New to game blademaster questions...lol im dumb new

Discussion in 'Blade Master' started by Sipherstrife, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Sipherstrife Get beat to get good

So i just made a blademaster and im trying to figure out how weapons work...i see alot of old guides saying level up a weapon but its already mastered... So. Do i get all the extra stuff and whatnot.... Also what is the difference between blademasters weapons...like i see the stuff lightsabers and stuff get but are the playstyles different?

2. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    Weapon Mastery is maxed at level 1, but we have a skill called Weapon Zenith that increases all those levels past Max (1) at the same time. It's a solution to how early on we had to choose 1-2 swords exclusively to have good SP consumption. At the very core all Swords play the same and you will be playing the same. General rules are to avoid the Zanbato, but all other swords are fine candidates to wrap your play around and learn the nuances between them.

3. ArcLight Hiatus

As SteamBoy says, most of your playstyle will be similar.

Unique parts of each weapon that stands out:

RDS = Raging Dragon Slash.
    ISD = Illusion Sword Dance

Short Sword: Amazing Flowing Stance damage and probably one of the better SST's.
    Best in mobbing overall.
    Has two more attacks on RDS.
    Pretty decent attack speed.
    Is amazingly fluid with almost every build, surprisingly.

Bludgeon: Flowing Stance god and the most unique out of the playstyles.
    Has stuns as it's mechanic.
    Bludgeon is the best in knocking up enemies that are grounded. That said, 9/9 Space Lord is a must hands down.

Katana: Basically based on getting bleeding procs. Probably the most hits overall but usually outdone by LS.
    Another reason it's looked down is because Katana's tend to lean towards helping Soul Benders more.
    However, in endgame, it's BiS for WM (Light Sword: Masamune) is literally one of the best weapons for a element build.

Has the best potential in PvP combos, honestly. Best combo variants and Swift being an amazing poke overall.

Zanbato: Stupidly good damage, only hinderence is the speed.
    A lot of super armor to make up for it, though.
    People say Short Sword outdoes Zanbato, but in terms of endgame, that's thrown in the air imo.
    Honestly, Zanbato was ironically the most satisfying of the weapons to play for me.

Lightsabre: Electrocution on RDS, ISD and Draw Sword. Has a second part to Charge Crash.
    Basically the most expensive yet most potential in the group.

Also, experiment with having different weapons. Finding your most "fun" part of Blade Master is honestly a must in the class.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  4. Sipherstrife Get beat to get good

Ive been doing that lately...im becomeing ing more used to zanbatos/bludgeon playstyle for the hitstun but alot of post are very much against zanbatos and i wonder why?

5. ArcLight Hiatus

Honestly, Zanbato's are just awfully slow and clumsy, in argument.

It's basically a question of "Why do amazing damage and be slow when you can do amazing damage and be pretty fast?"

Zanbato is still good, and I confirm because Zanbato/Lightsabre is pretty freaking weird yet works out very well.

But honestly, for practicality's sake: Byeol or Ganjang or bust.

6. Sipherstrife Get beat to get good

Ok thanks. I guess once i get high level enough ill try it out in pvp

7. ArcLight Hiatus

Going to say this: PvP is a completely different beast from PvE.

My best tip for you with Zan PvP is to make sure you have guard/auto-guard. It'll be the most important part with Autoguard.

Ashe Fork is also a must with Zan mastery.

8. Sipherstrife Get beat to get good

So zan pvp is more defensive?

9. YanDaMan263 lol @ u

IGN:
    Retsuhazan
    Steam:
    YanDaMan263
    Server:
    Cain
    Zan sucks because it's SST sucks and cant be spammed as fast for reliable sustained damage.

Despite having higher overall p.atk, most relevant skills dont get any relevant bonuses from Zan, meaning other weapons will outdamage zan's due to their bonus skill effects. Meanwhile Shortsword's bonuses makes it out damage zans while giving you better attack speed and a better SST.

So basically if you want power, go SS or Bludgeon. If you want speed/DPS, go Katana or Lightsabre.

10. ArcLight Hiatus

It's more defensive because you will abuse a lot of super armor from the SST and Guard.

Your main approach will be Leap with Ashe Fork and Charge Crash. Both are ridiculously good and can really only be countered by something like a very vertical grab.

Put Ashe Fork on a timer to make sure you know if it's on CD (Along with it, put Quick Rebound on a timer also, saves your life too many times).

And finally, SST Guard cancelling. It won't be like other SST's where you cancel for combos, but you will cancel for baiting.

Zanbato's guard still has Zanbato's guard mastery thing on it, so a correct guard will damage your opponents. And, more importantly, give you a chance to counterattack.

Just abuse the super armor given by the SST.

The final thing to say is that your Draw Sword can charge, meaning you can bait a lot of people into doing stupid stuff when you get into Draw Sword stance.

Also, your ISD will be completely trash. Don't use it in PvP for combo'ing a downed opponent. It's good for a punish, though.

That said, I recommend you cap with upmost important. Zanbato PvP is really difficult to pull off.

11. SillyCow Cat Pig Cow Man

IGN:
    Synchroneity
    Guild:
    Signify
    Server:
    Cain
    Zanbatos in PvP are a lot more than that, though.
    They have a STAGGERING amount of hitstun, which can very easily be used to your advantage if you can react quickly enough. That does take practice, though.
    For example, you can surprise an opponent by Drive Slashing into them with the first or second hits, cancelling into and out of Flowing Stance, and then following up with a standing combo (Gore Cross, SSA, X, X, Charge Crash, juggle, Rise/Swift for finisher). You'll see a lot of players abusing the range on the first SSA as well against vulnerable melee-oriented classes by standing slightly below their Y-axis.
    Ashe Fork is amazing on Zanbato due to the super armor, I'll agree, but it can also be finicky at times. I've lost count of how many times I've gotten knocked out of the air while visibly super armored during the skill.

But honestly, I cannot recommend sticking to a single weapon type, especially in PvP. The amount of utility you get from Short Sword and Katana SSAs is much too great.
    DEFINITELY practice Flowing Stance cancelling out of SSA, X Attacks, Thrust, Drive Slash, and eventually, Flipside Counter. Timing is very important, and missing it can lead to some embarrassing moments of being stuck in Flowing Stance for 2 seconds 'cause you're confused why you're not performing the skill you just input, and giving your opponent a free victory. Practice, practice, practice.

12. ArcLight Hiatus

Along with it, uhm, Cow, he said he's running Zanbato/Bludgeon.

Despite that, I agree that a SS/Katana is downright necessary for combos.

But I think Katana is a better weapon for someone with Zan/Bludgeon. Katana has honestly the best SST in the whole PvP spectrum. Good time waste for CD's, bleeding and potential to cancel into Gore Cross and other skills. Using Zan to catch then Katana to combo until the person's down, then use sneaky OTG's like Backstep cutter with Bludgeon to seal the deal and finish the combo. Zanbato and a combo weapon is necessary.

Zanbato PvP is more, but it's kinda hard to describe all experience into words. It's honestly something more of a natural thing after a lot of matches. First time I did Zanbato PvP was a long time ago, but trying to get my first combos were definitely more awkward then what other people did on videos. Almost like Striker muscle shift combos. It's best learned from experience overall.

Ashe Fork from Zanbato's can be flicky, but it's honestly a good pressure tool regardless.

Honestly, the problem I have is with Zanbato's SST more. SST can completely miss because of how weird the hitboxes are sometimes while doing aerial combos.

Also @OP, for Flowing Stance cancels and guard training, go to a training dummy or a friend/guildmate and try to guard all their attacks instead of attacking. Worked in Hisoutensoku and Melty Blood, worked here.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  13. Sipherstrife Get beat to get good

Ok thanks.. Just reached lvl 25 today
    Ive been practicing my guard on the wherewolves in meltdown...flowing stance is kinda weird but i guess that just needs practice im gonna try flow cancelling. Its just annoying that its a hotkey skill

14. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    You misunderstood Arc, don't use guard or flow cancels in dungeons please.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)