New Cyclone Suplex -> Air Steiner Link

Discussion in 'Grappler' started by GrapplerBot, Apr 6, 2015.

1. GrapplerBot Illusory wall ahead

IGN:
    BrawlerBot
    Guild:
    PandaXpress GM
    Server:
    Cain

I'm almost 100% certain this was not possible in DFONX. Needless to say I think this is pretty cool and gives Air Steiner a lot more viability in general use.

After some testing, I've noticed the following things.

If you Air Steiner link like this, you lose the final hit/shockwave of Cyclone Suplex.

Right now I have all my grabs maxed, and the final hit of Cyclone Suplex does 10k damage to the same enemy I use it on in the video. Air Steiner does 18k damage in the above video. It seems that by canceling into Air Steiner you're actually gaining a pretty large amount of damage while losing the leap to safety. It's also very easy to do this just by mashing the Steiner hotkey.

If you have really good timing, you can catch with Steiner directly after the final shockwave, in which case you still get the damage from the final hit of Cyclone, as well as the Steiner. The timing on this is incredibly tight (it seems to be about 1 frame) and unless you're a robot you won't be able to consistently do this under normal dungeon conditions.

In both cases, I can't get consistent results on whether or not Steiner considers the target midair. On some enemies, it always counted as midair, while on others, it never counted in midair. Based on what I'm seeing, it appears that the size or type of enemy affects this.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  2. marlymar

WORKS WITH WCS LETS GO

3. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    I think it was possible, because when I started up my Grappler in DFOG my friend told me you could do that. And he doesn't keep up with DFO/DnF at all, so there's no way he'd have known that unless he did it himself back in Nexon DFO.

In any case, it's something I'm sure a lot of people aren't aware of.

4. Yup. One of my favorite additions along with making Elbow Shock even moar OP.

5. Dubin carried by fmage

Well I just hit lv40 and it seems p.easy so far in training to hit the full damage link on a reliable basis
    CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

6. Shintaro

Are there any grabs that you should not use? Like idk, fling? Suplex?

7. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    No. It only depends on the situation. You should probably not Wild Cannon Spike enemies out of your allies skills. That sort of thing.

All the grabs are good.

8. WolfMaiden Unstoppable Glomp!

IGN:
    WolfMaiden/SunnyLane
    Server:
    Cain
    This is old, & doesn't matter now, but no, you could not do any of this wonderful stuff back in the Nexon daze.
    I still don't like the fact that it doesn't work on Cyclone Attack...they should allow you to do it in that case, as long as you can do it post-CS final kick.

9. It doesn't? I was fairly certain it does, but that no one did it because Cyclone Attack is super OP.

10. marlymar

it rly doesnt work with cyclone attack though

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)