Official Dark Templar Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Dark Templar' started by Dance, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Save 4 Less Now!

IGN:
    Malyx
    Server:
    Cain
  2. Holypie

So how does the total single target damage compare with the old destroyer?

3. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    its todays patch. it isn't live till tonight.

dmg probably changes ALOT depending on your position/enemy size since all the dmg is on the sword strike and not on the usir explosion like before

4. Holypie

That's kind of disappointing to hear, so you'd lose a lot of damage on small targets like most things in raid?

5. Pyros

I'm not sure you'd lose damage on single targets.

Current value at lvl 1 is 407% for every sword(swords hit twice, for 814%) and apply one stack of Usir curse that does 814% at the end. Explosions from swords that don't hit apply a curse but don't do any damage. So the target takes 1628% damage per direct hit and 814% per aoe hit from stuff around.
    In the rework, there's no more curse or double hit, I'm not even sure the swords even do any damage either. However the explosions were changed to do 1648% damage instead. That should mean that any direct sword will do 1648%(from the explosion it generates on top of the target), and any sword close will also do that. Sounds actually better? But not 100% sure on the mechanics of the rework/current.

On the other hand, you don't have a stupid amount of hit calculations going on like with the current double hits+bunch of stacks, which is what cause the stupid lag.

Patch should be live on test server, not sure if copy is broken like every other patch though, but it's the Fpriest patch and those are already playable. So someone with a DT could probably kinda check, although it's hard to tell what the fuck is going on with Destroyer.

6. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    positioning matters way too much with destroyer to get a good comparison. any slight change in positioning would change your dmg value. So it would be almost impossible to get a direct comparison.

this was already patched in dnf previously to deal bigger hits instead of large numbers of smaller hits so the lag was reduced significantly.

Not everything gets ported over to test server so its a pain in the ass to test.

7. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    after testing destroyer in live, it seems to be stronger for single target but much weaker hitting 2+ mob.

but the positioning like i said is pretty crucial. my dmg on nugol ranges from 290m to like 210m depending on where i use destroyer.

8. I started working on a DT shortly before the announcement of 90 cap. I've been focused on my Rogue as a "main"; however, the fact that she never completed an epic set or even has a non-swap weapon as her main makes me feel like it's basically a reset for her gear at 90cap anyway, so I was considering swapping over to DT if I had to farm all over again anyway.

I've seen mentions that Dark Gothic still holds very strong at level 90; however, the idea of farming Grandine or Zelva at 90 is a bit distressing. Does anything hold up for at least Luke Normal that we can obtain currently while still going for the 85 - 90 epics? For example, would the Vilmark 6pc support setup still be something worth bringing to Luke Normal, or does it just not hold up very well?

9. AliasZ

IGN:
    AliasN, bbyNen
    Server:
    Cain
    DG is not good enough to warrant farming 80-85 hells at 90 cap. Most of the unupgraded 90 sets are pretty comparable to DG and the weapon/acc/special equip pool is way, way stronger in 90 hells. Vilmark 6pc is good enough for Anton, but you'll need sell party level gear for luke, either a full 85/90 set or 3pc 90 set with strong offslots since vilmark set damage is very weak.

10. Holypie

Since DT is a ridiculously broken class you can get into Luke raid with a 3pc 90 set and good off slots, so there's not really much point in farming DG. Even some of the other 85 sets like Mana burn are powerful, although they're weaker than gothic they're still totally fine sets to use. Giving up the absurd 90 cap drop pool just for gothic isn't worthwhile.

11. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    Noone will take you even to Normal Luke with a 6pc vilmark unless you have good enough dealers to where they dont mind taking one dead weight.
    Gothic is still strong and is still one of the better sets. It's just not worth going after them in 90 cap because the acc/special equipment gears for 90s are far superior than 85s and under.

No 3 pc 90 +@ is better than gothic. You'd need a full 5pc set in order to be comparable or stronger than gothic. This one dt was very upset because his 3pc super continent plus 2 gold suit was weaker than full gothic

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Holypie

Oh I didn't mean that it was better than gothic, I meant that it's sufficient to get into Luke raid. Like even with setups that are weaker than gothic like 3pc+@ or other 85 sets you can pretty easily do Luke, so giving up everything else in the 90 pool just to try to get gothic is really not worth it. I'm surprised that 3pc supercontinent can't beat gothic though.

13. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    idk about "easily" doing luke. Normal luke in a full party maybe. I guess it depends on your meaning of easy. unless you are in a static party, your dmg changes way too much depending on who you have around you.

i also did note that its not worth it to go back to grandine because your acc set ups is just as important as your armor pieces, as well as wpn.
    can't just have one good section of gear.

14. Holypie

Oh yeah I was agreeing with you, the 90 accs and special equipment are just too good to turn down.

Easily do Luke was poor phrasing on my part, I meant that it would be enough to get in.

15. Crizor

So if you were 4/5 DG and not close to crafting it, only have like 30% after combined shards, what would you do?

16. Mister Jakobs tomorrow

Server:
    Cain
    I didn't realize until after I put on the olympus bead that it probably won't give +1 level to congest. I noticed that my hide level didn't increase from it despite being an active skill, then read the text about exceptions for skills that master at 1. Oops. Congest works the same way (master 1, max 11) so I assume it also won't apply.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Holypie

I was afraid of that as well but then all of the other +1 items have the same text like ghost train pants so really there's no way to tell other than waiting until we actually get the changes.

18. Mister Jakobs tomorrow

Server:
    Cain
    Oh you're right, I didn't notice that other things had the same text. But it's worth noting that things like GT pants do increase hide level while the bead doesn't. Seems like a rule that is strictly enforced only by the bead, so I don't have much hope of it working still. We'll just have to wait and see, as you said.

The unfortunate thing is that there's a chance we won't even get the congest changes until after the bead expires, which would make it impossible to advise people one way or the other.

19. mMarikom I actually never know what I'm doing

IGN:
    Foleo, PrincessSama
    Guild:
    Factory
    Server:
    Cain
    Is the +18% Attack damage on Enchanted Sharp Fang Smash or Elenore?

20. Holypie

It's elenore, basically just a better, cheaper lib.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)