Other Male Mage subclass ideas

Discussion in 'M.Mage' started by DeftFunk, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Bigfred

I thought of idea for subclass for M.Mage called Avatar
    Avatar - you become the vessel of the gods you take control of four powerful deities and the fourth deity will be the God of the abyss himself. Each god specializing in different abilites such as Superhuman Strength, Magic Buffs, Healing, Range Attacks will summon 2 or more gods to do your will and his awaken is called Deity Master. You transform into the God of abyss control all the powers of the Abyss.

2. Mike3031

That seems
    That seems...Interesting, though the god of abyss thing should probably be second awakening

3. Shirouzen Jupiter's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    op as fk
    I like it.
    I'd go super strength + healing every time.

4. Shirouzen Jupiter's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    sum hollow hollows fighting each other

5. NerdBayne

For a spear type male mage he should use 2 spears/ 2 poles like the F.slayer vagabond. Leather Type armor: physical damage. a super Melee physical awesomeness

6. Shirouzen Jupiter's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    Time mage, his buffs alter party member cooldowns and attack and move speed.

Time mage basic attack becomes: Chrono Trigger: shoots balls of time to slow enemies
    Time down buff: lowers cooldown but weakens attacks
    Time up buff: increases cooldown but greatly strengthens attacks
    Tick Tock: Time bomb is set up on one enemy
    Witch Time: Greatly Slows all enemies on screen for an instant (used to dodge specific attacks)
    Out of time: Mmage kills himself, triggering his ressurection phase and setting off a massive explosion
    Haste: Speeds up attack and movement speed by 50% at max
    Event Horizon: Slows all enemies on the screen while sucking them into a point
    All Things must age, All Things must die: Damage over time skill
    Reverse Flow/Time heals all wounds: Heals all allies within a certain radius

Awaken 1: ZA WARUDO: Stops (super grab) all enemies on the screen while time mage freely attacks
    Awaken 2: T.A.R.D.I.S.: The Time mage gets in a blue telephone booth and impervious to damage while ramming into all enemies on the screen (think girl mage ouroboros)

Yeah....all dem referencesssss

7. Kaylent

I think a wind based mmage would be hella. Press C to hover, and can be used during backstep, and abilities gain different bonuses when used while hovering.

8. michaelc

heh btw isnt witch time only for FEMALE witches? so i guessu would have name it something else then huh?

9. Garyuu *sigh*

IGN:
    BlueMagnolia
    Steam:
    StigroOne
    Guild:
    VagrantEX/August
    Server:
    Cain
    The only thing that's missing in this idea is giving MMage white hair.

10. Exacus In Onyx We Trust

IGN:
    OnyxRayquaza
    Guild:
    NewWorld
    Server:
    Cain
    [​IMG] So I was checking out some PvP rankings for MMages, and I found this O_o. Probably doesn't mean anything cuz its probably just Neople making a mistake somewhere with the coding and/or forgot to remove it.

11. Shirouzen Jupiter's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    Ghost/Soul class next? who knowssss

12. I recently had some time and was thinking about possible male mage subclasses. Besides thinking of the obvious wind user/time user/tribal spearman that uses spirits and spears, I had one idea that I ended up liking.

Shapeshifter class

Class summary:
    This class is all about transforming into other forms for extremely brief periods, just long enough to use an attack or two before transforming again, constantly throwing enemies off guard as you turn into forms they've never fought before. Transformations deal physical damage, so you use spears or poles. Probably light armor user, idk.

Class detail:
    Your skills will instantly transform you into another form and preform an opening attack. After that opening attack comes out, you'll hold the pose for 2 or so seconds, and then transform back to normal. During the pose, you have several options. You can double tap any arrow key (run) to instantly cancel the transformation and start moving (or maybe it won't cancel the transformation and you'll be able to move around in that form...idea is open), or cancel into another transformation. However, to get the most out of the class, you need to use the "extra attack" mechanic.

During the pose, you'll have a circular bar at the bottom left that quickly drains, which shows you how long you have left, and it will also have a number. That number indicates how many extra attacks you can preform for that transformation.

If you press X/Z/space/C (normal attack, skill1, skill2, jump) during that pose, you'll consume one "extra attack" count and preform...an extra attack. Using any transformation instantly gives you a set number of extra attacks, if you don't use them there's no benefit. You cannot use the same type of extra attack twice in a row unless otherwise stated.

There's also 4 "skills" given, which are basically hotkeys for each of the different commands. If you seal them and put them on your hotkey bar, you'll have to press that hotkey instead of attack/skill1/skill2/jump. Just an option for those that prefer that option.

Class skills:

Unexpected Attack
    Your sudden mid-combo transformations throw enemies off guard. +10% damage for cancelling one transformation to another, +5% for cancelling from a normal attack.

Fierce Weapon
    Weapon mastery passive. +damage, hit rate with spears and poles. Adjusts normal attack so that it works with your melee transformations better. Also maybe something extra for poles.

Transformation: Death Knight
    Transform into a heavily armored black knight wielding a bastard sword and a tower shield.

Special: This transformation gives a generous amount of super armor during it's attacks and gives you a buff during the transformation that increase defense and dark/curse resist, but reduces light resist. 1 extra attack by default.

Opening hit: Appear with the sword already above your head, swinging down while stepping forward, stopping before the tip hits the floor. Hits OTG. Has far less SA in pvp.

X command: Stab forward as a follow up, long forward range that has high hitstun and pushes enemies to the tip of the sword. Kinda gathers like shadow dancer's heart thrust.

Z command: Brace for an instant, then swing that mighty tower shield around in a decent arc, which does less damage then the stab but has a very high stun chance and pushes enemies away.

Skill2 command: Bring up the shield to completely cover you. Blocks even more damage, allows you to cancel into another transformation the instant you get hit. Your next attack will automatically be a counter attack.

Jump command: Basically upwards slash, but with a bit less range and no OTG.

Transformation: Acid Slime
    Transform into a terrifying pandemonium creature, a huge purple slime that consumes everything with its extremely strong acid. Your body is quite big in this transformation, which actually makes you kind of vulnerable...

Special: Anything hit by this transformation's attacks gets it's defense reduced by a fixed amount which increases with level (only one stack). You are also immune to poison and bleed during this form (using this skill auto-cures those two status effects), but your freeze/burn and water/fire resist go down. 2 extra attacks by default.

Opening hit: Appear and send out two short jets of acid one after another, at two different angles, one aimed low. If the jet hits an enemy, it splashes, hitting a decent area around it with the same amount of damage. Does moderate poison damage, but most of the damage is on-hit.

X command: The slime coils for a moment, then shoots out 4 weaker jets, one after another, straight ahead. The jets travel in straight lines at different angles and behave similar to the opening hit. They have pretty long range at will knock targets away a bit with each hit. You can repeat this move as many times as you like, it'll fire 4 more jets with no delay at the cost of 1 extra attack.

Z command: Twist and roil, then send out acid jets in all directions for a good AoE that poisons.

Skill2 command: Curl a bit, then pounce forward. Huge grab hitbox. If you do manage to grab something, they are consumed by the slime and are held for a few moments, their poison resistance is reduced and they take multi-hits that inflict poison (though most of the damage is on-hit), before expelled violently forward like trap strike. Heals you for every hit you deal in PvE. Super armored the moment the grab connects. Cannot cancel normally, must expel enemy first. Can expel early by pressing skill2.

Jump command: Settle and then jump, leaping high into the air. Super armor on the way down in pve. Has a pretty big hitbox on the way down, and then a small shockwave where it lands, doing good damage. Can be repeated, will bounce off of the ground relatively quickly. You can move around in any direction while in the air.

EX upgrade: +1 extra attack. During the skill2 command where you eat a foe, you can press jump to do the jump command while still holding the enemy inside you, doing a large amount of damage when you slam them into the ground. You can also press Z while in the air to do the Z command acid AoE jets the instant you land (which will also hit an enemy if you're holding them inside). Each of these takes up an extra attack, of course. Held enemies will be expelled the instant you land, unless you have another jump inputted.

...that's all I got for now. I have some vague ideas of what else there should be, like a "black mist" transformation (or alternatively, nano-machine cloud), turret/tank transformation, elemental spirits transformation, living sword/axe transformation, pheonix transformation, maybe a 9-tailed fox transformation, and then for an awakening/2nd awakening, maybe a giant dragon transformation.

I think for chron sets, you'd have one set focus on rapidly transforming between many forms as fast as possible, so it would reduce the number of extra attacks for most things to 1, but then greatly reduce their cooldown. Another set perhaps focuses on overall extra attack count, and a few sets that focus on a few of the skills by adjusting their extra attacks, damage, and cooldown in various ways.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  13. Mike3031

I had an Idea for a new character entirely, Dark elf who has some of Delezie's plague in him but instead of it harming him he is able to use it to his advantage, dealing bleed damage and Poison as well as being able to do quick attacks and combo a lot, like a mix of a thief and a brawler, with having certain subclasses that enhance his powers.
    Melted Warrior: Has alot of movement and projectile styled skill, they can move quickly and summon Goo clones as well as place Goo fields that poison and do damage over time to enemies, Can also heal himself by becoming a goo pile for a bit or standing in the Goo fields he makes. Subclass cosmetic: when idle he'll start melting into goo a bit, then pull himself together
    Infectee: Is a master of Very quick attacks, being able to quickly rush opponents and cause bleed as well as biting them to regain health, can summon infectee allies to help and even spread noxious gas to confuse and poison enemies. Subclass cosmetic: his arm is sort of Deformed like the Second infectee while also having stitches on him
    Delezie Vassal: is able to use lesser versions of Delezie's attacks, I.E. his Tornado thing, his drill attack, and his Zomblification attack which can turn enemies into allies for a short time while poisoning them and causing them to take increased damage. Subclass Cosmetic: He has a purple flame on him as well as a red glint in his eyes
    Dumpherion's minion: has attacks similar to Covetous Dumpherion and the Plaguemancer enemies, he can summon but also use Covetous Gaze to debuff enemies and then attacking with dark fields and plaque spawns like Divols and the Sources of plagues, his subclass cosmetic is that he has a Hood over his head like Covetous dumpherion

• Derailing Derailing x 1
    • List
  14. pickledsquid Bulge Emperor

Server:
    Cain
    i personally would really love another buff type class, and time mage could definitely fall into that catagory
    also some sort of dimension diver would be so cool, especially all the aestetic possibilities
    and definitely want a physical mage though, spears are awesome (totally want to be able to weild one of the tridents on a mmage <3)

going by the lore, there could possibly be some subclass dealing with hilder specifically. hilder has telepathy, so maybe theres something where the mmage learns to channel the same power and becauses psychic or something

but if we are going with the trend of each of the pre sub class skills being for each sub class, then we'd have to look at each ability.
    i think we 'might' be able to rule out teleport as a free-for-all ability since all the mage classes can use it effectively
    trap strike possibly be for some sort of grab style, but it might do well with the wind theme. maybe have it where its a physical mage that uses grabs and wind to fight, and also maybe can stay in the air for prolonged amount of time to do other abilities, kinda like fspitfire and her jetpack

a gravity mage would be cool too. holds enemies using gravity controlled magic

i guess the obvious would be an abyss summoner esque mage. the abyss is said to be a source of energy and "life" unlike any seen before. therefore, to go with the lore of the witches rebeling against hilder and continueing research on artificial life, could be a witch/summoner combined equivilent and possibly create creatures. so like a...demon spirit summoner thing.

TLDR: chronomancer- buff cdr, atk spd, cst spd etc etc
    abyss summoner- witch/summoner equiv. hybrid
    gravity mage- hold/cc
    shota stripper- uses poles to dance around in scanty armor/outfits. 2x when partied with a priest, 4x when partied with a crusader

15. Takeshi KB [ ♔ ]

IGN:
    Anzai
    Guild:
    Auxilium
    Server:
    Cain
  16. pickledsquid Bulge Emperor

Server:
    Cain
    yeah graviton would definitely be a hold character, spiritist might be like a chase equivilent where you channel spirits to transform etc etc

17. michaelc

well it looks like we know what classes will be now.. i bet someone said blood mage but hey male mage gos vampire... https://www.reddit.com/r/DFO/comments/4o0la9/new_male_mage_subclasses/ idk if people even read male mage page anymore but this crap makes me happy... male mage the 1st char with 5 subclasses.... heh suck on that boob knight class

also for people who hate reddit deeply heres a video
    male mage part shows up around 10:25

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  18. Garyuu *sigh*

IGN:
    BlueMagnolia
    Steam:
    StigroOne
    Guild:
    VagrantEX/August
    Server:
    Cain
    Ya don't say?

19. michaelc

i knew someone said it.... LOL i bet running wild will be happy now!

20. Garyuu *sigh*

IGN:
    BlueMagnolia
    Steam:
    StigroOne
    Guild:
    VagrantEX/August
    Server:
    Cain
    Look at the follow up posts past his though. lol Though I'm kinda pissed that what looks to be a wind class is called Swift Master (damn you, stonedkyuby), IF he's a wind class, then I am very, very happy.

Oh, and btw:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)