Official Elven Knight Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Elven Knight' started by Dance, Mar 1, 2015.

1. rink

So pretty much it sounds like even with the weapon changes, you still eant to use zanbatos over anything else.

2. HunterXZelos I Ride Unicorns

that is correct, the game is about burst dmg and not about DPS, so having the highest burst is much more desirable

3. Kiwi-poi

Hi guys, I'm at a loss as to which skills are good to max and which to leave at 1, cuz they all seem really good if you spare the SP to max them (but of course you can't, and I don't know how tight I can be with EK's SP allocation). I'm not sure if there are any updated comprehensive guide to the class either, even though I've found some discussion here and in Reddit.

Anyways, so far I find that maxing verdant, jump, pulverize, harbinger, and chain strike gives me really strong burst skills and I've been rolling with this setup. All the other skills except Intercept, I leave at least 1 point as combo filler, though I've put a good number in disarm, overwhelm, and vanguard. I maxed all buffs and I don't use pony at all. So... that's pretty much the gist of it. How should I fix my skill build to become more efficient? And is stun-locking enemies possible? Because I'm considering changing my build so that it can stun enemies a lot (particularly regarding stark shield, boar, and sentence) seeing as we're always fighting our enemies head-on-CQC-super-armor style.

4. SkyArt

IGN:
    FlameEmpress
    Guild:
    Effortless
    Server:
    Cain
    Max all cubes except vanguard slash, natural restraint, and impregnable defense, all buffs, overwhelm and disarm. Rest is all prefference.

5. Kiwi-poi

Cool, I'll try this out. Many thanks :ok:

6. Lornthalas

Hey, I was wondering if anyone had a tier list for Epic Armors for EK including the Running in the 90's armors. Thanks. eyyy lmao.

7. rink

I haven't seen many posts surrounding the 90 gears, so I'm not sure how strongly 85's stack up to 90's, and what gear to go for with the recent legendary changes. However, a majority of the Korean YouTube and streamers I watch that main or heavily play EK are rocking Mana Vortex still with the 90 cap around. So not sure if MV is still a top tier, if not the top tier set, or if they just haven't gotten around to completing 90 sets yet.

8. SkyArt

IGN:
    FlameEmpress
    Guild:
    Effortless
    Server:
    Cain
    From what I've seen Full Plate set is pretty popular among the current 85s. MV kinda becomes less useful as we get more cdr later on, especially in our version since we got CD titles

9. rink

It's hard to say what's the best set. More CDR is always strong on EK since you can maintain chains easier which results in more damage. However, it does seem that plate sets seem stronger than non-plate sets. I have the full infinity plate set on my EK and that serves me well.

I'll see if I can hunt around and see if there's any tier list on Korean sites.

10. ntchesterx

Hi guys, since its getting quiet on events and stuff i decided to start an EK
    i used to have a lv59 chaos but summons not my cup of tea
    EK is pretty fun!

Was wondering would using Olympus Armor and go straight to Gracia a good idea? (or not gracia, which ancient leg set i should pick?)
    Weapon wise, if Epic is not in the picture (just rather grind hell on my other character) , is LIB the best i can get?

Thanks!

11. rink

1. The Olympus set could be pretty good. It's about the same strength as a halidom set, so it's a pretty good start. Not sure how well it will serve you for Ex Ancients, but it could probably get you through normal. If you are struggling, upgrade to halidom gear. There really aren't any strong Chronicle options for solo play, so pretty much your gear route is going to be Olympus -> Legendary.

As for legendary sets, Gracia and Sea God'sare both solid sets. A majority go for Gracia though.

2. Lib weapon is pretty good amd probably the best non epic weapon out there.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  12. SkyArt

IGN:
    FlameEmpress
    Guild:
    Effortless
    Server:
    Cain
    Go Gracia, Sea God is thrash.

13. Lornthalas

So, I was wondering . . . why is EK trash in PvP? It's not that you can't win as her and some of her combos are really strong. But goddamn, it seems like she has absolutely no answer to half the things people do. The big one I run into is people who jump . . . like F Fighter's Seismic Smash. Does anyone have any tips or helpful suggestions?

14. SkyArt

IGN:
    FlameEmpress
    Guild:
    Effortless
    Server:
    Cain
    Because she lacks approaches and has 0 y-axis.

15. Alduina Still Art Dick

"I like playing EK in PVP though."
    -Limeira

So apparently Finish! animation last long enough that you can Chain Rush into Vanguard after cap. The timing is pretty tight though.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  16. Fluttershy

How good is support EK rn? I played one in 1+1, and I've had the biggest trouble playing her out of all the classes ive played, but she seems to have some decent defence shread and the ability to buff teammate dmg, so I was wondering if I could build her support.

17. SkyArt

IGN:
    FlameEmpress
    Guild:
    Effortless
    Server:
    Cain
    Support Ek is pretty good for support, shred/holds/dmg buffs is op so you see a lot of them now. Also no real investment needed.

18. Fluttershy

For support EK, what do I need? I know I should get the 6pc chron that allows teammates to enjoy 50% of warcry's effects, then should I stack levels or should I get use tainted ov3 pieces for buffing war cry?

19. rink

So +1 level of War Cry gives +2% to the damage, and +1% Hit Rate as well. So ideally, you'll want more + increase levels to War Cry over tainted gear as your teammates benefit from the increase hit rate as well.

For the 6pc Defend and Cry you'll probably want Shoulder, Belt, Shoes, MStone, Bracelet, & Necklace. Pretty standard here. You can get an easy +5 War Cry without breaking the bank.

+1 from Sea God's Pants
    +2 from Gigadon Bone Slayer (195 or so Arad Meteors from Behemoth Region)
    +1 from an Olympus pet (they were 3.5mil last time I checked)
    +1 from Clone Avatar Top

Also you can farm a High Tech Ring. Right now it doesn't give War Cry, but when we get the HTR rework, it'll give a +1 (overall +6). It's a cheap way to boost your War Cry level. The rest of your slots, (sub equip, top, ring for now) should be filled with tainted Chron Gear to boost War Cry power.

20. giouji

found a mystaltein 85 epic bludgeon on elven knight today...thoughts?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)