Perma-Slayer: I made one and you can watch his progress.

Discussion in 'Media' started by SteamBoy27, Jul 21, 2015.

1. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    Perma Fighter Thread: http://www.dfonexus.com/threads/perma-m-fighter.9406/
    Perma Gunner Thread: http://www.dfonexus.com/threads/perma-m-gunner-progress-thread.9405/
    AND I'm going to waste time and money making something inefficient barely good, wasting it on this instead of a class that could be broken with it. I've planned on doing this for a while now, but was holding out until Steal Skills came out with ranked PvP. I've decided that it's not that important and if I don't start now I'd be holding myself back many days. I will miss the Bloodlust buff though, I feel it's pretty important.
    This is his end game plan as of now. I feel this is the best setup he can achieve at the moment without heavy RNG and money investment.

Plan could always change depending on Epics from ToDes. If I get an Epic without a Smash modifier that is worth using and can be enchanted with water I will get Great Glory Accs. If I get an Epic like Byellongum I will not get Great Glory and stick to Oblivious Set.

Opinions of "BiS" Possibilities given it can interact with Water Damage: Yin Sword: Makya, Light Sword Masamune, Byeollungum, Yang Ull's Twig, and Trinity Eternia.

Weapon: Ice Flare
    Armor: Sea God Armor (Plate)
    Accs: Forgotten Land Oblivious Set
    Sub: New GT Sub
    Stone: Ratria's Tear
    -Water Damage: 18 (Ice Flare) +35 (Sea God Armor) + 36 (Oblivious) + 7 (GT Sub) + 30 (Ratria's Tear) +(8*3) (Quong'ong Card) = Water + 13 default base stats = 163 = +74% water damage.

-[IF I get an Epic without Smash] Great Glory Bracelet gives +10% Smash and +5% Bonus Critical Damage. -20 Water DMG.
    -Sea God's set gives many opportunities to curse enemies and stack +20% damage on them.

(When I was designing this plan, I realized how much of a waste this is on a Perma Slayer and not on something like a Hell Freezer or etc.)
    Besides Chills, which will be very expensive, everything else is farmable. My one problem with this plan is that I am required to play Ghost Train as PermaSlayer. Not fun, but I want to do this.

From level 1-69 he will just use junk, or whatever he can find that's best. At level 70 he will use a Legacy: Red Lampas Sword (70), which I feel will help greatly as all his skills will get the +1. I do not plan on using avatars at the moment. I have estimated this effort will take about 2/3's of a year or even more given that Ghost Train will take 150 days alone without luck involved via Gabriel or Erje. Getting to level 85 will take who knows how long.

I realize that there's an issue of "borrowed power" from this challenge. I plan to only party in a dungeon once I solo it on hard difficulty and after I fail to clear it on ult. Boss Health Regen will likely be an issue on Ult and so will MP. I have Alchemy Potions to help out for this, and I will probably use Warrior's Cry to help the damage. I will be posting videos on this challenge here from now on. I plan to start recording after Luteon, where everyone is their starting class anyway; I will start at Meltdown. In between this process I will also attempt to make a series of PvP and Tower of Despair runs. Hopefully you'll enjoy watching this series, I plan to go the whole way and achieve the build above.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  2. Kupo a moogle

IGN:
    KupoFlare
    Steam:
    the-spoops
    Guild:
    80percent
    Server:
    Cain
    Unfortunately with no armor masteries you'll be losing out on so much damage.

3. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    Yes, without masteries I will lose out on about 200-250 STR, among many other things. I am aware of this. Also I have no idea what "edgy" means in the context of Nexus. It usually means something with the characteristic of tense, or irritable, or are we using the trendy definition? Or do we use both in regards of context sensitivity? Which did I get? Hopefully not the same "edgy" as Kogyaru's.

More seriously, I appreciate the response, regardless of it's nature. I'm doing this for the challenge and I want to see if it's still possible to be at least a wheelchair class with some hard work and effort. I play a lot of classes, some more challenging than others, and I wanted to take on a challenge that is within the hardest stratum.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  4. Kupo a moogle

IGN:
    KupoFlare
    Steam:
    the-spoops
    Guild:
    80percent
    Server:
    Cain
    I once saw a perma-thief in Behemoth region, haven't seen another one since.

5. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    I remember seeing a series of videos of a Perma Fighter beating the Tower of Despair. That was pretty awesome.

6. Red Amnesiac

OP you are going to suffer like no man has suffered before.

7. Hiyuu You PC?

IGN:
    Kuroiel
    Guild:
    Communism
    Server:
    Cain
    man you're not Musashi so don't even bother, base slayer is boring as fuck

8. Red Amnesiac

Yeah tbh, why not pick the next best thing and go Weapon Master.
    It's the feel of a perma slayer without actually being as bad as a perma slayer.

9. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    I actually already have a Weapon Master; it's my main class and I spend everyday trying to get as far end-game as I can. The Perma Slayer is, for me, a challenge, a measure of skill, and a measure of patience/hard work. I just wanted to announce it on Nexus just for people to entertain themselves by whatever means, positive or negative. Today I start Meltdown, so I'll begin embedding videos soon.

10. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain

Finished Meltdown a while ago. Not much time to devote to the poor guy due to all these events. Trying to do Forgotten Land with like 6 alts (Just rushing with most) including him. But here's something I suppose. Meltdown is easy as expected due to there not being that many skills missed out on as opposed to later dungeons.

11. Dice Dragon Top Kekrator

IGN:
    LittleBobs
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    I got a perma knight at 45, Gl getting past the hump that is Fanatics, that place is the true test. No mana relics, and you do very little damage, and they can keep spawning. its terror. I might revist other perma classes in the future, but I think my main is wheelchair enough for the time being.

Id love to see your GT runs though when you get there, if you can do it, god bless your soul.

12. Fluffy Daemon

IGN:
    FluffyDaemon
    Server:
    Cain
    Good luck.

I'm pretty interested in what kind of strategies you'll be using in the high level areas.

13. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain

Here's the Castaway region. Still going okay as your class is expected to only have 1 cube move coming in and 2 when nearly done. Behemoth is next and I've gone through the water levels, not fun. Still able to just kinda brute force everything. I assume Fanatics will force me to use resources such as dolls and assists. (I've been using assists when farming but not in the videos themselves to show we don't need them.)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  14. Lethologica real class never

wow, sounds stronger than your WM already

15. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    I did give him the Diamond Pick Ring, the Danjin Coin Legacy Set, and the Bingo Stone. So he's not bad.
    Haven't seen you in a while. Looks like you've been festering your bad attitude into a worse one since last time. You should be more open minded and let things go so it doesn't stay that way.

16. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain

I'm busting my ass off trying to get Zato to as high a level as possible. I had some fridge logic and realized the Warrior's Proof would be a great acc for him and am now rushing to get him leveled up. So instead of a region video (which I guess I'll have time for after the Evolve event) here's ToD.

17. Dice Dragon Top Kekrator

IGN:
    LittleBobs
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
  18. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    [​IMG]
    Oh I don't know Albert. What if I had to fight Rare Ava/Legacy/Epic wielding players the entire time? [​IMG]
    So, at level 60 the SP began to overflow. So I said screw it, I'm not gonna keep going while there's SP unspent. So I went into ranked PvP really late yesterday and somehow got to bronze 2. I didn't record commentary during the video because I expected it to be a really tiring experience. Just my luck, it actually wasn't so bad. Maybe DFO's matchmaking system actually works...nah. Honestly, the prize box given after RP placement was over contributed most of the exp, but I did have near 30 percent of the level done myself and perhaps could have gotten it all the way in a weeks worth of suffering.

One thing I do want to mention though is that I had forgotten Perma-Classes can max their steal skills as if they were the class they stole from. This means I can level these moves past 10, which all sub-classes are normally restricted to. This sort of makes Zato much more redeemable in a magical party, as he can level Bremen all the way to 20 and can use various equipment to level it up even further if I wanted to. Of course, he'll never be as good as a Bremen casted by a SB, as he does not have access to the TP skill.

Being able to max Bloodlust is really great! The STR bonus I get from a bleeding enemy lasts quite a while, and more than makes up for the STR that I would have had with Armor Masteries. This and the M.Def Reduction that Bremen provides has made Oceanic Express much easier than it was before I began fighting there. For once, a surprise actually had something good in store for this son of a gun.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  19. Curt :denking:

GL on the grind! -Mental

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)