Official Dark Knight Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Dark Knight' started by Duo, Mar 2, 2015.

1. KEKEKEKKEE fk

IGN:
    ShitPlayer
    Here are some dk youtubers that i found with upgraded set(only super cont)
    Supercont + inf ring brace sub+ filir + chaos earring + rosetta + sav zan

Supercont + 5s + 3 civ + excal

super cont + 5s + 3 civ + savior zan

super + 5s + 2civ + excal + 45 all ele mstone

Here are the ones with upgraded savior
    dg + upgraded katana + pars + rosetta + 5s + some earring

crow + upgraded ss + 5s + 3 civ

ng + upgraded zan + rosetta + pars + 5s + some earring

EDIT: full heblon dk

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  2. Tantarian Everyone's Grudge

IGN:
    Tatra
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    Jesus Christ. This goes to show how overpowered Super Continental and 5 Senses really are.

I wish Radiant pieces would actually drop for me, but nope, only 1/5 on the set. Instead I'm stuck with Metal Line. I feel like a slug with how slow I move and attack. The best thing from the 2nd anniversary events was the 30% attack/casting/movement speed pots.

3. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Someone told me Black and White mask doesnt work for DK because of the Equalizing passive.

But it does :fupa3:

4. Tantarian Everyone's Grudge

IGN:
    Tatra
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    The critical part works? I figured it wouldn't because of how Space-time Union is worded. It must calculate your base crit THEN apply the passive to equalize the crit then.

5. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
  6. Tantarian Everyone's Grudge

IGN:
    Tatra
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    You better not use that over Par's or else we're going to have to have a serious conversation. :I

7. are any of the post-rework quest legendary sets worth replacing Gracia over? i've been mulling it over since the relevant patch notes came out and i'm still not sure if i should switch out of Gracia, even though some of his skills are shadow damage.

8. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Maybe sea god or western

But i still prefer gracia, the above options are there who are locked to certain elements anyway and DK is neutral

Also asking for advice on how to do zombies on durable leg, i barely get sent to that place and i just derp out and try to bloodlust some of them into circle

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  9. Auora

There's a bunch of different ways you can do zombies (should watch the above videos), one of the easiest ways (for the bottom circles) is stand facing wall and wait for zombies to get on circle and just dfs to kill em right on top.

10. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    I should get DFS

I cant stand having a 45 skill without Maxed TP and sometimes just forget to use it because i used all the Space time balls to use another high level skill. I feel like taking it over illusion sword because that skill is "slow"

Bih, why have to use 10 skills before getting a hit end?

Also, is Wave Spin and Outrage Break (?)the biggest consisten DK danage dealer?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  11. Tantarian Everyone's Grudge

IGN:
    Tatra
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    Gracia is still the most powerful legendary set overall for most classes, but Dusky is good as well simply because of the raw stats you get from it. Gracia basically forces you into light damage which isn't ideal because your second highest damaging skill (Dark Flame Sword) is partially locked into shadow damage. The melee hits from DFS can be changed, but the DoT cannot be changed out of shadow damage. Dark Ball, Dark Fall, and Momentary Slash are all shadow damage which do decent damage.

Dark Knights aren't neutral. Like I said above, half of DFS is locked into shadow damage and it's your highest damaging skill other than Time Break. You don't want to settle for Gracia because you're gimping yourself by stacking light damage over shadow. It's a good set, but not that good.

I personally don't love Illusion Slash, but it's good in some situations. There are some enemies that need to be hit-stunned and Illusion Sword does a good job at that. On top of that, you have super armor the whole time. Dark Flame Sword and Dark Burst are both significant sources of damage other than Dark Break and Wave Spin. I had to give myself a stat boost equal to the amount of STR/INT Par's would give, and I used a Bismuth Stone over Rosetta, but this is roughly my damage against Ferman:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  12. @Tantarian yeah, i was thinking of switching over to Dusky set simply because of Dark Flame Sword being shadow damage, i just wasn't sure how much of a difference it would make over Gracia.

also not sure if i'd go for the plate set, i'm doing a physical build at the moment mostly because Yang and Byeollungum were my first epic swords. a Muramasa dropped (on my m ranger unfortunately), plus some 85 katanas and short swords so i get the feeling i might need to start working on a magic build if i ever decide to go ham on hell mode again. plus there's that comment you made about the kdnf meta being magic damage and all that...

13. Tantarian Everyone's Grudge

IGN:
    Tatra
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    [​IMG]
    Here is a chart for all of the revamped quest legendary sets. As you can see, Gracia is still the most powerful, but Dusky isn't too far behind. This is an overall chart, so it doesn't calculate for the loss of damage by being in an off-element as is the case for Dark Knights and Gracia.

If I were to gear mine in a quest legendary set right now, I'd gear him with a Dusky cloth set. You don't benefit all that much from the increases to level 48 and 50 skills, but 17% elenore, 415 independent attack, and 275 physical/magical attack is nothing to scoff at while still being able to stack shadow damage to boost Dark Flame Sword, Dark Fall, Dark Ball, and Momentary Slash.

If you are a physical build, you should be using light armor. If you are a magical build, you should be using cloth. When it comes to epics, you don't have much of a say in the matter unless you whale pretty hard. Metal Line is the only completed set I own, so I got stuck wearing plate. That being said, it's still an excellent set, but you lose a significant amount of casting speed by not wearing cloth. It feels extremely slow having only 28% casting speed.

Ideally you want Muramasa or Excalibur, but whichever 90 weapon you get basically dictates what sort of build you are going to use. Dark Star and Muramasa push you into a magical/hybrid build, while World Pendulum and Excalibur push you into a purely physical build. Brinicle Shell is usable, but I wouldn't settle for it unless you happen to have some very good water epics such as a completed Cold Princess set and/or Jack Frost's Memory.

Byeo is very good, and Yang is good with Gracia because of the increase in light damage. I'd take Byeo over Yang any day of the week because of how fast it is though.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  14. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Ayy bb lemme snatch that skillbuild

15. Laande Third best girl

IGN:
    Ilynnit/Kriiha
    Guild:
    TGP/Ingenious
    Just a quick question. Since I'm still tinkering with skills and don't know what works well with what I was wondering what a good chain would be for suju?

16. @Tantarian yeah i switched over to Byeo after getting it (Yang came first) because i could free up the 10 TP i put into Illusion Slash and still maintain the same attack speed. also had the relatively minor gripe of forgetting to turn off caps lock after using the Yang buff thing.

meant to say cloth armor in my last post, don't know why i typed plate armor. guess i must've been really tired at the time (that and i also run an Asura occasionally).

now that i look back on it i'm kind of glad Muramasa didn't drop on my DK because i would've been way too lazy to appropriately switch all of my armor :V

17. Tantarian Everyone's Grudge

IGN:
    Tatra
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    I honestly don't think Illusion Slash is worth putting TP in, especially if it was for just the attack speed. When 90 cap first came out, I was running a physical build because I got an Excalibur. Dark Flame Sword was still out damaging Illusion Slash. That will change when Infinity comes and removes the defense shredding ability of DFS's shadow damage DoT's. Muramasa is so pretty though. :(
    PVP is a little out of my element unfortunately. Everyone says that DK's are amazing at PVP, but I avoid it like the plague because of how awful the lag is so I have very little experience. This is the PVP build I used to get through practice arena quests for the TP:

[​IMG]

If you're talking about the Gold and Silver Dragon tournaments, I just ran around for twelve seconds until one of my chains came off of cooldown. lol

18. @Tantarian honestly only had TP in Illusion Slash because i had nothing better to put it into (this was before the patch that made Shockwave TP extend its hold duration). right now i maxed Dark Break TP, Dark Flame Sword TP, Shockwave TP, Dark Lust TP (because a buff to a buff is always welcome for me, even if you still have to grab people to proc it), have Lv1 Momentary Slash TP, then put the remaining point on Basic Training because i didn't know where else to put it.

@Laande godspeed to you for even making the decision to pvp with DK because everyone will hate your guts automatically, even if you're like me and are trash at it (yes, it's actually possible to be trash at pvp with DK, despite the misconceptions).

you kinda have to change your mentality with DK in pvp, because a lot of skills at best are exactly the same as their parent skills, or at worst have retardedly slow startup and/or way longer cooldowns compared to the pve version (Draw Sword is the biggest offender of the latter, you can be sleep deprived for three days and still react to it).

also, because of the long cooldowns, you'll probably want to stay away from having 5 skills on a hotkey combo. the combo system doesn't give you super armor on everything anymore, and there's barely any damage difference between a Stage 1 and Stage 5 skill. if you're gonna have a 5 skill combo, it's probably either unused filler to lower the cooldown of a cube skill (like Dark Break) or the whole thing is actually a combo.

i don't think weapon choice affects attack or casting speed all that much in pvp, but cooldown reduction does, so get lightsaber for the 10% CDR (something i need to get on top of eventually, and i might just actually buy a cheap 85 legendary lightsaber just to fulfill that quota).

if it helps any here's my build, although admittedly i think it's shit and you should take it with a grain of salt. i'm a moron and insist on building my pvp DK like a pvp WM plus benefits, instead of like a Chinese zerk (minus the lag), so i'm kind of fucking myself over when i run into someone with horrendous lag.
    upload_2017-4-29_23-12-38.png
    mostly have reversals (active or super armored on frame 1) and long ranged moves on the top row, except Vain Slash and Illusion Slash (so i can cancel out of them). S and D are juggle combo fodder, F and G for y axis cubes (i don't actually use the moves after Dark Break, it's just for CDR). cube skills that aren't in my build are mostly omitted because of having horrendous startup.

19. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    DK needs better physical skills, i dont blame everyone rolling magic but i think every DK is hybrid by default with time space passive

How does muramasa rank among weapons?

20. Tantarian Everyone's Grudge

IGN:
    Tatra
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    Both Dark Break and Wave Spin are fixed damage attacks, so the only thing you really need to worry about is your independent attack. I think no matter what build you run, you should max both. I think the full five levels in Dark Lust is kind of pointless because it's 2 TP for only 72 STR/INT (with my setup). I'd rather have the additional damage/hit-stun from Dark Ball and not have to put points into Basic Training because it's a waste of a TP.
    When they designed DK's, I think they were signalling people to use katanas which are "balanced", despite the fact they can use any slayer weapon. They made both physical and magical builds available, but they definitely wanted people to play hybrid builds. The meta shifted to magical builds because Illusion Slash is trash compared to Dark Flame Sword.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)