Need a guide.

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by Awoo, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Awoo

I've been looking around everywhere and I've found nothing but outdated guides from atleast a year ago. I was hoping someone could point me to a currently relevant guide, or just post here. Mainly looking into PvE

2. gehu still stuck in SIROCCO, but i can hue in CAIN now

IGN:
    Sloth
    Guild:
    RealityKings
    Server:
    Sirocco
    IMO its better to ask directly what you wanna know. theres no need for a PVE guide honestly, especially skill build since reset is free, except youre asking for endgame set for anton or something

3. Riktasi

...what? I always see this reasoning being slung around when people ask for DFO build advice, and I always fail to comprehend the logic behind it. Just because skill respecs are free and unlimited does not mean that optimal build choices do not exist. Like with all RPG's that have limited skill point systems, there are objectively good methods of allocating your limited resources in order to maximize an aspect of your character's gameplay (be it damage dealing/tanking/support/etc.). Such methods involve weighing in opportunity costs that come from cost vs. benefit and balancing weaknesses vs. strengths; for example, some players like to capitalize on a class's strength and skew their stats as such, whereas some prefer to go for a balance and compensate for weaknesses. This is part of the process of min/maxing - minimizing detriment and wasted opportunity cost, while maximizing benefits and value. So called "cookie cutter" builds are the end product of this, often times tedious and long, process of min/maxing.

While current DFO PvE is casual enough that cookie cutter builds practically don't exist, there are still general skill choices that contribute to more enjoyable gameplay.
    For berserkers, I think the general consensus for a skeleton build is:
    General Class skills:
    • Either max Gore Cross or skip it entirely because its damage is too low for its SP cost, and chronicle sets will reduce CD on your cube moves enough that you end up hardly ever using this.
    • Max Mountainous Wheel
    • Either max or 1 Guard
    • 1 Drive Slash (for mobility)
    • Either max Zanbato Mastery for Byeollungum (85 epic weapon) or skip mastery entirely.
    Berserker skills:
    • Max everything except Bloody Twister (hold/suction), Blood Ruin (long hold), and Burst Fury (hit stun); those 3 are generally only kept at 1 for their utility.
    • Also skip Blood Memory.
    TP skills:
    • Max Derange Upgrade
    • Skip Bloody Cross upgrade - forgot the +20% HP threshold only applies to phase 1, and the +strength is too small for its cost.
    • Allocate rest to Outrage Break, Blood Sword, and/or Raging Fury; which ones to max will depend on which chronicle set you end up using.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  4. Phenir

He means because skill resets are free, you can freely try different builds without excessive costs to yourself. This in itself can be a fun way to play for some as you constantly think about how your character plays and how to tweak your build. If we had been playing during nexon era, asking for a build would be common sense. You only got 2 free resets there and after that you had to pay up real money or make a new character. In the end, I think a guide is still useful, at least it will help prevent those max bloody twister zanbato berserkers. If someone were to make a guide, they should also include recommended weapons and gear sets like mist katana and specific chron sets.

As for that skeleton build, it looks good as you have it but I would also recommend at least 1 point in Diehard TP. The first point greatly speeds up the healing and allows it to boost your strength to compensate a bit for losing bloody cross phases.

5. gehu still stuck in SIROCCO, but i can hue in CAIN now

IGN:
    Sloth
    Guild:
    RealityKings
    Server:
    Sirocco
    welp, im sorry if what i said is wrong. but i mean its better to ask for more specific guide rather than general zerker guide. as for skill build myself have 3 different build for different use. like ov/solo/ancient . and its faster if you ask what you wanna know rather than waiting for someone give/make a guide

6. Dthugtherealist KingCutletz

IGN:
    DthugDaKing
    Guild:
    PhantomFores GM
    Server:
    Cain
    What @gehu said wasn't wrong at all, at least for Berserkers. They are a hella straight forward class with very lil complications. People might have builds pre/post 2nd awakening, people might have builds based around their gear. Heck people might even have builds just based on a particular play style. Me my self I have max Diehard TP and I used Blood Memory as an SP dump, the rest is pretty standard but based on my gear it's just how I enjoy playing the game when I get better gear I might change my build entirely. Now where I see @Riktasi's point is definitely for other classes cuz I look into other sections and see almost nothing and I don't wanna dig through generals for an optimal build so I'm left to wing it. This is the Berserker section tho after all lol.....

7. Ikuzo Jordan Reigns In Blood

Though the class is simple and some things, like derange+tp, are basically obvious af, you can still experiment and have fairly varied skill trees, more or less depending on your levels on how much you solo (most of the time for most people on Solo Fighter Online, I think).

When I was leveling up, esp. useful at Ghent, I had max diehard+tp upgrade, max gore cross/mountainous wheel+tp upgrades, and of course, for STR - bloodlust. Sometimes, experimentation-wise, even used tp towards triple slash to move faster after room clears or basic attack because there's so much xxx'ing in between bloodlust/gc/mw.

Now, 85, that I have so many strong max cube skills (and hp pots), enough STR from derange/gear (no need for bloodlust tp upgrade really), I took out gore cross and diehard completely, and invested tp exclusively towards derange, mountainous, and cube skills.

8. Dthugtherealist KingCutletz

IGN:
    DthugDaKing
    Guild:
    PhantomFores GM
    Server:
    Cain
    Now that Derange TP is 0 you also save TP like that too haha.

9. Mr. Sly Guest

Is all this still accurate to date now with the rework? I don't quite understand why you'd leave so many nice cubes at 1 ._. and skip the passive.... I have so much SP left over and I've maxed just about everything a zerk has + mountainous/gore cross.

10. gehu still stuck in SIROCCO, but i can hue in CAIN now

IGN:
    Sloth
    Guild:
    RealityKings
    Server:
    Sirocco
    are u still on levelling phase or already capped? because gore cross is kinda meh for pve, dunno if you talk about pvp tho

derange, bloody cross, die hard, thirst, bloodsword, outrage break, blood incarnate, blood boom, blood riven, poignant madness is a must max skill
    blood memory can be skipped if you running a dungeon like ov .
    blood memory can be maxed if you have a problem stacking hit rate
    blood ruin/twister/burst fury is more to utility skill/holding skill, so some zerker only leave it at 1

11. Dthugtherealist KingCutletz

IGN:
    DthugDaKing
    Guild:
    PhantomFores GM
    Server:
    Cain
    Yea I leave Blood Ruin/Twister/Burst Fury at 1 just cuz of SP when you 2nd awake is so limited lol. @Mr. Sly If you want you can max certain things before you 2nd awake then take em off when you do to get some DPS in there.

12. Mr. Sly Guest

I'm leveling for now but I find myself using gore cross more than upper slash lol.I mean I understand twister but burst fury and ruin I thought were nice damage :S. Also blood memory gives more bleed and +str from what I read on more bleeding targets so wouldn't we want more str? :S

13. gehu still stuck in SIROCCO, but i can hue in CAIN now

IGN:
    Sloth
    Guild:
    RealityKings
    Server:
    Sirocco
    well if you compare it with upper slash ofc its better. and for levelling just use whatever you like i guess

blood ruin in dungeon like ex:kings ruin can be a really useful skill but only for the fire guardian to skip the fire charge thingy.
    outside of it it just takes too long to deal damage and bloodlust easily beat it in terms of dps (err is this the right word) :V.

burst fury in endgame wont do much

blood memory err seriously you wont notice the difference in terms of dmg in end game play. it wont help zerk much in terms of dmg. as for me the sole purpose for blood memory is hit rate when using byeol

in the end you wont have that much luxury other than maxing the core skill like i said before especially if you plan to use ov set like brutal madman/blood reaper. unless you plan to use dark blood+reckless abandon but this set is more focused in spamming raging fury.

14. Mr. Sly Guest

Guess I'll just have to see x,x prolly not gonna be farming fora byeol though lol. Wouldn't you want bloody twister maxed though for the brutal madman set?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2016
  15. Dthugtherealist KingCutletz

IGN:
    DthugDaKing
    Guild:
    PhantomFores GM
    Server:
    Cain
    Yea man you cater your play style to your gear, people forget you can drop RF to 5 and max twister and blood sword if your gear caters to it. Also with what Gehu said about Blood Memory it's True I keep mine maxed cuz it caters to my Magic Stone and it doesn't affect my build negatively at all. Considering the fact in end game tho you aren't facing alotta mobs and are in mostly 1 v 1 situations blood memory isn't that good.

16. gehu still stuck in SIROCCO, but i can hue in CAIN now

IGN:
    Sloth
    Guild:
    RealityKings
    Server:
    Sirocco
    ermm maybe? , i dont know how good the dmg since i use blood reaper set. still 1/6 madman set:V
    probably will use it only for derange swap :D

17. madchickins Flesh

actually blood memory is more worth it to get now, it was so bad before it wasnt recommended but now the stacks gets 3 charges the moment a boss or unique monster is bleeding. It's quite a bit when maxed, but you should probably use it as an sp dump. for me my sp dump is crit cuz i can achieve above 100% crit so i can afford to max this skill out. The reason why most people do not max out twister with brutal madman setup is because that skill is percentage. Only reason you would max it out is if you are willing to give up a core skill for twister since you would have to interchange the sp and if you have a +12 or higher to make it viable compared to your fixed skills
    ScreenShot2016_0125_133516142.jpg

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  18. Mr. Sly Guest

I see, so overall it seems like zerk can be OP but cheap to fund since it's fixed, just so long as you focus around the fixed skills? I kinda thought the percentage skills would have a lot of potential if you max zanbato mastery and them + all the bonuses you get from bleeding enemies.

19. madchickins Flesh

they do, the percent skills have a ton of potential. Outrage break initial slam does so much percent dmg you could basically kill anything on the initial slam you'd think its a fixed skill. Twister has an insane amount of percent potential on it and all the zerk boosting skils just makes it godlier. But here's the catch with twister, as you go towards end game, otherverse sets aren't regarded for zerks anymore which means twister is the full grab + slash. If you incorporate 3 pc brutal madman in there, it would cost 3 slots. And zerk's cannot afford forfeiting 3 slots for a skill change primarily because the class underperforms late game. Another thing is that you'll understand the nature of berserker's is to kill things before it kills you. Burst is their strength, so that means twister needs to one shot them, but to go twister means to give up raging fury and bloodlust. Or give up bloodsword or outrage break. I recommend +12 epic minimum. You could make any build work in our current content though i guess that's what matters, so really it doesnt matter. But like going twister is a very expensive and inefficient build.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  20. Mr. Sly Guest

I see, I'm prolly gonna drop twister to 1 anyways but I wondered with the OV set on. Again I prolly am not gonna give it full epics or work on it to such a degree to get into Anton and etc but I would like it to be another alt that can manage to run our current end game content with more than enough ease without tons of "fundage". Ty for the insight guys :p

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)