[Outdated]F.Launcher Skill Build guide

Discussion in 'Launcher' started by James, Sep 12, 2015.

1. James ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Hey! It seems to be a popular question in the general thread concerning what skills you should be leveling on a Female Launcher, so I'm going to take the time to give you advice on how to do it and why you might want to build that way!

Unlike some other classes, there isn't much build diversity between F.Launchers. They have plenty of SP to work with. They're very simple to build, however some may have questions still.

Here's a skeleton build
    This build pretty much includes all of your core skills. See how easy it is? However, you have plenty of SP to work with. The following will be suggestions on what to level with the remaining SP.

                              [​IMG]                              
    BBQ
    BBQ is a grab. You should have at least one point in it. Damage isn't stellar, and it has problems grabbing enemies later on. Max it if you really want to.
    [​IMG]
    Spriggan
    Spriggan is a grab as well. You should have at least one point in it. Damage isn't stellar, but it's a more reliable grab than BBQ.
    [​IMG]
    Leap
    It might be useful if you need to get away from something. Hand Cannons push you really far away when you're jumping, so it might not be too bad of an idea to grab a point in this skill.
    [​IMG]
    Needle Sobat
    Believe it or not, F.Launchers can use kicks quite well. They have a large amount of base attack & physical attack, so they can make use of the skill. I believe Mach Kick/Needle Sobat is especially useful, considering it has a sweet knock-back effect. At max, it has pretty decent damage for its cooldown. It also has a stun chance. Very nice to get things out of your face and help you reposition.
    [​IMG]
    Topspin Kick
    Some people advocate for this skill's usefulness. It has a good strong point of having a nice y-axis reach around your character to keep you safe from monsters coming from that area. It also has large amounts of hitstun for you to move/attack things afterward.
    [​IMG]
    MK2 Lancer
    This skill isn't amazing. However, it's not terrible. You can use it if you really like it. It's pretty slow, and you need to hit all of the shots to do considerable damage. Even if you do, it's damage isn't amazing.
    [​IMG]
    Physical Rear Attack​
    Yes, this skill exists. Yes, you can use it. It's not a big increase, but hey, if you're not interested in taking anything else, there's nothing wrong with a passive. You can easily get behind monsters if you have a party and wail on them, considering your range. Also, laser's hitbox starts from somewhere in the middle, not the front. This means it's pretty easy to hit from the back with!

If anyone else has recommendations for other skills, please post below. Preferably with a reason why.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Help! I don't have enough SP for all of the skills I want!

If you come across this situation, there are some skills you can lower without too much of an issue.

                              [​IMG]                              
    Steyr AMR
    Steyr is a kind of cool skill, however, the damage is lackluster. The TP passive for it sucks. The skill's best aspect is the utility, which is a knock-back. The drawing speed, however, goes up with level. At level 1, it's 0.3s. At level 31, it's 0.1s. That's a pretty considerable difference.
    [​IMG]
    Laser Rifle
    A really, really solid skill, with a solid TP passive. However, its usefulness starts to deteriorate the more geared you are. You focus in skills becomes even more heavily invested in skills like Flame Pillar, Flamethrower, and Gatling Gun. It leaves less time for this skill to be used. You can take some points from this if you feel like you aren't using it much.
    [​IMG]
    Quantum Bomb
    Average cooldown, nice range, nice damage, alright effect. I don't recommend lowering this one compared to the other two, but you can do it if need be. I think the AoE presence and shock damage isn't something you want to give up, but it's an option.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TP Skills

First and foremost, F.Launcher's TP arrangement is actually quite variable. Most of their choices aren't bad. To start off, I'm going to tell you about the must-haves.

                         [​IMG]        
    Flame Pillar Upgrade
    You need this. Flame Pillar is your 100% core skill for this class. More damage to it is what you want.
    [​IMG]
    Grenade Launcher Upgrade
    It reduces the amount of missiles fired while also increasing overall damage by a really hefty amount. There's no reason not to get this unless you have a vendetta against this skill.
    Optional TP skills
    (I have no idea why there's so much space between here and the table.)

                 [​IMG]                     
    Gatling Gun Upgrade
    For now, this is pretty optional. Gatling Gun before second awakening isn't great on its own. The upgrade increases its piercing rate and attack. Piercing rate is cool. However, this is really good once you get Sudden Annihilation or Hell on Earth 3 set. Those OV sets are your best sets.
    [​IMG]
    Flamethrower Upgrade
    This is also optional. However, getting it makes Flamethrower pretty great. Increases size, lowers hit intervals, increases damage, and less firing time. and it gets even better with Sudden Annihilation 3 set.
    [​IMG]
    Needle Sobat Upgrade
    If you maxed Needle Sobat, there's no reason not to get this. Increases damage and knock-back distance. Both are good.
    [​IMG]
    Spriggan Upgrade
    Increases the amount of shots at the cost of some damage. Not sure if it's worth it for overall damage, but even if you maxed Spriggan, I don't think it's worth it.
    [​IMG]
    BBQ Upgrade
    If you maxed BBQ, I guess you could get this. It merely increases the amount of shots fired when you grab someone with it. I don't advise this even if you maxed BBQ. There are better places to put your TP.
    [​IMG]
    Steyr AMR Upgrade
    It gives more damage to Steyr and gives it a bleeding proc for whatever reason. I tried it out. Not very fancy.
    [​IMG]
    Laser Rifle Upgrade
    Good. Increases size and damage. Very solid skill, very solid upgrade, get it if you want. If you use Laser, definitely grab it.
    [​IMG]
    MK2 Lancer SW Upgrade
    WARNING! This does not affect Lancer SW. It only affects regular Lancer. This is a typo on Neople's part.
    It simply increases the skill's damage. The skill already doesn't do much damage, so a tiny bit more isn't going to pull it into viability.
    [​IMG]
    Quantum Bomb Upgrade
    Cool. Good skill, alright TP. It increases the Shock level and damage of the skill. Not bad. If you love Quantum Bomb, get it.
    [​IMG]
    X-1 Extruder Upgrade
    Increases the suction range and damage. Not bad at all, grabbing more enemies with Extruder is always cool. Also makes the already beefy damage better.

This concludes the F.Launcher Skill Build guide. This is updated for pre-2nd awakening Fgunners, and will updated when they get it. If you have any build questions, please ask them here. Comments and suggestions, too.
    KEEP IN MIND SOME THINGS IN THE PRE-2nd AWAKENING GUIDE ARE NO LONGER RELEVANT AFTER 2nd AWAKENING
    With the addition of 2nd awakenings, F.Launchers finally fall into a streamlined build path. Compared to before, we're tighter on SP by miles.

The skeleton build* should look the same more or less. But sacrifices must now be made, due to SP restrictions. You'll notice in the prior link that some skills are left at one...

SKILLS TO CONSIDER REDUCING

Storm Bringers really fall into their niche of fire damage after their 2nd awakening. This should make it pretty obvious as to what the contenders are when it comes to dropping skills.

Steyr AMR: After your 2nd awakening, this skill is a nice filler to put in between core-skill rotations to make your cooldowns flow near-flawlessly. It does decent damage, low cooldown, and also has a fast animation.

Laser Rifle: This skill still isn't terrible. However, you might not find the SP to max it. If you really enjoy this skill or are built around it, put as much SP as you possibly can without sacrificing any core skills. I, personally, have it at 1.

Quantum Bomb: If you were on edge about this skill, it's definitely an alright idea to drop this down to 1.

SKILLS TO CONSIDER USING

BBQ: After the 2nd awakening changes, BBQ (with the TP upgrade) has become a solid choice. The TP upgrade makes BBQ into a real grab. That means: no more janky kick mechanics. If you are totally uninterested in any of the controversial skills discussed above, you can use this.

If you're not interested in maxing BBQ (I didn't), definitely at least leave it at 10 with the TP passive. Having a reliable grab is important.

*: The skill planner is not yet updated to Storm Bringer's 2nd awakening. In this case, all of the 2nd awakening skills are maxed out.

This class has had some major changes to a lot of skills and I don't even play the game anymore let alone the class. Refer to the general thread if you need help.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017 at 12:44 AM
  2. Pointy03

I think something of note about steyr is that every 15 or so levels the drawing time for it is lowered by 0.1 second, so at level 1 its 0.3s and at level 31 it's 0.1s.

I personally don't really like its damage but it becomes a much better utility to knock things back at 31 since it's so much faster. Really noticable in despair and such

• List
  3. James ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

I'll add that in after I stop messing with tables and fix the images. (Someone said they couldn't see them.) Thanks!

Edit: Okay, I added the info. Thanks for your contribution.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  4. Psych plaza empress

i love u james

5. James ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

So, I'm getting mixed results when I ask people if they can see the images. Some can't, some see mini-versions, and some see them perfectly fine. Can the people reading this please quickly just explain how they see the images? I need to know if I need to fix them or not.

6. Tea i wanna hana pana

Steam:
    TasteTea
    Guild:
    Communism
    [​IMG]

• List
  7. James ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

I seem to have fixed the no images/mini images problem, but it's taken a small toll on people who were already able to see them. I'll maybe fix that later. Maybe.

8. Psycho K Keeper of Territory

I see you're braving the frontier of BBCode tables. This reminds me that I really need to work on a magic Exorcist guide thing.

Needle Sobat [36] is 2162% + 18.030*I. Steyr AMR [34] is 1982% + 16.539*I. It would seem like Steyr is weaker, but once you apply Eagle Eye [10] and Overheat [13], Steyr is 3151.38% + 26.297*I, so it's about 50% stronger. This doesn't account for Steyr doing fire damage nor whatever stacks of Heavy Firearm Mastery you might have active which Steyr can actually benefit from since it's so fast. The same damage reality applies for Topspin Kick. I've tried both skills and I find Topspin more useful because what Launcher hates the most are things approaching on the Y axis and Topspin has a lot of hitstun. I haven't found a lot of practical applications for it in Tower of Despair, but it was at least more useful than Needle Sobat. Anything Needle Sobat can stun probably wasn't a threat to begin with.
    It's hard to say these are optional. The only time leaving these upgrades out would make sense is if your chronicle set had nothing to do with it or you had a better places for the TP (not likely).

Gatling Gun does more damage than every skill before Hellfire, so the only reason to not spend TP on it is if by some miracle, against every named or boss mob you encounter, all of your skill cooldowns are low enough that you can constantly use skills without ever needing it. Aside from Bakal, the King of Hitboxes and spinning Nugols, nothing is hard counter to this skill. Also, I'd say Hell on Earth 3 is pretty much unusable without Sudden Annihilation 3 to offset it.

Of these two, Flamethrower Upgrade is less optional. Doing more damage in less time is godlike. Having a bigger cone is also really great for taking down groups. The bigger size also makes it even easier to glue things to the floor with this skill after they fall from a BBQ + Steyr/Grenade Launcher combo. Both of these upgrades cost only 1 TP per level anyway.

9. James ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

I agree with the second quote. However, it seems a couple of people in the launcher thread seem to have really disliked to idea of getting TP for Gatling/Flamethrower before 85/SA 3 set. So I left it as "optional" even though I think you should just really get them. I would assume 100% of the people asking for build advice are pre-85. (Even though I still recommend it.)

The steyr/kick thing was mostly just what I was looking at from a glance. I'll fix that up.

10. InterstellarGunslinger ☆ Super Star ☆

Yeah, I didn't have any TP on Gatling/flamethrower pre SA 3. I slapped all that tp on laser instead because it was still useful.

11. Skiptrace

I prefer to run Topspin Kick and Rising Topspin Kick because It's an extra getup ability. I know it's not great for PvE, but I find it useful in leveling to clear away any trash that decides my ass is a nice snack after it hits the ground.

Edit: I only have 5 into TSK for the prereq to RTSK.

12. Psycho K Keeper of Territory

What do you mean by "clear away?" Unless I'm missing something, Rising Topspin isn't Berserk Dragon Cry. I also can't think of any situation where trash surrounds you for OTG pressure aside from the Scavengers in Scarver's room. Even then, the only thing that can KD you in that room is Scarver himself.

13. Skiptrace

Move the trash away from your knocked down ass is what I mean by clear away.

14. Lil Puddin Duke of Diabeetus

IGN:
    ALOT
    At first I was like, this doesn't give me what I need! AAAAAAAAA!

But it actually does. I recognized the difference between male and female is that female tends to use her fire skills more often and EX skills of course. So of course her SP pool wouldn't be as tight as any other class, especially without her 2nd Awakening. Thanks for making this. I was about to ask in the general Flauncher topic.

15. James ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Going to be updating this a bit for 2nd awakening. Builds are most likely going to be way more streamlined.

16. InterstellarGunslinger ☆ Super Star ☆

The glory of AJ Parts in 3 days

17. James ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Guide updated for 2nd awakening. It's not as pretty as before, but fuck tables. I might add some pictures later.

If anyone has disagreements or suggestions, please don't hesitate to say so.

18. InterstellarGunslinger ☆ Super Star ☆

I like to spam steyr regardless but that's just my so dump. I dropped laser rifle instead. Other than that everything looks well and good.

19. Zenruku SRK Memeber

Is this been updated for second awakening, because I dont see the skills on the skelton build?

20. rink

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)