Overview of Luke raid for beginner(part 1)

Discussion in 'Guides & Game Mechanics' started by 흐켱의소울, Jan 2, 2017.

1. 흐켱의소울

IGN:
    흐켱의소울
    Guild:
    A-team
    Luke raid guide for beginner-part 1

Before I start actual game mechanic(part 2), I thought it would be helpful to release this post since today is 2 weeks before 90 level update according from what I heard.

Credibility of author
    IMG_1074.JPG
    Luke raid 6 man sell party 2 time(mercenary)
    Luke raid more than 25 time(absolute clear guarantee party+newbie static+pub)
    Luke normal more than 80 time
    Currently member of Luke raid static party
    Currently captain of Anton raid 3 man sell party

Before I start...
    It has been quite a while since I wrote guide post. It is my honor to present you guide for most powerful dungeon you will ever confront. There has been 5 apostle you have ever encountered in the past. Lotus, Bakal, Diregie, Ozma, Michaella(Sirocco also appeared but I will only count direct confrontation in ingame play). To be frankly you may think dat apostle isn't dat powerful even tho Anton raid was kinda pain in the ass. Let me clear your head. Apostle you have encountered so far couldn't demonstrate their full potential because they were weakened by some factor. Lotus, Ozma, Michaella was not in normal state, Diregie was suffering from plague, Bakal losed great proportion of his power, Anton didn't even had proper will to fight. Luke is the first apostle with FULL POWER RECOVERED STATE. By using power of light and darkness he accumulated he recovered golden age when his power was at maximum point. No excuse at all unlike other apostle. It will be very hard. Seriously, legitimately hard to fight against apostle with full power recovered... However that is why I am here. Under proper guidance grampa Luke is not that hard.^^
    This version of guide is based on kdnf Luke raid version that it is based on "non-buffed" raid. One more thing is kdnf have burning events Anton raid day if you play at pc bang. Since Saturday is also Luke raid day that some people might think it will be easier on Saturday. Every burning buff vanishes the moment you step into Luke raid standby area... There is very high possibility that even if buff raid exists burning won't be allowed in dfo version just like kdnf.. Take this two factor into your consideration while reading guide.

Index

Part 1
    1.Class preference
    2.Party composition
    3.Gear requirement
    4.Overall dungeon system

Part 2
    5.Main guide
    6.Intermediate guide contents

1.Class preference

You have no idea how many time I was questioned about this criteria.. More than fifty people asked me regarding to this issue that I made special corner to ease those curiosity.

Tier was based on airbis' opinion since he is most experienced luke raid runner I know of with owning more than 10 luke absolute clear guarantee party of his own as captain.

0 tier(must need, don't even think about raid without this class)-Crusader

1 tier(Class that is mentioned at party title for participation often, like looking xxx for left spot)-F nenmaster, Nemesis, Soul bender, Weapon master, exorcist

2 tier(decent dealer in terms of airbis' line)-Battlemage, M ranger, Dark knight, M striker, F spitfire, dimension walker, F brawler, etc(I'll add class if I can recall what he said before)

There is 3~5 tier but I will skip it because of possible discrimination issue at future Luke raid participation in DFO. Literally most class is good, there is no specially gifted or trash class(except Sader). Gear your class with effort and you are definitely suitable for Luke raid. For example for static party it is usual to take op class but my static's combination is (Sader, Weapon master, M ranger, M striker, Sader, Soul bender), GLACIAL MASTER, ELEMENTAL BOMBER. Like I said before with effort any kinda class can participate Luke raid. Only issue is difficulty of that effort. Still better than complete exclusion which will be very gloomy thing..

2.Party composition
    It is wise to have 1 physical party and 1 magical party. There is specific debuff in Luke raid that is disadvantageous to certain type of party. Debuff changes everyday and it is possible to know what kinda debuff is placed in which dungeon that in order to avoid trouble having both type of party is advantageous. For 4/4 tactic party it is not mandatory since phase 1 is piece of cake with full member. Issue is 2/3/3 tactic party... Very tough..
    One more thing you need to appreciate is composition for solium machina : lumen and solium machina : caligo.. lumen's resistance to shadow element is kinda high dat most time other three element class participates lumen. On the other hand caligo's light resistance is pretty high dat in most cases class with other three element goes to that party. For example, non shadow element physical party goes to lumen and non light magical party goes to caligo.
    Sader is mandatory. I have seen many dfo user running Anton raid without sader. Trust me that doesn't work in Luke raid.. You can't bring down monster with 18400 million HP(that is 18400000000 in numbers^^), which is more than ten time of egene's hp without sader.. HP and gimmick is much more scarier and tougher than Anton raid.. Don't even think or dream about false fantasy... "IT DOESN'T WORK" Then there is question like isn't Luke raid have position like naval gun or battlefield where you can clear your dungeon while scratching your butt with other hands? NOPE^^. Neople recognized those issue in Anton raid that it has been designed to have almost equal hardness on every party.
    So let's leave sader's spot and talk about three vacant spot in single party. For magical lumen party, holding position is usually indra and witch(non gothic style), because debuff and hold is both available with those class. For magical caligo party nemesis and witch(usually gothic)is very popular. However if your party is all shadow dealer or if there is dealer with sub holding capacity soul bender is also chosed in many party.
    For physical party's hold position there is no preference like magical party since physical class' elemental is not innate element like magical class but more of chosed by type of gear that random physical class have. Weapon master, exorcist, F grappler is favored in many physical party. Nemesis is also used since armor shred also applies to physical defense but in this case most time semi buff set like tactical commander or centurion hero, spider queen full set nemesis is used since it is hard to expect fuck ton of damage dealing from nemesis with vitality sader.
    For additional support position for further more debuff or buff, soul bender and f nenmaster is most widely chosed. Usage of soul bender is usually restricted in shadow element party who requires sub holder/debuffer/dealer. Usage of f nenmaster is much more various since even physical party takes f nenmaster regardless of type of solium machina they will enter. Literally capable of joining every party in Luke raid which makes top of top class even in 1 tier class specimen.
    For dealer position I won't mention it because there is literally nothing to mention except take powerful dealer as your main dealer.

3.Gear requirement
    NO GRAICA!!! NO MORE QUESTION ABOUT GRAICA... I HAD ENOUGH OF THIS NONSENSE QUESTION! I have seen gracia f nenmaster with five sense full set in static party. However do you guys even know that five sense full+gracia 6pc is more powerful than any 85 ebins full set+refined amnesia full set? Everything happens for a reason... If you want to participate graica just be op class+five sense full or three infinite series^^.. Issue is player with those accessory is 99.99 percent ebins full set..

For Sader main stat around 3200/43/18 is usual without any kinda cool down reset gear in pub. With cool time reset gear 3000 is good enough for Luke raid. For static normally doesn't take sader without cool time reset. Absolute guarantee level of static party doesn't even take amnesia ring. Only defier full set with stat around 3500/43/20 is usual.. For example sader in my former guarantee static was 4000/42/20 with defier full set, both vitality and spiritual sader... However this is for fast clearing purpose dat most pub party's cutline is much easier like I said initially. Aura item isn't that much important because you will be busy swapping apoc gear and cool time reset gear while spamming random skill for proc..

For 1 tier class and few 2 tier class I said above it is possible to participate pub with 3pc 90 ebins+@ set up. Dat is known to be powerful than 80 ebins full set and some lame 85 set(dark gothic to magical class is exception). However with low level of main armor, requirement for accessory+special equipment slot is quite tough. Almost flawless set up is required. For static party, not even ebins full set can easily join party. Most absolute clear guarantee level requires top ebins set along with flawless accessory and special equip set up. Refiend amnesia ring, Time defiler full set and silver watch is also one of factor for entrance that if you don't have at least one of those gear it is likely that you won't be accepted even with flawless gear. Weapon is usually 90 ebins or savior weapon or special 85 ebins weapon, case like ranger rod or silver goddess knife for pub and static both.

For less than 3 tier class consider it is impossible to participate pub without well optimized ebins full set.

To summarize. For dealer who wants to participate pub it requires Ez SSS tier level of gear. For dealer who wants participation in static it requires minimum of 4 man sell party gear. For dealer who want to participate absolute clear guarantee party or even 6 man Luke raid sell party it requires 2~3 man Anton raid sell party gear that can easily wreck Anton raid monster with solo play. 2/2 set up in other term, more than 2pc of infinite series or five sense full for accessory and more than 2pc of remnant of super ancient civilization set for special equip along with op class is suitable for that much level.

I can hear your thought even from here. "DFO isn't going to make through this shit!" "Tell me you are lying and grampa Luke is actually nice and easy" "I am 7 man sell party member in DFO and my gear seems to be million mile far from cutline, is this time for suicide?"
    DON'T WORRY... Like I said before for pub party cutline is not overwhelmingly high(if your class is good enough..). There is other thing, DFO style buff on Luke raid and most importantly... You have "ME". Krappa

4.Overall gameplay

Named monster in phase 1 changes each days. Some named monster is stationary but some named monster changes day by day. It is possible to check which named monster is positioned at which dungeon by checking composition of tarot card dat represents specific monster. Tarot card+debuff composition map appears as soon as you enter Luke raid channel and even after it has been closed it is possible to open it again.

2/3/3 tactic is HARD PHASE 1, EASY PHASE 2 style party composition. Usually used at static party with weak lumen party. 2 member enters sanctum of birth, 3 member enters sanctum of extinction, 3 member enters sanctum of ripple.

Monster in phase 1 has hp around just slightly higher than normal luke. Why? Because it is meant to clear in 2/3/3 dat it is much harder than normal luke full member play not to mention raid still has more hp. In pub there is player who never goes 2/3/3 pub because it is just dat dangerous to do it. However in static party when caligo party is very strong but not good at slayer veil and lumen party is relatively weaker some static does use this tactic.

4/4 tactic is EZ PHASE 1, HARD PHASE 2. If you can't clear phase 1 with 4/4..... I am afraid it means it is highly likely dat you are not suitable for even normal luke or just enough to barely clear it... What you need to do in order to clear phase 1? JUST BEING HUMAN IS ALL DAT IS REQUIRED. IT IS DAT EZ. You must be thinking "don't kid around yunha... We all know luke is ten time harder than Anton raid.." Yeah indeed luke raid is ten time harder than Anton raid... BUT NOT PHASE 1 WITH 4/4 TACTIC. However things get dirtier in phase 2... Since other two dungeon won't open unless you enter birth you have to chose between ripple and extinction. Penalty for not clearing ripple is SLAYER MODE OF NAMED MONSTER VEIL OF HATRED and penalty for not clearing extinction is SLAYER MODE NAMED MONSTER DEVIL SWORD VEARA. Slayer mode means increase hp... How much? Fuck ton much.. Usually Veil is known to be trickier that clearing ripple is usual tactic. However some unique party like mine does the opposite way. Clearing extinction and leaving ripple to make Veil hard instead of Veara. Why? For party who enters solium machina:lumen has to get through Veara and for party who enters solium machina:caligo has to get through Veil.. My party has powerful caligo party not to mention we have glacial master who was hired for cancelling Veils gimmick dat we are very special case. Since this is beginner guide those kinda intermediate stuff will be suggested later in Intermediate guide.

So since I explained about phase 1 how does phase 2 work?

Lumen party:Altar of light or Altar of darkness(completely random)-Altar of wisdom-solium machina:lumen-altar of darkness-altar of wisdom

Caligo party:Altar of light or Altar of darkness(completely random, each altar has to cleared from each lumen and caligo party for altar of wisdom and strength opening)-Altar of strength-Altar of light-Altar of strength-Solium machina:caligo

Yeah.. I know.. Very confusing right? Much easier when you actually do it.

1.Light(or darkness)(l party)
    Light(or darkness)(c party)
    2.Wisdom(l party)
    Strength(c party)
    3.Lumen entry(l party)
    Clearing light and strength for luke barrier opening(c party)
    4.Caligo entry(c party)
    Clearing darkness and wisdom for luke barrier opening(l party)

How is dat? Much easier to understand? For same number it mean it is proceeded simultaneously.

Difficulty of entering phase 2 with 2/3/3 build is around similar feat with phase 1. You must be saying "I thought you said this is easy phase 2 tho?" INDEED IT IS EASY BUT STILL IT IS PHASE 2 OF HARDEST CONTENTS EVER WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?

Difficulty of entering phase 2 with 4/4 build is.... Hard... Very hard.. All those fuck ton of gear I mentioned above is for clearing phase 2. Anyone can clear phase 1...

P.S. Since I was baffled at first, in order to enter phase 2 with just clearing 2 dungeons in phase 1 is to press insert button and press compulsion entry button. No matter how long you wait it won't proceed until you press dat button so keep dat in mind.. Compulsion entry button is only active when clearing more than 2 dungeon so don't click it if you are doing 2/2/3 build since it will proceed naturally after clearing last dungeon.

Looks like we got all the basics now? Time to move on to actual guide!

• Informative x 8
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Classy x 1
    • Idol x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  2. 흐켱의소울

IGN:
    흐켱의소울
    Guild:
    A-team
    Still editing at the moment..

3. MetalBatKun

IGN:
    IHealDaCrew
    Server:
    Cain
    Hey just a question? what are the minimum requirements for a battle sader?

4. Pyros

Nvm battle sader. Same as every dealer I'd assume, epic everywhere.

5. MetalBatKun

IGN:
    IHealDaCrew
    Server:
    Cain
    LIke tactical set?

6. 흐켱의소울

IGN:
    흐켱의소울
    Guild:
    A-team
    Well optimized ebins full set. However I have never seen battlesader in Luke so far..

7. deeemark

IGN:
    Neren
    I think you dont really see them because they can get into luke with buff gear which requires half of the work and effort

8. 흐켱의소울

IGN:
    흐켱의소울
    Guild:
    A-team
  9. CryoTyrfing Curious

So, it seems like the cutline between a pub party and a static seems tremendously high. What would you say the general odds are of the average luke raid pub?

10. 흐켱의소울

IGN:
    흐켱의소울
    Guild:
    A-team
    It depends on how famous the captain is in kdnf... There is so called pub that is runned by named user. Mostly this kinda pub is named like ign x generation party(for example yunha 1st generation) since they run their raid party depending on how many alt they have. This kinda named party has more than 95 percent clear possibility because cutline is no different from those of static. Normal pub is around 70 percent..

11. MetalBatKun

IGN:
    IHealDaCrew
    Server:
    Cain
    But would this level of gear and skill be acceptable for example?

12. 흐켱의소울

IGN:
    흐켱의소울
    Guild:
    A-team
    Dat is good enough I think. However since I can't tell it for sure without my actual experience... You can open kdnf luke raid page and see if how many battlesader is there..

13. KEKEKEKKEE fk

IGN:
    ShitPlayer
    How much do luke sells go for atm?

14. Wing

Yunha you mentioned that F.Grappler is favored in physical party. However, you also mentioned (in your ask Yunha thread) that F.Grappler is not as favored as a holder b/c Luke bosses have an anti-hold mechanic, and all of grapplers damage is holds. Is F.Grappler still favored in physical party despite this?

15. 흐켱의소울

IGN:
    흐켱의소울
    Guild:
    A-team
    Around 15 million gold. In terms of 6 man sell party each seller gets 5 million gold.
    Let's quote abirbis' line.. "Need excellent pilot". Who knows how to temper with berserk gimmick can participate luke raid. Temper means maintaining berserk gage below activation point while same time still holds enemy... Very hard.. Control is more important issue than gear to f grappler. It doesn't mean grappler doesn't need gear.. Before current static, I was in absolute guarantee and we had f grappler and his gear was

Savior tonpa, dark gothic full set, ecstasy of five sense full set, remnant of super ancient civilization full set....

Eventually captain thought it was superior than mana vortex+cold princess full set weapon master that he got in instead of weapon master applicant.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. BlackDawn Fuck JavaScript

IGN:
    BlackPaladin
    Steam:
    Dankerinos
    Guild:
    VagrantEX, Auxilium
    Server:
    Cain
    Link to that page please?

17. 흐켱의소울

IGN:
    흐켱의소울
    Guild:
    A-team
    Link to dat page?... I meant ingame Luke raid standby area... I can link you Kdnf homepage if you want...

18. Haerhee

IGN:
    Haerhee/SakuraNoHana
    Steam:
    Haerhee
    Guild:
    Luminary
    Server:
    Cain
    I haven't read your whole post yet because it's late and I want to go to bed, but I just wanted to say thanks for always helping out and especially thanks for not listing out the 3-5 party tiers. The discrimination in DFOG when Anton hit was absurd and people were straight up neglecting specific classes (even if they were geared in epics) just because they were "low on the tierlist."

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  19. Dice_24K

I made it!
    [​IMG]

20. Isa Sheep

I love you Yunha.
    Good guide introduction.
    Can't wait to hear mechanics.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)