for that revamp. I can max that as a Perma M Fighter, that is SIGNIFICANT)
    Orbus was right, these steals are the bees knees. I can't wait for another new character event so I can get me a Perma Gunner cause their steals are the best! I hear there's a Leap event rumor going around. Maybe I can get them leaped without picking a class...

Also, I did some scrounging around. As you may know the "Perma" Chron sets are very bad for Slayers. The best we get is just a 3pc+3pc combo that makes Neutral Wave really big. While that is cool and makes our best move better, it's really bad compared to what others can get and Sea God is better.

Perma M Fighter and Gunner on the other hand...wow they got some good Chrons. So good that they might be better than Sea God or at least equal to it. So that's a relief on future work.
    Here is what I wasted my life looking into:

M Fighter has two sets (3pc each) that works well enough to warrant using.
    Death Incarnate (3pc)
    -Low Kick: Cast SPD +15% and +20% Power
    -Tornado Kick: +2 Multi Hits and -1.5 seconds on CD
    Devious Trick (3pc)
    -Poison Throw: +2 Vials, +30% Power, and +6 Poison Level
    (I actually think Devious Trick is scraping the barrel, but it's better than Nen Cascade (3pc) and Lighting Fast Kick (3pc)...I think I might just get 3pc Death Incarnate and 3pc Sea God instead)
    -Sudden Upper gives Torpedo, -1 seconds on CD, +30% power, and +20% Cast SPD. Maybe that's better than Devious Trick and Sea God?

Perma Gunner has a ton of Chrons that work really well!
    Sudden Annihilation (3pc)
    -M-137 Gatling Gun: +50% Power, -50% Duration, +50% Shot Count, +40% Piercing Rate
    -M-3 Flamethrower: +25% Power, -50% Multi Hit Intervals
    Extra Clip (3pc)
    -G-14 Buster: +1 Grenade Count, -0.4 Throwing Cooldown
    -Freezing Bullet: +3 Bullets, -4 seconds on CD, +20% Power
    -Crazed Arsonist (3pc) is a special mention, as Permas can still max Secret Land Runner. So I suppose it might be worth using. I like the former two more personally.
    -There's also Saturation Bomb (3pc) and Steel Vulcan (3pc), but I feel Sat Bomb powering up only Steyr doesn't make it worth it, and it's not as powerful as Crazed Arsonist. Steel Vulcan just kinda seems like a weaker Sudden Annihilation for Permas.

Seeing that these guys are potentially easier to use early on (although I still think Zato will be the strongest at the end of the road because he has access to Chills while the other two have to use M Seals until they get the level 80 Legacy Revolver and Tonfa. Even then Chills' +Water makes it pretty good. He also has room for the Ruby Spirit while the others will only have room for Oblivious Accs and the Iridescent Ore.) and that their "end game" (HEAVY QUOTES) sets are easier to get and are just as good make me pretty excited to play these guys soon.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  18. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain

Also screw these goddamn Ancient Material Pouches. I don't want 8 Impostor Reports I want Cure of the Deep Sea. Anybody selling Evil Spirit Whispers? Those things are bleeding whatever gold I get every day dry.
    Man I hate Kaiedos and Shop Cycles. My Ruby Spirit, Iridescent Ore, and Chills are all 1 less elemental damaging than normal. My OCD, as well as a little over 1 percent damage is hurting bad.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  19. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    I realize this is not exactly the right place, but the whole Perma thing did start with a Slayer. I'll make the relevant posts in the respective subforums once I get these guys actually started, but I want to know what you guys think of these theory builds. The whole thing with the Chrons kind of made stacking water a nuisance, but I realized a lot of the things in the builds are omni-elemental like the Oblivious Set and the Iridescent Ore. Therefore I had a lot more freedom to pick whatever element I thought was best now that Sea God was out of the picture.

Perma M Fighter Gear
    Water Tonfa Unique M Seal (got a good deal!) >>> Legacy 80 Tonfa (Light)
    Dream Weapon (1st-3rd): Berserk/Raider's Draupnir/Wooyo's Golden Tonfa
    Heartrending Vilmark Plate Set (Top, Bottom, Shoes)
    Death Incarnate 3pc (Shoulder, Belt, Sub)
    Oblivious Acc Set (Ring, Bracelet, Necklace)
    Iridescent Ore (Stone)

Fire/Light DMG 41.36% (36 Oblivious + 13 Base + 18 Ore + 24 [8x3 Quong/Aracloso Card] = 91)
    +15% DMG Smash Average Vilmark Set
    Low Kick: +20% Damage and +15% Cast SPD
    Tornado Kick: +2 Multi Hits and -1.5 Seconds on CD

1800 Terranite 120 Days (60 after update)

Perma M Gunner Gear
    Water Musket M Seal>>> Legacy 80 Musket (Fire)
    Dream Weapon (1st-3rd): Ranger Rod/Ice Spark Bowgun/Silver Bullet
    [Sudden Annihilation 3pc + Extra Clip 3pc] (All 5 Armor Slots and Sub)
    Great Glory (Acc)
    Iridescent Ore (Stone)

Fire DMG 32.27% (16 Necklace + 24 [8x3 Quong/Cinder Card] + 13 Base + 18 Ore= 71)
    +9% DMG Smash Bracelet
    20% Chance for Revenge Stun and +75 STR/INT for 20 Seconds for 30 seconds (Average 50)
    M-137 Gatling Gun: +50% Damage, -50% Duration, +50% Shot Count, +40% Piercing Rate
    M-3 Flamethrower: +25% Damage, -50% Multi Hit Intervals
    G-14 Buster: +1 Grenade Count, -0.4 Throwing CD
    Freezing Bullet: +3 Bullets, -4 Seconds on CD, +20% Damage

450 King Borodin Seals 120 Days (60 After Update)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  20. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain

Almost a quarter done. Time flies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)