need skill help

Discussion in 'Brawler' started by leemf, May 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leemf

is physical crit good for brawler if not witch of the basic green skills i should get.

2. Jay Fuck you Queen's Bet

There's really no point in going magical build right now (Venom Mine) without the chronicle set.

Max all your passives, there's really no reason not to (+Physical Critical Hit)
    Max Strengthened Throw, Poison Throw, Needle Throw, Block Throw and Net Throw (your core skills). Taunt should also be maxed for future uses. Rest of the skills are really up to you. Without 2nd awakening and too many options (and no skill contract), you should have enough SP to max most of the other skills. They should really up to your preferences. I do recommend the usage of Double Throw though. Might not be useful as female, but still pretty handy. I also don't recommend Blood Rage, the SP could be used better elsewhere.

3. Skiptrace

Is Sticky Ball a reccomended max also?

4. GaRgAnt

Yes, it's honestly really useful offensively (Amazing range and decent burst damage) as well as defensively (Slows are murder against any enemy that doesn't rely on cast bars to attack, and it lasts for a good while); because of this, it ends up being super Explosive Hook/Vulcan friendly.

5. Dowiet Fucking Psychopath

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Sticky ball is great unlike blood rage ( tho it looks awesome q_q)

6. Hatsukoi sugoi

IGN:
    Koihman
    Server:
    Cain
    ;_; I love Venom Mine. Sucks how I'm at the point where I can't max everything anymore .__.

7. leemf

is the skills sand splash worth leveling up if yes to what level

8. Skiptrace

Sand Splash is pretty good, the Blind effect is helpful when you want to shit all over mobs.

9. GaRgAnt

Currently Death Blade is the best claw brawlers can get, outside of lucky bastards that get Louise's Bloody Rake and that other level 80 epic claw that cranks up Raging Vulcan damage through the roof, and Death Blade synergizes so well with just about every blind effect out there. So yes, get it. Drop Blood Rage for it, Blood Rage is literally a worse Needle Spin.

10. Hatsukoi sugoi

IGN:
    Koihman
    Server:
    Cain
    Is it bad I just want to stick with Hollow Spikes

11. GaRgAnt

Yes it is. You want to keep up with the strongest base attack available. While Hollow Spikes has a really strong passive considering how spammable Needle Throw is and how long Needle Spin's bleed lasts, you're losing damage on everything else by not having the highest base attack.

12. Edit: [Mostly not a skill question but it seems to fit in this thread.]
    Edit2: [I'm a dumbass. Somehow I thought this was the "Serious discussion about building a strong MBrawler" thread].

Well I went and got myself the special packaged box of goodies currently up for grabs, but since I'm a noob at this game I can't decide on what options I should select for the clone avatars. Can anyone provide some assistance in the choosing? So far I'm thinking this:

Hat: Intelligence +45.
    I never have mana problems so Spirit and MP Regen options are out. I think if you need HP regen you're playing the game wrong so no. And I don't think casting speed would be that useful. Besides double throw, taunt, and maybe leap, is there anything else that casting speed affects?

Hair: Intelligence +45
    Same reasoning as Hat.

Face: Attack Speed +5%
    Torso: Magic Defense +660
    These two are the hardest choice. Right now I'm thinking this combination since some attack speed increase would be nice to closing distances faster with hold forward auto attack. And then Magic Defense because with Heavy Armor I feel like I have physical defense covered relatively well (it naturally more physical defense than 3 other types of armor so it shouldn't be bad), so Magic Defense could even it out a bit. Honestly, Hit Recovery +160 and Abnormal Resist +30 sound viable to me too, but how much is that really? Alternatively both Attack Speed +5% from the viewpoint that if you're getting hit you're doing it wrong so screw all the defensive stats.

Top: ???
    Too much I don't know. If I take a skill that's already "Mastered", does the skill get any better (ex: Taunt). Does Cursed Quake get mastered eventually in this case? What skill benefits the most from 1 more level (haven't done any damage calculations)? Should I increase a throwing item skill for a better chance of status infliction (net throw, needle throw, bricks), or just go for staightup damage (needle spin, mount/raging vulcan...which is another thing that is already "Mastered" so I'm confused).

Bottom: Physical Defense +660
    It's a choice between this and HP MAX increase. I haven't taken the time to look into damage formulas yet so I don't know which is better. Again, I'm ignoring the MP MAX increase since I don't have mana problems, though the game defaults to it so is it actually any good?

Waist: Shadow Resist +25
    I'm thinking that since I have -4 shadow resist right now it'd be good to put it in the positives, but is there actually enough Shadow Damage in the game to even worry about it? Evasion +4% would be my second choice just because it seems like not getting hit kinda covers all the resistances in a small way + physical damage too. Inventory weight limit no.

Shoes: Strength +45
    Besides the Jump +40 option, I feel like all these options have some merit, (2nd best = Movement +5%, then Vitality +45). But overall the damage increase is a simple choice (kill stuff faster) and I'm already [tentaively] taking 2 Int increases so gotta keep strength higher.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  13. GaRgAnt

By selecting intelligence for your hat and hair options, you do realize you're negating Overstrain, correct? Go with Spirit, it raises your magic defense. Also, for your top avatar, Taunt will indeed gain extra levels (Otherwise Tarwe Zarich would be partially rendered useless) but I personally chose Thousand Hands.

Also, for the waist I'd just go with Evasion. Delezie is the main source of shadow damage endgame, but... that's really it. Pandemos Floo I don't recall actually did that much shadow damage, if any.

14. Well, I was thinking that if my int ended up being higher than my str afterwards I go correct it with other equipment enchantments (of which I currently just have the ones given to me by unsealing magic equips). Though I haven't play around with that much either so it may not be possible now thinking of it. If it's like this different options thing and only allows certain types of buffs depending on the equipment instead of stacking everything as Strength A/S.

As a default I was thinking Needle Throw (since it's like the main damage source), but I'll have to go consider some things now that I know "mastered" moves can still improve.

15. GaRgAnt

Overstrain already did this for you.

...But you're not considering Thousand Hands?

16. I've never been keen on looking into numbers exactly. It's never been that fun to me, though I'm trying to get into it for this game. I don't even know what my current str vs. int situation is since I've never bothered to look. Anyways, in my head I'm considering a situation where I have the best gear and enchantments and all that jazz and the only way to increase stats would be this clone avatar business. From my limited knowledge and current end of the day "I too tired to think right" logic:
    If str > int, if the 2 values are relatively close then overstrain would put int over str. If str is much greater then it remains str > int. Vice versa is also true for all this. So if everything is as close to maxed out as possible for the time, if int is just slightly > str, then overstrain puts str over int and you get a 60% phys crit bonus. I'll probably end up looking back at this and seeing something stupid.

Oh, well know that I looked at the skill that would actually be a better choice. I thought it just increased your load capacity. Didn't realize it also increased dmg for everything and (reduced cooddowns+reload time)

Overall putting the avatar choices on hold for now.

17. GaRgAnt

Um.... Yeah, might wanna read into some of that.

18. leemf

is awaking skill useful to use or not

19. Jay Fuck you Queen's Bet

Yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)