Necromancer General Discussion

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Brandon, May 19, 2014.

1. NinNinCen Aim for the bushes

I heard about this but I still dont understand how it works. Do the other 3 members lure mateka to the other side of the room or what? Also what stance is being used?

2. HeyNow!

I got +2DR and +1DR/+1 Pledge in less than 10 tries.....I think I'm good.
    What's VPs cap again?

3. Necrofancy Blame Blob™

IGN:
    You already know!
    Server:
    Cain
    I vary my build when I'm in volcano to have max Black Wave and Black Energy Wave, with TP dumped into those skills. Nicholas doesn't have his skills get eaten by Mateka's Shield (aside from Black Web), and Mateka never teleports to him specifically anyways. Generally best to have everyone move away from the bugs, gather them up with Black Arachnia (this will hurt the party to the tune of 25-30% health if Mateka is within range), then Black Wave/Energy Wave the group of bugs.

With current mechanics, it's not likely you'll have Unholy Mastery stacks up consistently (since you can't refresh all stacks at once) or Pledge up (since Mateka eats Vallacre whenever he teleports to you), but it's possible to do enough damage to clear the bugs outright anyways. At that point, if you haven't cleared the bugs yet, best to maybe throw a skill on top of them and let Nicholas clean up with ranged stance.

Using Phantasm Storm in the room before to resummon Nicholas at a high level helps him do a lot more damage with his skills. Absolutely never use Phantasm Storm in Mateka's Room itself unless he is in phase 2 and his shield is permanently down. Mateka eating Phantasm Storm causes the Thief to be stuck in Phantasm Storming state - even after resummoning Vallacre you can't use Vall swings or skills.

Edit:
    http://df.nexon.com/df/pr/actupdate/MDAwOTM/?cat=8
    New update affecting Necromancer:
    Rough gist:
    • Obedient Ghost: Nicholas is immune to abnormal status while in defensive mode
    • Fear of the Slaughterer: Now an aura effect instead of a proc effect, fixed bugs that made shadow shred not apply properly
    • Vallacre's Pledge: Now recalculates on resummoning Vallacre (mind you, this is with Vallacre being a perma-buff).
    Some QoL changes, really nice though.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  4. JohnSmith

I finally got the +3 DR and +2 pledge titles. I just need that pledge top to cap it. Otherwise, I am done with swap gear pre-/post-patch. However, this game would not drop that Goddess Knife to fulfill my dream. Either that or 30 secret meetings with Gabby.

5. Firefly

how much should a +2 pledge title cost?

6. NinNinCen Aim for the bushes

First day was 300m I saw one today for 45m but then i saw 3 for 100m so just hope you get lucky

7. Firefly

I'm already balls to the walls deep going for DI on sader, leave shadow on kuno and now pledge for necro, and boy I am NOT lucky :(

I rly want to get a pledge on squirrel since im already at +9 DR and just the +1 from 25-30 range would make me +10.
    Having said that my pledge is only at a pitiful +4.

8. Necrofancy Blame Blob™

IGN:
    You already know!
    Server:
    Cain
    I have a spare 25-30 Pledge+2 title if you still need it. I've been trying for +3 in both 25-30 and 20-25 buff ranges for other Thief classes while I went for DR+3.

9. Firefly

How much were u looking for?

I hit 10 DR and I'm rly not looking forward to swapping for pledge as well (god forbid I fork out gold and snipe grasp plats hoping they are pledge), So far my only pledge items are the 45 brace, ruinous iron mace (after rework) and sea god pantsu. TBH I'm about to call it a day on necro since I still have yet to find a usable epic wep aside from swap and zombie memes.

On my path towards PVP top I've been sitting at the top of RP boards for like the past half a year too and I gotta say I'm no where near that bullshit. Also doesn't help that after u break 1600 rp u get maybe 5 matches every hour, ded game.

10. Crypticwiz

I have a quick question. I am going to finish my req wand grinding today and hopefully turn it into a lib wand soon. I have a +10/+8 Nine Skulls that I an currently using and I was wondering if I should keep it or sell it. Does it have any utility outside of nich dopple and is Iris's boss wand better?

11. Necrofancy Blame Blob™

IGN:
    You already know!
    Server:
    Cain
    I was the one who shot prices on pledge titles down to 40-45m, so something around that range is fine to me. I'm just looking to recoup costs while going for kuno/SD titles at this point.

They also changed Vallacre's Pledge emblems to have their own name - no worries about specifically checking Grasp emblems anymore.

You should try loss tanking to a lower ranking to get matched more frequently and to have better win rates. The PvP community is far too dead to go for PvP gear without gaming the hell out of the system imo. I've gone out of my way to use the amp event to bypass needing War God Top for DR/Pledge sets, even one that features no waiting on gear switch CDs or gets in the way of pet charging by pet swapping.

There's actually a video of a necro soloing Naval Gunship with Nich Doppels and Black Web, although he actually used Iris's Wand.

Sorceror's is also DR+2, if you can affort to take the hit in STR then that works.

12. NinNinCen Aim for the bushes

Not sure if anyone is still theory crafting for the future

Magic cata - +2 Pledge
    Kings book - 1 DR
    Halidom - 1 Pledge / DR
    Ghost Train Pants - 1 Pledge / DR
    Belt - STR / Taint
    Shoes - STR / Taint
    Top - STR / Taint
    Ring - STR / Taint / High tech ring ( 1 DR in future)
    Necklace STR / Taint
    Vetrans True Intention - 1 Pledge
    Pet - 1 DR
    Ava Top/Bottom/Clone/Aura 4 Pledge /DR
    Title - 2 Pledge / 3 DR

If you have the money I would suggest amping your +1 skill gear and throw DR taints on any other slot open. This seems the fastest way to me to get 10 DR and 9 Pledge without waiting on cooldown of gear but will still have to ava swap. Of course this is beyond cap level so don't go buying everything here just get what you think you can afford.

13. Necrofancy Blame Blob™

IGN:
    You already know!
    Server:
    Cain
    Amping DR/Pledge pieces is what I've done for my post-revamp setup.
    [​IMG]
    +5 Pledge
    +6 DR

I have enough amping/enchants on those pieces to only need to switch between aura/top/bottom (+4 to each pledge or DR) to be capped in either. Then I can jump right into battle set without fiddling with pets (which costs charge time on actives like Hot Summer pet) or waiting on cooldowns. Since the variation is only in avatar swaps between pledge/DR, I only have to mess with one window to complete a setup, then switch to the equipment window to go completely to battle set.

Of course, that's contingent on Cataclysm giving +2 pledge and us having revamped avatar tops, so for now, I'm using still using the "swap box"
    [​IMG]
    I have a basic set of swap avatars, but this gets stuck with a 10s cooldown for a couple important slots. That means I have to equip ->avatar -> equip swap to cap out.

Most ideal setup would probably involve having enough skill boosts to be able to go from DR to Pledge in just title switching. That's actually really hard with our current equipment possibilities:

[​IMG]
    This involves basically +11 amping one piece, +10ing almost every single other piece. Only the top is not +10 and only the stone is completely uncursed.
    2500 valid STR is actually a bitch to hit when you try to blend Pledge and DR setups together to minimize swapping. The super-STR epic options in revamp conflict with Pledge-boosting slots, which is a fair bit annoying.

It's why the change to 2222ish STR needed is really nice, but who knows what exact patch point we'll get in the next balance update for DFOG.

In other news, someone found a deal chart for Thanatos in Luke Raid, and let's just say Vallacre Incarnation is SUPER STRONG right now.
    [​IMG]
    Now, when I initially looked at the (upgraded) cloth armor set, I brushed it off in comparison to SuperContinential set, but there's been a lot of revelations and revamps that are making this set look absolutely absurd on Necro right now.

To list what's changed since I last looked at the set:
    • Light armor no longer has a particular advantage over Cloth Armor because of the crit mod changing
    • Luke Normals+Raid was revealed to have a 23% defense shred cap. The armor set featured a 25% shred aura in test server, which would that Fear of the Slaughterer's ~10-11% along with this set could actually cap Luke shreds.
    • Vallacre Incarnation doing serious damage makes the extra skill damage for 2nd awakening actives a LOT more attractive.
    I really should look into how the upgraded sets got updated. This looks like some stupidly good potential right here.

14. Radion

can someone link me some necro videos of her doing naval or a break down of timing cubes.

15. GhostlyCrow

Guild:
    Salty
    Isn't it just "don't activate cube skill if blue shield guys are alive and not being held?" Like on Witch I can pop Uroboros at about 45 seconds and be fine to roll on them when they spawn at 50.

16. Icaro [3 Steps Ahead]

IGN:
    Yuyokochan
    Guild:
    NewWorld
    Server:
    Cain
    i still have only +4 pledge and +3 DR as i keep working on getting more STR pieces, but at slow pace one can achive success... or so the saying goes.
    [​IMG]
    for all of you necro mains.

17. Necrofancy Blame Blob™

IGN:
    You already know!
    Server:
    Cain
    Easy way to do naval defense on any character.

Look at the seconds timer when you enter second room, and add 10, 20, and 30.

Example off a video:
    [​IMG]
    Golems will spawn at 08, 18, and 28.
    So you'd set up Living Dead at around 25:11 or so, and guillotine at 25:09-10 as an example.

The only Necro hampo video I've actually seen is a Necro completely dicking around, summoning Nicholas Doppelgangers with Iris Wand, and soloing without ANY cubes whatsoever because enemies can't get past [​IMG]. Mind you, they're using a Salvation Wand, and that wand is basically the only good weapon to use in tandem with Iris's Wand at endgame (Nicholas Doppelgangers do NOT get damage modifier bonuses, but will benefit from the straight skill damage on Savior weapons).

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Radion

Thank you Fancy!

19. Necrofancy Blame Blob™

IGN:
    You already know!
    Server:
    Cain
    Necromancer changes coming up with this update.

Summary:
    • We're getting the balance patch up to Cataclysm adjustment (meaning reworked, permabuff Dark Ritual needing +10 DR and 2500 valid STR).
    • Not getting the later adjustments.
    • No full update to Epics yet (Dark Gothic unaffected for now)
    • Update to avatar top options MIGHT fix Thief avatar top options
      • EDIT: YOU CAN FINALLY PICK VALLACRE'S PLEDGE AS A TOP HOLY SHIT YESSSSSSSSS
      • ALSO UNHOLY MASTERY IS A TOP OPTION AND THE SKILL IS GOOD NOW
    Looks really good for now :jawdrop: DG necro is going to be at its strongest point until the epic rework, at which point it'll take a slight hit until the armor mastery update.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  20. Icaro [3 Steps Ahead]

IGN:
    Yuyokochan
    Guild:
    NewWorld
    Server:
    Cain
    Searching for +2-3 DR/+2 pledge titles to grab is suffering ;_;
    but whoop whoop pledge and unholy mastery on top avas is a blessing. :dance:
    also quick question. Since i have the 9pc chron box, is spider prince a good option for a grab? i heard that it was good for a hold position in antonnio

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)