Origin: The Beginning (2017 kDnF Summer Update)

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jay, Jun 21, 2017.

1. DFOlover

i wonder how long it will take to craft the new 90 epic weapons, since it will be "better farm system" and "more fun". :fupa3:

2. nihil679

Probably what I was thinking. I think they've been slowly tuning classes to be on a spectrum between DPS and support; many seemingly DPS classes still have components that help the party with damage dealing such as Spitfires' Flash Bang/shreds or Shaman's skill damage buff. Many "support" classes are still very much able to DPS, like FNen, Seraphim, and even Paladin (maybe).
    Probably in terms of party synergy nerfs, they decided there are a few that simply did too much damage amplification for a party while still being able to output strong DPS as a 2nd/3rd core.

One would hope this doesn't mean more homogenizing of classes and doesn't promote a "why play X when Y is the same thing but currently OP this patch," as it sounds dangerously close to doing.

3. ZailKnight BuffCrowSet

IGN:
    Sail
    Server:
    Cain
    At least 100 days or longer

Paladin looks alright to me in action

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2017
  4. Necrofancy Blame Blobâ„¢

IGN:
    You already know!
    Server:
    Cain
    You're underestimating how big of a problem bold is in scope when you say you're worried about the underlined.

Let's take a look at just Fnen. Fnen is a hard lock for a party slot in setups that really want to maximize their overall 4man damage, because ~42% damage on your other dealers make her significantly better than competing options for net benefits. This is really bad for class diversity on multiple fronts:
    1. This is taking out one of the three slots available because one slot is always going to be for a Crusader.
    2. Even the "Crusader" slot arguably has some big diversity change in that there are now two sader classes with the addition of Female Crusader. FSader also has the benefit of opening up mixed damage types in parties, which MSader usually precluded by having to stack either VIT or SPR.
    3. Assuming Fnen puts some amount of bias towards classes that can also deal or deal assist in magic and/or light damage. This undoes a lot of what they were trying to accomplish with FSader accommodating mixed parties.
    This is one class, out of quite a few classes, that are strong enough in both raw damage and "party synergy", that they are overwhelmingly better options than pure dealing classes in terms of net damage.

If you're looking at maximizing class diversity for things like Luke raid, then it's really hard for them to make the problem worse than it is right now, especially with the direction they've stated.

5. Psycho K Keeper of Territory

That gear swap change sounds hype. I'm very interested in how it will turn out for classes with multiple swaps.

Don't mind me. I'm just sitting around with all 10 pieces of every chronicle set on my mains :surprise: .
    (Kind of. Until we had the recent personal safe upgrades, I had to melt a few down/stow them away in repurchase. Still have the equivalent materials)

Draconid is still locked to Chained Fury 9 for Black Tortoise. Maybe that's why it's called Chained Fury :boxhead2: .

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Classy Classy x 1
    • List
  6. they could homogenize everything and give everyone 20% dmg party buff; it would suck and is the lazy way out but it could work

7. Raiban

FINALLY! Epic 90 weapons that have a gimmick to them and aren't just pure damage boosters.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  8. Haerhee

IGN:
    Haerhee/SakuraNoHana
    Steam:
    Haerhee
    Guild:
    Luminary
    Server:
    Cain
    "Please don't nerf me, I'm innocent." - Me (and every other FNen main), 2017

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Kiki Phantasmal Winter

Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    then y not just flat out increase everyone's dmg by 30%
    in any case i have a feeling this mightve been meant to pave the way for something else and not the current meta, i mean it is afterall jsut 1 part of a whole update whose entire purpose is balancing everything

10. i mean for buffs like khai oracle prayer flyswatter just so you can grab w/e class and be fine

11. Kiki Phantasmal Winter

Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    hm, khai and flyswatter arent in the same category of dmg buffs as oracle prayer since they're affecting stats that affect the dmg but my main point is that if they're gonna give everyone a 20% party buff but they all stack together at a cap of 30% then y not just give everyone a flat dmg increase at 30% anyway, its much simpler and doesnt need a pointlessly roundabout way of doing it with party buffs that doesnt make things pointlessly overlaps, it achieves the same purpose without making it mor complicated then it should be

12. JustaGuy

Say that to Werry: Limit Breaker... Sometimes being gimmicky isn't a good thing

13. Jenny Life The Protector of the Zodiac

I'd rather have gimmicky fun epics then plain boring op epics. I hope they give us more armor sets that do stuff like the 85 epic sets.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  14. Orphane Terminal Shitposter

Server:
    Cain
    i mean, out of the 3 displayed

they all still basically have passive effects - their "gimmicks" are mostly bonus on top of the damage modifiers (blood moon has 44% additional dmg, 10% str/int; sun eater is 20% skill dmg/30% additional crit dmg; bantu legacy is 35 ele dmg and 40% additional dmg)

15. Dark Lancer and Dragonian Lancer huh? Lancer here to stay, so I might as well check out the classes :surprise:

Dragon Knight looks pretty okay but I'm kinda liking Paladin; seems extremely simple and effective.

16. ZailKnight BuffCrowSet

IGN:
    Sail
    Server:
    Cain
    i dont
    werry is total garbage weapon

better gimmick weapon would be que sera

to add on, werry stacks have cooldown for individual stage. which means you could be at max stack, and lose all stacks at once and loses +2 2nd awakening bonus and there is no real way to keep on track on duration of the each stack

this problem strikes even more when you play in party, where party members dont come to the door right away, and that few seconds drops the stack and losing alot of damage.

where weapon like que sera, not only getting stacks are easier, but keeping the stack duration renewed every time.
    then there is also weapon like planet destroyer.. which is just simply better version of werry lol (both in option and stacks)

and sets that had gimmicks in 85 cap were all garbage as well if i remember it
    unless people want back in nexon days when epics were useless and uniques were far better. there was no point of grinding hell mode to get epics beside oh i have this epic that does something stupid. very few epics were actually good and useable over other unique items

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  17. belfrysol

i was about to say they could just balance it but you know what neople can't do shit right so nvm

flat stat boosts for everybody so you can enjoy your boring ass damage cap in a super homogenized game that used to be unqiue and interesting

:dead1:

18. ZailKnight BuffCrowSet

IGN:
    Sail
    Server:
    Cain
    rather have boring and all around good and useable 90 epics than memes that cant be used in raid

19. TheMechanicXYZ C.R.E.A.M.

So is Arad being transformed into old Arad again but like...sexier now or something?

20. Arrol

I doubt Neople could balance out and add gimmicky epics and not have it be useless, stupid or downright hurtful for raid times. Which is one reason I don't like raid.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)