Other Male Mage subclass ideas

Discussion in 'M.Mage' started by DeftFunk, Oct 31, 2014.

1. DeftFunk

So what do you guys this the other Male Mage subclasses should be?

Personally, I love to see a physical class that makes use of his telekineses because I think it's a shame that the mages have telekineses and don't do anything with it. In fact, the Male Mage does use his weapon at all. I say something should be done about that. Oh any maybe toss in some wind spells for a splash of variety.

2. stonedkyuby Hmm

I remember in his lore there was the large list of other types of magic discovered from the void. One was called Hollow Hollow, which I really liked the name of. I imagine a Hollow Hollow as an Imp or Puckish sort of character. Avenger aesthetic, a darker witch like attitude, and a bit of the berserker's bodily motif. The class cosmetic would be a hole in your stomach, and the skills would include projectile vomit, biting, claws, Turning various body parts into cartoonish weaponry. I remember writing up an entire skill set, but I can't find it.

3. Kupo a moogle

IGN:
    KupoFlare
    Steam:
    the-spoops
    Guild:
    80percent
    Server:
    Cain
    I remember reading up about a planned "Unsummoner" class for male mages a long time ago, I liked that idea, though now I don't know if this game needs any more summoner classes.

4. Enoch the Fierce Not male fighter

IGN:
    IfYouSeekAmy
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Mechanic
    Summoner
    Chaos

?

5. stonedkyuby Hmm

You forgot Necro and Soul bender.

On another note, Unsummoner seems like a class centered around banishing things/sending them out of this plane of existence. Which would be hilariously broken.

6. Enoch the Fierce Not male fighter

IGN:
    IfYouSeekAmy
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Zieg and Nicholas don't count.

SB and Necro are like Magic Knights if anything. If we go by your logic, then Demon Slayer and Male Spitfire counts as summoner.

7. stonedkyuby Hmm

The SB's a summoner because most the shit he does involves summoning demons and controlling them.He does play like a magic knight, but there's still definitely a a theme of summoning. (Kazan, Bremen, Rhasa, Saya, Kalla, Blache,)
    I'll give you Necro and Demon slayer because I know fuck all about those classes.

8. Enoch the Fierce Not male fighter

IGN:
    IfYouSeekAmy
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Ehh... Soul Bender's ghosts are nothing more than buffs and debuffs anyway. Might as well say that Support Crusader is a Summoner.

Most of his damage comes from swinging his darkness power sword now.

Summoner type characters do damage indirectly.

9. Save 4 Less Now!

IGN:
    Malyx
    Server:
    Cain
    None of the Ghosts work like actual summons though, they're just glorified aoe buffs/debuffs. Soul Bender doesn't have skills that actively buff his Ghosts and he definitely has nothing to control his ghosts at all unless you count Blache (mass sacrifice that's still rather annoying to use in most cases) and Necromancy (hard-to-justify sp investment to kill 1 ghost for a buff that might not be worth it). Soul Bender's ghosts are best compared to aoes like Magical Exorcist's Suppression Amulet, Lightning Amulet, and White Tiger. If you consider SB a summoner because "lore reasons" then you may well consider Magic Exorcist a summoner.

While I hardly care about MMages and whenNever the last two subclasses come out, I do hope at least the Physical MMage is pure Physical and mostly fixed damage.

10. stonedkyuby Hmm

I have trouble seeing how a physical MMage would work out. It'd sure as hell would be interesting though, to say the least.

11. Enoch the Fierce Not male fighter

IGN:
    IfYouSeekAmy
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Neople will pull a physical male mage even if it doesnt make sense

After all a character that has Psychic Powers, magic circles and energy waves like Vagabond is still a physical class

This game needs mire Physical fixed classes though

12. Azrael Frozen Tyrant

M Mage physical spear user, lancer style combat please. I want jumping, impaling skills...

Just make Kain Highwind from Dissidia 012 skill set.

Seriously I thought they would make a class that uses pole and physical attacks, goku style

13. stonedkyuby Hmm

Something like battle mage, minus the chasers?
    I'd play that.

14. Azrael Frozen Tyrant

I hate battle Mage, but in my mind it would be a juggling class, that focuses on ground to air, and air to air techniques. Maybe damage bonuses for amount of times combo'd or kept air borne, idk

15. stonedkyuby Hmm

That actually sounds super interesting. A class that thrives on keeping enemy's in the air would be pretty different. Sounds like the class would struggle a little in endgame when pretty much every thing is fucking unlaunchable, like in Anton, but then again, what Male mage class doesn't? Ha ha ha....I just made my self sad.

16. Kupo a moogle

IGN:
    KupoFlare
    Steam:
    the-spoops
    Guild:
    80percent
    Server:
    Cain
    They thrive better in the end game with good gear, I don't think its really fair to compare their early game to their end game because their early games were always improperly balanced as is the case with a lot of new classes

I still want a lancer themed class so that sounds like a fun idea, I also have a love for aerial-themed classes so thats a plus

17. stonedkyuby Hmm

I know. I was joking about how GM and Ele bomber are apparently low tier in Anton. (Even tho I couldn't give a shit less about tiers.)

18. Can have a Dimension mage that
    can have an ability called 3 dementions and can only be affected by one of them but can hit all 3
    Can also have an ability that moves between the dimintions

19. stonedkyuby Hmm

What?

20. GodSmacker Hobo Sader & Friends

IGN:
    GodSmacker & KarmaMagic
    Why not have a transformation male mage that turned into different creatures he has seen in the Abyss in order to survive. That would also make a good physical M. mage simply transform into some sort of beast some can be melee others can be ranged. He could have like 4-5 different creatures with different elemental attributes that he can turn into that change the way some of his basic skills and xxx chain operate. They do need to make it clear that they're some sort of beast/creature and not a demon so there's no confusion with them and avengers.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)