Neople subsidiary Thingsoft is developing "Project D", which may or may not be DFO 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by freecomkcf, Apr 13, 2017.

1. QueenyPie Endless torment flavor.

IGN:
    LucyBell
    Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    I mean I'd imagine if they wanted manuals, they'd have to make the input not move your character. Personally, I could take or leave manuals, from my experience they can be a bit herky-jerk.

2. i dunno man, DFO having fighting game-like inputs is what attracted me to it in the first place. i hardly ever touch MMOs in general because a majority of them are "faceroll hotkeys from left to right until the enemy is dead", which is boring.

3. QueenyPie Endless torment flavor.

IGN:
    LucyBell
    Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    For me, it was the fast gameplay, and the fact things like dodging and timing mattered, and that skills felt actually varied and not like rectangles of varying sizes (I was really getting tired of maplestory, to the point I actually cannot ever go back).

4. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Probably the forced party play aspect is what i liked (in the beginning like 60 cap anyway)

5. ZailKnight BuffCrowSet

IGN:
    Sail
    Server:
    Cain
    The best can probably do is Just like Kritika online

6. i don't think this is in the thread yet, but here was a brief teaser for Project D (interspersed with some kart racing game nobody cares about), you can quite clearly see male slayer and female fighter in it

http://2p.com/45778123_1/Is-Nexon-Making-a-New-3D-Dungeon-Fighter-Online-Game-by-Wei.htm

another article here has a passage probably nobody here wants to see (for some reason Project D is referred to as Project Knock in this article):

Further information was revealed by ThisIsGame, which stated in an article published yesterday that Project Knock will be a 3D game that "will demonstrate 3D dungeon design that utilizes the 3D effect and transcends the limitation of lateral scrolling."

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Honestly I feel this Project D will be something within the DFO world but a game all its own.

8. Garyuu *sigh*

IGN:
    BlueMagnolia
    Steam:
    StigroOne
    Guild:
    August
    Server:
    Cain
    See, I had the same feeling, but I'm not so sure if it's gonna be DFO"2", another mobile game spinoff, or a one-shot linear retail/digital spinoff like DFO Live (yeah, remember that?). And I'm not familiar with Korea's market as far as that last part goes.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  9. Orbus

I'm interested, but I've seen what happened to RO2 and tree of savior.
    I agree with all three of these.
    While the game had massive balance issues early on, playing in a party made it hella fun, at least until you had to grind a dungeon thirty times for a single level.
    Now everything before level cap is a single player experience because it's so easy, if I wanted to play alone I have plenty of offline games.
    And I do like using button combos to perform moves and having to learn to backstep or eat an attack is definitely more fun than mashing skill buttons until everything is dead.

And yeah, that's pretty clearly the female fighter.

10. what

got any links? i'm morbidly curious

EDIT: i'm stupid, just occurred to me that DFO Live is the Xbox Live Arcade game (really glad i didn't buy that after Nexon DFO went down)

11. SonowRaevius Azure Fox

I remember being so hyped about that thinking "OMG DFO IS COMING TO CONSOLES" then immediately after seeing it thinking "What the fuck is this shit?"

12. Garyuu *sigh*

IGN:
    BlueMagnolia
    Steam:
    StigroOne
    Guild:
    August
    Server:
    Cain
    Tbf, translating traditional gamepad controls in MMO's without the use of a mouse and "keyboard" wasn't conceived to most devs before XB1 and PS4, so I wasn't all that surprised. The aesthetic was nice though.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)