Official Dark Knight Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Dark Knight' started by Duo, Mar 2, 2015.

1. fair enough on Wave Spin, i just don't really like using it because it's not as godlike as Agni Pentacle (also it doesn't super hold and it didn't get the "holds Building-type enemies" buff Agni did, which really annoys me)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  2. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Wave spin and agni are oranges and apples lo

Wish dk got the uneccesary buffs asura had :D

3. Tantarian Everyone's Grudge

IGN:
    Tatra
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    If you watch any well-geared DK's run Luke or Anton, they almost never use it as a hold. They use it and then go into the next chain because the orbs still spin. I like going Wave Spin into Time Break myself. I honestly wish Dark Fall got the buff Tombstone just got where it becomes an AoE and not a RNG AoE.
    God, I wish DK's got as much attention as Asuras did, but the vast majority of the community hates DK's because we are the demonic lancers of slayer classes. lmao

4. i know, i know, it's just hard to get out of that habit when you also sub an Asura

and then when you DO manage to hold something with it, Wave Spin's hitstun does weird things to the enemy's trajectory and sometimes you can't juggle afterwards and UGHHHHHHHH

5. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Dark knight was basically forgotten between its Birth and 2nd awakening :huh:

Asura kinda deserved alot of its buffs, back in NA Nexon it was almost the laughing stock of slayers in terms of damage/ half of his kit being almost unusable

6. Tantarian Everyone's Grudge

IGN:
    Tatra
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    Bruh. You don't have to tell me. I mained an Asura for like two years on Nexon's DFO, and then didn't stop maining one until a patch or two before 90 cap.
    Ikr. And the next time he'll feel love again is when they decide to give characters third awakenings.

7. actually now that i look at my build again i could probably do much better than what i have now, but i'm ridiculously OCD about having only 1 cube skill in my most used combos and sorting them by their parent skills

upload_2017-4-30_0-29-7.png

believe it or not it was actually worse than this in the past, i had 5 "don't know what the fuck to do with these" cube skills on the H hotkey and none on the A key, mostly so i don't have to either waste a stage 5 cube skill on one mook or force it off cooldown

i'll probably look into making my combos a little less shit when (or really, if) i get geared enough for endgame content

8. Tantarian Everyone's Grudge

IGN:
    Tatra
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but I really enjoy the combos I created. It required hours, and I mean hours, of refining in the training room. I started off by looking at some builds online and then just started experimenting and tweaking slowly until I got comfortable with something. Obviously different strokes for different folks, but it never hurts to give it a try. There are a ton of different builds that people have made, so you can use one of those as well to give you some sort of direction.

There are two skills I will never use, no matter what build I have, simply because of how slow they are. I tried putting them in different combo chains forever and it just made the cooldown too high and the animations are too long. Dark Rave and Dark Sword are awful and should basically never be used in my opinion. You already have a million other viable skills. Also, having all of this SP invested into low cooldown skills such as Dark Slash or Bounce Blow is a huge waste. They should be used as filler and nothing more basically.

A lot of people look at their builds the way you do. A whole bunch of low cooldown skills and then one cube at stage 5 that you can use regularly. I honestly prefer having multiple viable chains that have good skills at both stage 4 and 5. Most of my skill chains roughly take 17-20 seconds to come off of cooldown while using a katana, which is rather slow because I know many have their cooldowns down to around 12-15 seconds. One of my chains takes 24 seconds, but that's because it has both Dark Bust and Charge Explosion in it.

It's honestly pretty easy to get geared for end game content as a DK. We get the most out of Frankenstein'ing epics, plus Space-time Union helps ensure that there isn't too wide of a damage gap between physical and magical skills.

9. i originally had more SP on my H hotkey but realized how dumb that was because that hotkey contains all the skills i hate using and i never use the hotkey itself anyway except on trash mobs (even then, not as often - i'm more likely to use my top row for that), so i figured i'll put SP on skills i'm actually trying to hit things with even if it's just a piddly little damage increase

and yeah, i hear ya on the training room thing, i spent hundreds of times longer in training mode with DK than any other class just making sure my hotkeys combos actually comboed - under any other circumstances i'd only be in the training room to learn command inputs en masse

i also agree with you on Dark Rave and Dark Sword being trash, i even had Dark Rave on my H hotkey at one point because i just really didn't know what the fuck to do with it. nowadays i have it after Shockwave for a jerry rigged version of Ground Quaker → Deadly Enticer → Agni Pentacle since DK doesn't have a direct Deadly Enticer analogue. for once OCD didn't shit up my build here since that's actually helpful for extending the hold overall.

i know DK is the master at MacGuyvering epic builds considering the nature of the class but i really just haven't been putting invites towards my DK so i don't have many epics to begin with. if it wasn't obvious enough from my profile i main male ranger, and i'm slowly making the switch over to DK because being locked to revolver isn't fun, plus i can't play him well in endgame content because by some bizarrely awful luck i get half a frame per second solely in Anton areas as i found out the hard way doing Anton normal for the first (and last) time a few months ago. figured if the only way i can do combat is through hotkeys, what better class to do it with than DK?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  10. Tantarian Everyone's Grudge

IGN:
    Tatra
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    Some of the skills on your H bar are good though. Draw Sword, Dark Explosion, and Dark Fall all do respectable damage. Since you are a physical build, you should definitely be using Dark Explosion at the very least. Dark Explosion into Wave Spin is very good for example because Dark Explosion launches a lot of enemies upwards, then Wave Spin grabs them out of the air. If you cancel into another chain immediately, Wave Spin will no longer grab them, but they will be stuck in the air each time they are hit by the orbs, effectively juggling them for a few seconds.

As easy as it is to compare DK to his slayer counterparts, you really can't. DK's are a different beast entirely that just get to use a bunch of neato slayer skills. High level DK gameplay looks very different from any other slayer class. I found that the class became significantly more enjoyable once I figured out what my skill build and skill chains were going to be. That awkward phase when you don't know your chains very well is terrible or you aren't confident with them is terrible. I think it's one of the reasons people are driven away from the class.

I used a lot of DI on my Indra before I decided to make the change to my DK, and now he's significantly better equipped than him, so it's never too late. I've only ran Anton raid twice because my guild's static group is constantly full, and I refuse to run pubs because of the experiences I've had with other MMO's. I've been thinking about finding a raid group that will take me, but I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to do so.

Once you figure out your chains and get to the point that you have them memorized, that's when you'll really start to enjoy the class.

11. KEKEKEKKEE fk

IGN:
    ShitPlayer
    You don't do anton raid? You should because with your gear just about any party would accept you in a heartbeat and it is really not that hard since you can solo carry 3 dead weights anyways. Your gear is easily good enough to do 4 man sell (probably need infs or 5s if u wanna do 2man).

12. the thing about Dark Explosion → Wave Spin though, if you can't launch an enemy (with Dark Explosion or otherwise) you probably can't normal hold it either (again going back to me being pissed off about Wave Spin not getting a super hold buff). also discovered that bit about Wave Spin continuing to juggle after canceling it through my own time in training mode, but like i said earlier it kinda fucks with the enemy's trajectory (every hit kills their horizontal movement) so it made juggle combos way more annoying as i had to keep repositioning myself while Wave Spin was juggling them

me not using Draw Sword is mostly my fault, i hardly use the skill on WM (why bother when you can have Lightning Draw Sword wipe the whole room for you), plus i just never found a good spot to put the damn skill in except my H key which i at least try to salvage as a "kill all trash mobs near me" button (and in that respect i should probably move all my SP back to those skills)

i should probably stop making excuses to not experiment with my build again and just fucking experiment, i got dual skill build license on my DK for fuck's sake. don't mind me, it's 6 AM and i'm just typing whatever nonsense comes up first on my mind at the moment

13. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    I remember my DK getting into anton raid with only 6 pc gracia and a couple of epic accs

The community is lowkey pretty thirsty for this class esp for parties 'lf DPS'. But DK is just rare all around in raid(doesnt mean it bad though)

14. Tantarian Everyone's Grudge

IGN:
    Tatra
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    I've researched about how to do Anton raid and all that fun stuff, but I just simply refuse to join a pub because when I played WoW it was always, and I mean always, a trainwreck. If you know of a good static raid that's looking for a geared DPS, I'm your man.

Even if you can't hold or launch them into place, those two skills still do a lot of damage for both physical and magical builds because they are both fixed damage. Draw Sword is extremely good the faster you get your attack speed is. I have Draw Sword -> Dark Wave Fall at the end of one of my chains. You use Draw Sword then immediately cancel into Dark Wave Fall, so you basically go through half the animation of Draw Sword for 100% of the damage if you use those two skills, or any cancel-able skill, back to back.

Like I said, you can't compare DK's to other slayer classes even though he uses all of their skills. They are entirely different beasts. You are literally at the worst part of playing a DK right now. You have all of your skills, but you don't know exactly how you want to put them together. It's like putting together a puzzle.

15. Haven't really kept up with the threads here, but what would he differences be between full cloth armor oppose to full plate?
    With my current play style, I would like to go full plate Gracia as my build makes it easy to get hit, but if it's a notable difference then I'd rather do cloth for more speed and mattk.
    Also, between battle suit title + pet, or nornil + oath of light which is better?
    Build be Gracia set armor + mstone, pars, dark star and soon to be bulky. The 225 free stat is appealing lol

16. Or maybe arad title and crit for modifiers since I'm lacking both in build

17. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    What are your accs?

I only think battlesuit pet and title is only good for beginners

18. Laande Third best girl

IGN:
    Ilynnit/Kriiha
    Guild:
    TGP/Ingenious
    Battleroid will fill the gap between now and the re-release of ignis and aquajello that should come with the dop package(if neople doesn't screw with us on that). Afterwards if you're serious about any class you should get one of those two then replace the missing battleroid mod if it was crit damage. Though by then you should be able to easily do that with raid running or buying for the crit damage ring.

19. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    I lowkey regret having a +29 light damage title because of how fast i dumped Gracia setting

I wonder if olympus title would dobetter

20. I will soon to have bulky (gigantic presence).
    And I mean, this is like my 6th sub main so Gracia and bulky is bout as far is I'd go. Not quite a fan of those pets either though I know they give good bursts when it's off CD, but I find it a hassle =3=
    Raid acc prob out of the question since bulky be better as I don't have good off slots to cover the other 2 acc.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)