Open Letter to Neople On Avatars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nihil679, Feb 26, 2017.

?

How would you like Neople to release avatars?

1. They should wait for every class to have avatars/packages to release them at the same time.

15 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. They should release them (seemingly) randomly and monthly.

57 vote(s)
    51.8%
  3. They should give us a monthly poll for us to pick the class(es)' next avatars.

56 vote(s)
    50.9%
  4. I have a better idea (please reply in detail).

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. They're doing fine with avatar releases.

10 vote(s)
    9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orbus

If that's because of nexon dfo I can kind of understand this reasoning since it often went numerous updates with just avatars to milk the players, but it's the complete opposite problem now.
    Everyone knows there's tons of avatars they're holding back, and neople is practically drowning the players in updates and events.
    They players are asking them, BEGGING them for more cash shop clothes.

Most mmo companies wish they had this "problem".

2. Kamoe YONAH! >:O

IGN:
    Egregori
    Guild:
    CrimsonDawn
    Server:
    Cain
    I was just about to bring this up, it's a great point. People will spend their money on what they think is a good purchase. If customers are begging for a certain product to be made available, I think it's in the company's best interest as well as the consumer's to make that product available. It's a win/win situation.

I think a huge avatar release would honestly make a good mid-month update between major content updates. It's not really much different than releasing a new package every month, we're no stranger to having updates that require us to spend money, so having a content update that's heavily cash shop oriented shouldn't seem so greedy.
    Also, if it's a matter of not wanting to because there are more avatars for X class and not many for Y class, I think most people that have Y class also have one or more of X class. So if someone has, say, a Lancer, which is sorely lacking in avatars and is also relatively new, is pretty likely to also have an older class like Male Slayer or Female Fighter, which have a lot more avatars to pick from.

3. FroggyCharm

IGN:
    Areyin
    Guild:
    Inhale
    Server:
    Cain
    I think that having a bunch more options in the cash shop would be wonderful. However, I do not believe that every package should be put back in. That takes away the incentive to buy them each month in my opinion.

I really would love more non-package options in the shop though.

4. Kamoe YONAH! >:O

IGN:
    Egregori
    Guild:
    CrimsonDawn
    Server:
    Cain
    Oh yeah, absolutely. I think most people agree, though, older packages that we haven't gotten yet that exclude certain classes like Knight or Lancer, or even the really old ones that exclude Male Mage, should be available in the Cera shop permanently since there's really no use trying to heavily capitalize on limited edition hype on sets that don't include all of the characters.

5. James ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

just wanted to take a second to mention the poll and say that while it would be ideal for them to give us a choice, i severely doubt they want to bother doing polls every month on avatars. just unrealistic/unnecessary is all.

6. Kudan7

also i feel that if they did that, there are higher chance for favorites and that be unfair for the people who doesnt play those classes.

7. Pyros

They'd pick the classes. So for example, first week is Fslayer, Thief, Knight. Obviously Fslayer wins. The week after, it can be Mmages, Thief, Knight. Maybe mmages win cause new class, but maybe it's thief or knight this time. They can also just be Thief or Knight the 2nd week, then the 3rd week whichever didn't win. You'd only vote for what we get first. Cause obviously if it's just voting for avatars for all classes everytime, you're gonna get all the mslayer/fslayer stuff before any other class and that'd suck for everyone else.

I voted for that cause it lets you kinda tell what's coming next, but honestly I'd be fine with them just picking whatever too, like they do currently. They just need to do it more often and not take breaks for 2months not releasing avatars like they do currently.

With content patches slowing down because we're caught up, I highly doubt we'll see more than one content patch every 1.5/2months now, unless they split a content patch to make it "multiple" content patches like they did for our 90 and the pvp patch that was part of the 90 but was cut. Then it makes sense to have filler patches and stuff, and a nice way to make a filler patch less shit is to simple add avatars to it. It's not even free avatars or anything, Neople doesn't lose money there, it's literally just adding more stuff people can buy, so more potential money.

Tradeable avatars and daphne and all that stuff can be discussed/reviewed later, it'd be nice, but at this point I think a lot of people would be fine with just more avatars to buy. The old shit that they're never going to sell in packages because they're missing knight/lancers. And it's not like they're running out of packages really, they still have the power suits package from japan and the arthur package from china and the doppel #2 from korea, and by the time they release these, they'll have more packages made by these regions.

8. nihil679

Actually, from what I recall for the poll back in May, they grouped together characters at (seemingly) random and had us select the "bundle" that would come out first. I don't remember the exact choices, but say for example:
    A. FSlayer, MGunner, FMage
    B. Priest, FGunner, Thief
    C. MSlayer, MFighter, Knight
    D. FFighter, MMage, Lancer

By mixing it up something like so, you can sidestep the "favoritism" just a bit.

9. YanDaMan263 lol @ u

IGN:
    Retsuhazan
    Steam:
    YanDaMan263
    Server:
    Cain
    They should at least shorten the gap between each avatar sets. Put 2 sets up for sale at once, one "old" set that we never got for cheaper with the current set with the power creeped items.

Dont matter how they do it, but at least make them available. I personally would like monthly rotations instead of the same set being on sale for like 3 months.

10. Sheriff The Deputy Sheriff

IGN:
    5heriff
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    I think TAO Avas should be sold in default shop at all times, and that all prior/old Avatars should be released into shop to give players options... That won't cut into any new Package sells, and maybe even raise it as people can mix/match more.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  11. Gismara

IGN:
    Gismara
    Guild:
    SunKenRock
    Server:
    Cain
    I would rather, that they get placed in the bind cube as tradeable avatars made as the result of two untradeable avatars fused together.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  12. Azure Lune I never said I was -good- at this

IGN:
    AzureLune
    Server:
    Cain
    Monthly avatar releases would be fantastic. Maybe even have their release be on the non-major update week so there would be more to look forward to on those updates?

Also, though not really related... I'd really appreciate more non package weapon avatars >.>

Honestly this wouldn't be a bad idea, considering the post release package could just not have all the other stuff that makes the packages so good(well, usually)

13. Fishman465 Most Opinionated WM in NA

IGN:
    Fishman465
    Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    Or at least make returns every so often even if it's just avatars. It'd be better than waiting for the planets to align (having money during the time they're available)

14. Azure Lune I never said I was -good- at this

IGN:
    AzureLune
    Server:
    Cain
    Also, and I don;t understand WHY they haven't done this yet since it seems like it'd be super easy... why are the base class avatars not available in the shop so we can dye them darnit?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)