Official Dark Knight Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Dark Knight' started by Duo, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Just not sure, modifiers or... more ele and stats cause ele Elenore from Gracia

2. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    I think just settling for Gracia and Bulky holds the class back too much

I read that even 1 level 90 accesory already beats 3 pc bulk

3. Laande Third best girl

IGN:
    Ilynnit/Kriiha
    Guild:
    TGP/Ingenious
    It really all boils down to if you're looking for flexibility or if you're okay holding onto the same thing until you can break it with a various. Like for example I tend to love to stockpile on invites on my characters until I can spam full fp bars of hells. Bulky into 6pc gracia with current pack title and pet to cover crit damage and smash is perfectly fine right now, With my preferences I much prefer doing something along the line of dusky 6pc going 5 armor and neck with raid ring, GG bracelet, either GG sub or blooming shadow with a shadow runestone magic stone since I live that shadow damage life. It's no where near as flexible as gracia but I don't mind sticking with what I have until a various happens, that and I really don't like opting out of rushing enchant beads in anton since those are just soooooo good and can raise the value on a nice tradable legendary.

Going the gracia/bulky option also saves your anton raid feat for if you may need something and can insta upgrade it to best option. I do recommend that a lot more than my option personally but aaaaa.

Also the thing on 1 90 acc insta breaking bulky, for the most part being true that mostly applies to anything that isn't sky trav pieces or senses ring. Everything else could easily break that in an instant.

4. Appreciate the info guys and your time in it!
    But ya, as I said, this like my 6th sub main, all invites currently going to my 2ND sub main (SB), and after upgrading main from NG to radiant. Don't know if I'm planning to raid on DK as well due to time constraint so that's why I am leaving him Gracia + bulky. Can't go other sets as lol, I already farmed up 3600 reports before the quest legendary update that I was unaware of.
    So yea... really just need info on
    1. difference between cloth and plate and how much?
    2. Decision on pet and title. Starting to slide towards battle suit title and crit pet as it sounds better, thought my light damage gonna look poop lol

Also, iirc, between our skills we are mostly % and independent right? Iirc, I think daiki mentioned m/pattk>independent>stats?

5. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    If you're staying with Gracia/Bulky which is good then use the Battlesuit Pet and Title

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Laande Third best girl

IGN:
    Ilynnit/Kriiha
    Guild:
    TGP/Ingenious
    While The hybrid enchants are the best overall, those are fairly expensive so you'd want to go phys/mag attack to boost your highest damaging skills like time break and dark flame sword. The fixed skills will get plenty alone with just refine and your high base stats.

• List
  7. Awesome thanks you 2! Guess I'll prob pick up plate for Gracia too and call it as that. :)

8. Laande Third best girl

IGN:
    Ilynnit/Kriiha
    Guild:
    TGP/Ingenious
    I mean, you can always just nab a m seal armor of each type and see which stats you like better on mastery.

• List
  9. U right, will do just that

10. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Question isnt cloth for magical while light for physical?

11. Laande Third best girl

IGN:
    Ilynnit/Kriiha
    Guild:
    TGP/Ingenious
    Legendary wise yeah, epic wise depends on what you get and while there's somewhat of a physical bias you can go either way when it comes to epic sets. My bias is and always will be magic damage though so i veer to the magic/hybrid route, plus that dark flame sword damage is <3 And the 5/11 changes to reinforcement in kdnf will make what weapon you choose more of preference unless you live that pure max stat life.

12. Tantarian Everyone's Grudge

IGN:
    Tatra
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    An epic set is an epic set. Basically whatever set you get from hell modes will increase your damage more than whatever piss-poor stats armor mastery gives. That being said, DK's have armor mastery for everything but leather, so you are almost always going to have it unless you are running Black Formal/Fiend. That's why I'm livin' that plate armor life. I wish I had a cloth set for the passive casting speed. qq
    Most of the high geared DNF videos that have been posted in here are either magic/hybrid builds using Dark Gothic, or physical builds using Super Continental. I prefer magic/hybrid over physical significantly, but that's because Dark Flame Sword does incredible damage because it hasn't been changed in DFOG yet. With the changes to Illusion Slash and Dark Flame Sword, does physical become the preferred build or is it because Super Continental is that good of a set? I figure you might have a little more insight because English DK information is extremely limited.

13. Laande Third best girl

IGN:
    Ilynnit/Kriiha
    Guild:
    TGP/Ingenious
    The shift to physical was mainly due to dark flame sword losing the ignore def part of it in infinite. However I still see a lot of DK's on Naver who still have dark flame sword top their damage charts with even a greatsword. Though as i said with the changes happening to reinforce where it's adding attack on instead of pierce and the high amount it is it really shouldn't matter anymore in the end what weapon you use.

I'd like to say supercont is chosen the way it is because it gives % phys/mag/iattack and given dark knights lack of any damage increasing buffs it just gives him the most bang out of any set. And with th e+2 to your 45's and +1 to time break it's just a great set. Which using that I guess people prefer going for what works on the mastery for stat stacking.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  14. Tantarian Everyone's Grudge

IGN:
    Tatra
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    All of the 90 sets are bananas in their own special ways, with Corrupt 7 Sins being the worst. Super Continental would be nice to have, but I'm significantly far off from finishing Radiant, let alone being Luke ready. If I would be close to getting any upgraded 90 set it would be either Fiend Venatar or Gespenst because I'm 4/5 on both Black Formal and Crow Ceremony, but we all know 4/5 is a long ways off from finishing a set.

In other news, I'm super disappointed right now. I finished my Cold Princess set today and discovered that it's significantly worse than the random epics I'm using right now. I even tried using it with an Excalibur (+10/8) to see if the significant increase in elemental damage and skill attack would make a difference and it's not even close in power level. It's the only accessory set I've ever finished and it's hot garbage.

15. so i've run into a conundrum

upload_2017-5-24_14-34-58.png
    target was Reinforcement Machine with Critical +100 training buff for more consistent damage (my normal crit rate is hot garbage). i just looted Dark Star (the Byeo above is +10/+8), was hoping All Attack +42% would mean something for my damage, obviously this isn't the case. here's my gear normally:

upload_2017-5-24_14-35-23.png

it's been mention elsewhere in this thread that Dusky West is probably better for DK since the raw stats are pretty good, and forced shadow on some skills and all that... should i be taking this opportunity to start working on the cloth version of that set? don't think i'm gonna be completing a cloth epic set, much less any set period, within my lifetime.

16. Tantarian Everyone's Grudge

IGN:
    Tatra
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    There are a few things you have to consider when testing weapons. Unless the Dark Star is +10/8, you won't be able to accurately test your damage compared to a +10/8 Byeo. The refine 8 matters a lot for skills such as Wave Spin and Dark Break because they are both fixed attacks for the most part. Also, going from 50% Smash to 10% Smash is a pretty significant drop, and elemental damage adds less damage the more of it you have. Gracia already gives a ton of light damage, so you are getting diminishing returns from the +25 elemental damage from Dark Star.

I've done pretty extensive testing with the weapons I have, and Dark Star comes in dead last most of the time. I've been meaning to post some pictures on here to display this, but I work full time AND I'm lazy as shit. Savior Zanbato comes in first place, followed by Excalibur, then Muramasa, and finally Dark Star. All of them are +10/8 to ensure that the results are accurate. That being said, it also depends heavily on your gear. For example, Muramasa might be better than Excalibur if you already have a high amount of elemental damage.

Speaking of Gracia, stacking shadow damage won't matter as much because Dark Flame Sword is getting nerfed on May 30th. Right now the shadow damage ticks completely ignore defense, but after Infinity, that defense shred attribute gets removed, the damage is increased, and the cooldown is reduced. This means that stacking shadow damage isn't as important. You should ideally stack it, but Gracia is an extremely powerful set, so it mitigates that. On top of that, you are already 6/6 on it, so starting from scratch on Dusky seems like a waste because it either won't be an increase in damage or it won't be a significant one for the amount of time, effort, and money.

When it comes to epic sets, you don't really pick what set you get unless you happen to have a lot of money laying around like Scrooge McDuck. The first set I completed was Metal Line. Plate isn't exactly fantastic for DK's, but the benefits from having an epic set outweighs whatever armor mastery benefits you may gain. Also, never say never about getting a set. I never thought I would finish a set either, but just tonight I finished Black Formal and I am only at 13% level 90 frags or so. It's all RNG, so anything can happen.

Last edited: May 27, 2017 at 2:22 AM

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)