Official Dark Knight Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Dark Knight' started by Duo, Mar 2, 2015.

1. BoldHeart

thanks for all your support

2. squarep4

I have light armor gracia 6 pc and decided to run some hells before getting a lib zanbuto and got a shrieking queen of pain, seems ok after rework for dakrk night?. Should I +10 this SQOP or still get the liberation zanbato?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  3. Nicia

IGN:
    Nicia
    Server:
    Cain
    My first despair pot was raging herc. Is it worth going light armor gracia or should I go with cloth if I have no pieces yet?

4. squarep4

Which of the two olympus titles is better for Dk? They are both better than the free zombie one right?

5. DaikiAomine

IGN:
    DaikiAomine
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Server:
    Cain
    i found grace of olympus is the best for solo, power of olympus may scale better with sader for raid; it barely beats katana title out in dmg tho

6. verdanta

So rather odd question, I guess this is for mostly level 90 and raid stuff...

With all the reworks and buffs and that most classes do insane damage now, even supports like Soul Bender can do insane damage while providing support, is there any reason at all to ever bring a DK over other classes that can provide both support and damage if DKs aren't really doing as much damage as the supports?

7. KEKEKEKKEE fk

IGN:
    ShitPlayer
    who said sbs deal more dmg than dks? dk can get into luke raid just fine bro. You play dk because u think dk is fun. If all you care about is tier then you should only be playing saint.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  8. Dice Dragon Top Kekrator

IGN:
    LittleBobs
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    if you plan to really use herc, you will want light. Just because you get no STR on cloth, and you will for sure thanks to herc mostly have higher str then int. if you can get bloody contract top, you can actually have a super legit off slot in that single piece, it will lower your hp automatically and boost herc with it as well as it self.

9. verdanta

I'm more looking into a reason to bring a DK over an SB as SB provides support + top tier damage while DKs only do top tier damage.

10. KEKEKEKKEE fk

IGN:
    ShitPlayer
    Bring sb to where? Also who said sbs are stronger than dks again? There are many classes that are taken because they deal top tier damage like bm, mstriker, mranger.

11. verdanta

Bring to any party oriented areas of the game such as raids. But don't SBs at level 90 and after their rework do as much damage as DKs?

12. Fishman465 Most Opinionated WM in NA

IGN:
    Fishman465
    Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    Is there even clear info on that yet? Taking rumors as truth only leads to trouble, look at how such a thing affected us getting Anton Raid.

13. verdanta

Not on our side. But mostly from people playing kDnF.

14. Kerath Happy 9pasha

IGN:
    Varandas, Jehane
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    Any thoughts on what'd be the best choice for a 70-80 epic weapon for a Gracia DK? I'm leaning toward phys since I went light armour (most of the light-ele/GraciaBOYS comps in my raid group are physical and get vit saders), but I'd definitely consider crap like Arges if it looked like the best option for synergy.

15. Dice Dragon Top Kekrator

IGN:
    LittleBobs
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    Arges, Magical light, 75 SS, Gracia magic, Crit smash and lib effect, very decent.
    Black iron, 75 zan, Budget bubblegum? Needs heavy testing if someone is brave enough to pick this.
    SQoP 80 LS, 15% on all attacks and a proc, prolly the best choice if you have no other elemental gear or dont wanna commit to anything phys/magical.
    All of the fire 80s are good if you wish to invest into the fire build. Needs a bit of gold, but nothing too crazy these days. Even bone red is decent with its 10% all attacks buff and good stats if you for whatever reason wanna go fire magical.

Contenders for special mentions

Bloody Grudge/Danslief are more powerful then those listed above, but require bleeding targets. Prolly want bleed shoes for these.

Yagrush is imo highly underrated, its procs give you 35% damage be it with back attacks, counters or unconditional, if you are a well minded player, getting back attacks seems easy enough, people play with foul kidney blow. The unconditional one also grants you invincibilty im pretty sure. where as the counter attacks one gives you super armor, Super armor for 20 seconds and 35% additional on counters seems pretty dang good.

if you only solo and have something like the bloody contract top, Raging herc is actually quite impressive. if you can hit 2k STR with no outside sources, that gives you the extra 500 from str for str conversion.(this is very easy) Bloody contract top decks you -15% hp at dungeon start automatically, and has 250+ str alone, then gives you another 150 for being at -15%. And being at -15% gives you another 300, so thats around 1k just from having those two items, resulting in prolly about 3.2k str at dungeon start vs the standard 2.2kish~
    Assuming we dont look at bloodlust or saders and just compare 2.2k stat vs 3.2k stat, Raging herc solo is a massive 40% solo damage increase if you have the blood contract top too. That is almost as good or better then all the other options presented, WHILE SOLO tho, so yeah its prolly not worth picking up from the box, but if you get it as a drop and have bloodycontract top, its a neat idea.

Those are my ideas/choices. I have pretty much confirmed to myself I am picking SQoP because I already deal shadow damage, and like to play hybrid so the % all attack buffs are huge for me. Ill be running in the actual epic road as well to try and nab some DG pieces or UDH top/bottom as well as other weapons possibly.

16. DaikiAomine

IGN:
    DaikiAomine
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Server:
    Cain
    if you're gracia arges it is, if the pots let you pick blitz jianging then pick it , if not just pick arges

17. Kerath Happy 9pasha

IGN:
    Varandas, Jehane
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    That's pretty much what I figured. The only other one that jumped out at me was Black Iron, but I'm still not entirely sure how that whole mechanic works.

18. Fishman465 Most Opinionated WM in NA

IGN:
    Fishman465
    Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    Eh, Blitz Jianging seems a bit overrated compared to Arges as it just has plain elnore

19. verdanta

Is Arges or Shrieking Queen of Pain better than Liberation?

20. Kerath Happy 9pasha

IGN:
    Varandas, Jehane
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    Value of Arges drops greatly when you have other sources of crit smash (this is why Masamune is almost never rated as a S+ tier weapon despite how awesome it is in a vacuum), and katanas are generally better for phys/hybrid setups than short swords are. Blitz also has about 40 IA more, which is not a big consideration, but it's something considering some of our big nukes are fixed or have fixed components.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)