Official Dark Knight Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Dark Knight' started by Duo, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Duo

IGN:
    Lazaflame
    Let's discuss our All bite, no buffs class

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  2. Kupo a moogle

IGN:
    KupoFlare
    Steam:
    the-spoops
    Guild:
    80percent
    Server:
    Cain
    A few questions about this class, to get the most out of it would you be using a Lightsabre or a Katana? Also what armor would be better for them, Plate/Heavy/Light/Cloth?
    What is their place in OV parties? They seem to have amazing utility.

3. Duo

IGN:
    Lazaflame
    No Chron Gear for this class.
    Weaponwise, i feel it's to your preference. I personally use katanas(I like the AS), but Sabre mastery gives a good amount of hitrate with slight decrease in PA/MA. They both are generally used in Hybrid Builds.
    Armorwise, I go with cloth for the increased movement and cast speed but it's all up to your build.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  4. Grimmeh the edgy idiot

IGN:
    Grimmii
    Server:
    Cain
    remember to press auto build cause fuck creativity.
    #buildabearclass.

5. Dice Dragon Top Kekrator

IGN:
    LittleBobs
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    From I was told you can still wear the gear there is just no specific chrons right? I wanna slap OV with my big ole penis

6. Duo

IGN:
    Lazaflame
    Yes, no skill bonuses. but you can always use legacies.

7. Kupo a moogle

IGN:
    KupoFlare
    Steam:
    the-spoops
    Guild:
    80percent
    Server:
    Cain
    It seems like if you want to just have fun in OV and dont need other characters, a DK could be grappler level holding slave.

8. Gardios SOIYA SOIYA SOIYA

Guild:
    Caliginosity
    Server:
    Cain
    How good is DK as a first char in regards of making money? As I have all my names reserved on my FB account but want to switch over to a Neople acc, I was thinking of leveling another class first that can fund my other chars. And since I was interested in DK anyway, might as well kill two birds with one stone if it's possible...

9. jon mike kanashi

Guild:
    [commie]
    Server:
    Cain
    didnt your mom ever teach you to farm on your main since you're farming for epics and chrons which are untradeable. but do whatever you want, dks aren't a bad start

10. Duo

IGN:
    Lazaflame
    There are better classes to farm with, but DK aren't bad and basically what jon said.

11. Madracah

Any 1 know about a relevant DK guide for the DFO OBT ? trying 2 expand my potential ALT list :)

12. Duo

IGN:
    Lazaflame
    There's one on Aug.gg and DFOCore.

13. Madracah

14. Ouroboros Dark Driver

IGN:
    Bulldog
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    Fun class gonna main this guy cause why not

15. Dice Dragon Top Kekrator

IGN:
    LittleBobs
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    anyone got exact numbers on damage increase for combos? I know that the skills position in the chain is what gives it the boost, but what I wanna know is how much each gets boosted, cant seem to find numbers in game

16. Sheriff The Deputy Sheriff

IGN:
    5heriff
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Click the little arrow between the skills, as long as you have a Skill below it, and it'll tell you the %. It'll only tell you the % of the Combo Finisher, either that or I'm dumb, so if you want to know the lower tiers just add Skills to combos one at a time and click the arrow between.

I really wish we had values on the different Masteries.. The guides say to wear either all Cloth, or 2 Cloth and 1 of every other Type, but what are they basing that on? Right now I'm wearing a few pieces of Plate, and it's going well... But doesn't Plate slow you down/make your jump go down? Though I heard Dark Knights have a really high starting Jump value, so it's not as noticeable as it is on say an Asura..

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  17. Dice Dragon Top Kekrator

IGN:
    LittleBobs
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    Im also confused on armor, You have both physical and magical attacks, so you cant really ignore str or int, ill prolly go 2 peices cloth, rest heavy, And on the cloth magic seals get STR, and on the heavy get INT.

so far ive been using Lightsabers as well, I might switch to katanas once I get a good one

Also what I mean is, the skills order actually matters in the way you combo them, the ones on the bottom get a % damage increase, but Im not sure exactly how much it is, it increases the deeper you get into the combo.

18. Sheriff The Deputy Sheriff

IGN:
    5heriff
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Like I said, if you click the little arrow in the combo setup window, it'll tell you the %damage increase.

You can go mostly Magical, Physical, or Hybrid on a Dark Knight, so you could just specialize deeply into one type and just get the relevant Armor Type.

19. jon mike kanashi

Guild:
    [commie]
    Server:
    Cain
    attack speed lets you cancel your skills faster right? right now it feels kinda weird if i mash the button it's late enough to feel a delay but early enough to cancel damage on some skills

20. Sheriff The Deputy Sheriff

IGN:
    5heriff
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    As far as I know/noticed, you can instantly Cancel all of your Skills during any of your other Skills, even Skills from a different Combo Chain (though that'll put the original one on cooldown.)
    One thing I realized though, was that you can't Cancel out of "Wave Wheel Slasher" (Vein Slash) until the animation ends, at least for it's own Combo Chain, I haven't tried Cancelling into it from a different Chain yet. Will try when I get home.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)